Rank the Marvel films

Added Spider-Man: Homecoming to the MCU section... loved it. Still a tie for the X-Films and MCU, but Homecoming almost had me declare the MCU #1.
I like your list, a few changes and I'll like it more.

Thor Ragnarok was a delightful surprise. I feel like his movies have been the least appreciated in the MCU, so the production team just said "Screw it. Let's have some fun with this one." I go back and forth between this film's Kirby influence and Dark World's more fantasy influence. It didn't have the best plot (mainly because of the villain) but I loved seeing Asgard explored more in Dark World. But we see so much history of Asgard in Ragnarok and it ties in to his series perfectly. Also this movie has the BEST action from all of his movies, and when they couple that with "Immigrant Song" it just makes you want to raise a fist in the air as Thor takes on Hela.

Great/Good
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Avengers: Age of Ultron
4. X2: X-Men United
5. The Avengers
6. X-Men: Days of Future Past
7. X-Men: First Class
8. Iron Man
9. Spider-Man 2
10. Ant-Man
11. Spider-Man
12. Captain America: The First Avenger
13. Spider-Man: Homecoming
14. Thor: Ragnarok
15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
16. Iron Man 2
17. Doctor Strange
18. The Wolverine
19. Deadpool
20. Guardians of the Galaxy
21. Incredible Hulk
22. Iron Man 3
23. X-Men: Apocalypse
24. Thor
25. Thor: The Dark World
26. Logan
27. X-Men: The Last Stand
28. X-Men
29. The Amazing Spider-Man
30. Daredevil (Director's Cut)

OK/Meh
31. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
32. Spider-Man 3
33. Blade
34. The Punisher
35. Hulk
36. Fantastic Four (2015)
37. Ghost Rider
38. Blade 2
39. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
40. Elektra (gets a pass cuz I love Jennifer Garner)

Just...Bad
41. Amazing Spider-Man 2
42. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
43. Fantastic Four
44. Blade Trinity
45. Punisher: War Zone

GREAT (worth watching again and again):

1. The Avengers
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Deadpool
5. Spider-Man
6. Spider-Man 2
7. Captain America: Civil War

GOOD (worth watching more than once):

8. Spider-Man: Homecoming
9. Avengers: Age of Ultron
10. Iron Man
11. Captain America: The First Avenger
12. Ant-Man
13. Days of Future Past
14. First Class

OK (worth checking out):

15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
16. Logan
17. Doctor Strange
18. Thor: Ragnarok
19. Iron Man 3
20. Iron Man 2
21. Blade
22. Blade 2
23. X2
24. X-Men

MEH (skippable):

25. The Wolverine
26. Spider-Man 3
27. Amazing Spider-Man
28. X-Men: Last Stand
29. The Incredible Hulk
30. Thor

BAD (better avoid):

31. Thor 2: The Dark World
32. X-Men: Apocalypse
33. Amazing Spider-Man 2
34. Daredevil
35. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

ABSOLUTE FAVORITES, BEST OF THE BEST, CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER:

1. X-Men Film Franchise (X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, Legion, Logan)

1. Marvel Cinematic Universe (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel's The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel's Agent Carter, Marvel's Daredevil, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Marvel's Jessica Jones, Captain America: Civil War, Marvel's Luke Cage, Doctor Strange, Marvel's Iron Fist, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Marvel's The Defenders, Marvel's Inhumans, Thor: Ragnarok)

2. The Spider-Man Trilogy (Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3)

3. the Blade Trilogy and Series (Blade, Blade II, Blade: Trinity...and Blade: The Series)

I CAN GIVE A WATCH A FEW TIMES A YEAR:

4. The Amazing Spider-Man , The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I CAN GIVE THEM A WATCH ONCE A YEAR:

5. Daredevil: Director's Cut, Elektra

6. Fantastic Four (2015)

7. Fantastic Four Films (Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer)

THE REST, MAYBE WATCH ONCE A YEAR IN BITS AND PIECES:

8. Punisher, Punisher: WarZone

9. Hulk

10. Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

11. Man-Thing

Added Thor: Ragnarok to the MCU section.

Last edited:
Best movies of Marvel in my opinion are:
Iron Man (by far the best movie of Marvel, so good)
Avenger
CA: Winter Soldier
Civil War

1. X-Men Film Franchise (X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, Legion, Logan)

1. Marvel Cinematic Universe (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel's The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel's Agent Carter, Marvel's Daredevil, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Marvel's Jessica Jones, Captain America: Civil War, Marvel's Luke Cage, Doctor Strange, Marvel's Iron Fist, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Marvel's The Defenders, Marvel's Inhumans, Thor: Ragnarok, Marvel's The Punisher)

3. the Blade Trilogy and Series (Blade, Blade II, Blade: Trinity...and Blade: The Series)

6. Fantastic Four (2015)

7. Fantastic Four Films (Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer)

9. Hulk

11. Man-Thing

added Marvel's The Punisher to the MCU section. Wow, really enjoyed the series. So far I've been enjoying the Netflix series in the order they came out but Punisher was a different beast...

A:
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Incredible Hulk
Spider-Man

B:
Spider-Man 2
DareDevil
X-2 X-Men United
Spider-Man 3
X-Men: The Last Stand
Ghost Rider

C:
Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer
Electra

I thought I'd take it a bit further than comparing Sony and Fox with the MCU by adding DC as well.

The Dark Knight
V For Vendetta

Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor: Ragnarok
Daredevil (Season 1)
Winter Soldier
Avengers
Jessica Jones (Season 1)

Daredevil (Season 2)
Batman Begins
Civil War
Age of Ultron

Watchmen
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Iron Man
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Agents of Shield (Season 4)

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2

Agents of Shield (Season 3)

Defenders
Deadpool
Agents of Shield (Season 2)
X-Men: First Class
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-Man Homecoming
Thor
Captain America

X-Men
X-Men 2

X-Men: Apocalypse
Thor: The Dark World
Man of Steel
Agents of Shield (Season 1)
Iron Man 2

Daredevil (2003)
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
The Wolverine

Iron Man 3
Spider-Man 3
Justice League
Green Lantern

Last edited:
Ragnarok/Black Panther
Civil War
Age of Ultron
The Winter Soldier
Vol.2/Vol.1
Homecoming
The Avengers
Doctor Strange/Iron Man
Ant-Man
Thor/IM3
The First Avenger
The Dark World
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk

Black Panther was awesome! The story they told between T'Challa and Killmonger was one of the most powerful and relevant I've seen in ANY movie probably since Winter Soldier. And the entire cast was amazing. I hope we get to see more of them in Infinity War.

Great/Good
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Avengers: Age of Ultron
4. X2: X-Men United
5. The Avengers
6. X-Men: Days of Future Past
7. X-Men: First Class
8. Iron Man
9. Black Panther
10. Spider-Man 2
11. Ant-Man
12. Spider-Man
13. Captain America: The First Avenger
14. Spider-Man: Homecoming
15. Thor: Ragnarok
16. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
17. Iron Man 2
18. Doctor Strange
19. The Wolverine
20. Deadpool
21. Guardians of the Galaxy
22. Incredible Hulk
23. Iron Man 3
24. X-Men: Apocalypse
25. Thor
26. Thor: The Dark World
27. Logan
28. X-Men: The Last Stand
29. X-Men
30. The Amazing Spider-Man
31. Daredevil (Director's Cut)

OK/Meh
32. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
33. Spider-Man 3
34. Blade
35. The Punisher
36. Hulk
37. Fantastic Four (2015)
38. Ghost Rider
39. Blade 2
40. Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
41. Elektra (gets a pass cuz I love Jennifer Garner)

Just...Bad
42. Amazing Spider-Man 2
43. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
44. Fantastic Four
45. Blade Trinity
46. Punisher: War Zone

Just watched Civil War again. It had been a while since the last time. Some of my gripes upon first viewing have kind of slipped away now.

You know what I like most about it though? The friendships that have carried over from prior movies. IM/Rhodey. Cap/Bucky. Cap/Falcon. Then Cap's history coming full circle with a new friend and old (i.e. Bucky and Sam Wilson) sitting in the car together looking on as Cap finally strikes the flame of romance with Sharon.

Seriously the couple of scenes with Bucky and Wilson together were hysterical and the underlying friendship jealousy with Cap. I could watch a full movie of just those two.

I have to say since CW, Ragnorak and Black Panther have come along, I enjoy AOU more now than I ever have. I still find Ultron as a villain disappointing, but the movie itself I find more enjoyable now.

And people who know me on here know I have had major problems with it since 2015

I have to say since CW, Ragnorak and Black Panther have come along, I enjoy AOU more now than I ever have. I still find Ultron as a villain disappointing, but the movie itself I find more enjoyable now.

And people who know me on here know I have had major problems with it since 2015

They certainly make it more complete as AoU really felt like the 'middle point' of the whole MCU,and Infinity War will probably have a similar effect on it. Everything AoU set up is coming full circle and this enriches the viewing experience. It made same major heavy lifting that IMO helped the MCU going forward.
I still stand it's Marvel's most underrated movie with Thor and IM3.

They certainly make it more complete as AoU really felt like the 'middle point' of the whole MCU,and Infinity War will probably have a similar effect on it. Everything AoU set up is coming full circle and this enriches the viewing experience. It made same major heavy lifting that IMO helped the MCU going forward.
I still stand it's Marvel's most underrated movie with Thor and IM3.

Well at the time it came out I stated one it’s main problems was having to set up phase 3. Klaassen felt like advert for BP (and people actually argued with me on that and debated whether Klaw would be in BP at the time :whatever:), and all of the stone stuff felt like a set up. Now that stuff has come to fruition it seems to have paid off.

The problem is though due to all of the set up I still feel Ultron as a character got short changed and that was a factor in him being so disappointing to many. But yeah, I enjoy the movie more now than I did in 2015, or even 2016.

Well at the time it came out I stated one it’s main problems was having to set up phase 3. Klaassen felt like advert for BP (and people actually argued with me on that and debated whether Klaw would be in BP at the time :whatever:), and all of the stone stuff felt like a set up. Now that stuff has come to fruition it seems to have paid off.

The problem is though due to all of the set up I still feel Ultron as a character got short changed and that was a factor in him being so disappointing to many. But yeah, I enjoy the movie more now than I did in 2015, or even 2016.

If only they had chosen to make him do something truly epic in the final battle, could have done a lot for our perception of the character. I personally loved Klaue's introduction, his presence made sense to me in the context of the movie while obviously being a wink for the fans.

If only they had chosen to make him do something truly epic in the final battle, could have done a lot for our perception of the character. I personally loved Klaue's introduction, his presence made sense to me in the context of the movie while obviously being a wink for the fans.

Ultron definitely needed a moment like that, but as he didn’t get it his threat was virtually nonexistent. He loses every battle he has in the movie, surprised Joss didn’t realise this.

I didn’t mind Klaw’s introduction either, but it was an obvious set up for BP.

Ultron definitely needed a moment like that, but as he didn’t get it his threat was virtually nonexistent. He loses every battle he has in the movie, surprised Joss didn’t realise this.

I didn’t mind Klaw’s introduction either, but it was an obvious set up for BP.

I don't agree. He won the confrontation for the vibranium. Yes, his body was defeated, but all the Avengers sans Iron Man and Hawkeye were incapacitated and Iron Man had to fight Hulk and cause massive destruction. All in all, I call that a win.

I don't agree. He won the confrontation for the vibranium. Yes, his body was defeated, but all the Avengers sans Iron Man and Hawkeye were incapacitated and Iron Man had to fight Hulk and cause massive destruction. All in all, I call that a win.

He didn’t ‘tear them apart’ as he intended though, and they soon licked their wounds and came back. He then loses the very next battle for his Vision body.

Once he loses SW from his side he pretty becomes a punching bag. If anything SW was the real threat.

He didn’t ‘tear them apart’ as he intended though, and they soon licked their wounds and came back. He then loses the very next battle for his Vision body.

Once he loses SW from his side he pretty becomes a punching bag. If anything SW was the real threat.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this assessment.

He definately outsmarted Tony in South Africa. I liked that a lot. Also how he took him by surprise when Sokovia went for a ride.

He definately outsmarted Tony in South Africa. I liked that a lot. Also how he took him by surprise when Sokovia went for a ride.

Agreed. We have to remember something about Ultron: his bodies were disposable. Losing 1 was not a problem to achieve a goal. He gets away with Loki's staff and the Vibranium. Yes, his bodies are defeated, but he got what he wanted. Therefore he won those confrontations. I think people are making victory/defeat into a literal, physical thing. Ultron outsmarted them many times in the film.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this assessment.

Fair enough

Agreed. We have to remember something about Ultron: his bodies were disposable. Losing 1 was not a problem to achieve a goal. He gets away with Loki's staff and the Vibranium. Yes, his bodies are defeated, but he got what he wanted. Therefore he won those confrontations. I think people are making victory/defeat into a literal, physical thing. Ultron outsmarted them many times in the film.

He also got outsmarted a lot as well though. He wasn’t really a threat physically or psychologically overall. Killmonger was smart and a powerful threat to the hero, same with Hela, that’s why they are much better villains.

1. X-Men Film Franchise (X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, Legion, Logan, The Gifted)

1. Marvel Cinematic Universe (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel's The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel's Agent Carter, Marvel's Daredevil, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Marvel's Jessica Jones, Captain America: Civil War, Marvel's Luke Cage, Doctor Strange, Marvel's Iron Fist, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Marvel's The Defenders, Marvel's Inhumans, Thor: Ragnarok, Marvel's The Punisher)

6. Fantastic Four (2015)

9. Hulk

11. Man-Thing

Added The Gifted to the X-Men section. Whether it is in the universe of the films or not, no biggie, I'm justing lumping the X-Films and shows together for ease.

I loved it. Again, I didn't mind the original characters, I did mind the use of some of the characters used (Sage)... though. It's a solid TV step for the X-Universe to take.

1. X-Men Film Franchise (X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, Legion, Logan, The Gifted)

1. Marvel Cinematic Universe (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel's The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel's Agent Carter, Marvel's Daredevil, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Marvel's Jessica Jones, Captain America: Civil War, Marvel's Luke Cage, Doctor Strange, Marvel's Iron Fist, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Marvel's The Defenders, Marvel's Inhumans, Thor: Ragnarok, Marvel's The Punisher, Marvel's Runaways, Black Panther)

6. Fantastic Four (2015)

9. Hulk

11. Man-Thing

Added Runaways and Black Panther to the MCU section. To things I didn't even know I needed.

Ant-Man is hard to rate. It has a very conventional first half, but the second is filled with some of the most amazing action and special effects Marvel have ever done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"