Family Guy has jumped the shark

Obi-Ron

Deal with it
Reaction score
It's official... adding the gag with that little rat from "Ice Age" just to hype the new movie.

The show has achieved instant lameness.

its now your posting this?! anyway i think the bit was hilarious!

I didn't know there was another Ice Age movie, so meh

Family Guy jumped the shark the moment it came back into production. For the most part, season 4 has sucked. It took The Simpsons at least 10 years to do that. What a shame considering how brilliant season 3 was.

I hardly think this is cause to say Family Guy has jumped the shark - they take all sorts of jabs at movies and TV shows. As a matter of fact, that's what they've been doing from the very beginning.

By this logic, Family Guy jumped the shark on its first episode.

jaydawg said:
Family Guy jumped the shark the moment it came back into production. For the most part, season 4 has sucked. It took The Simpsons at least 10 years to do that. What a shame considering how brilliant season 3 was.
:up:

I agree completely. The show has been of pretty poor quality since it came back.

really sundays episode was pretty hilarious. and its come back last year was great. but the show has lagged down becaus of reruns.

jaydawg said:

Gotta agree with that as well. It reminds me of The Simpsons when I watch it now. Before it was more fresh and original than the episodes of The Simpsons that were airing.

Yeah, ever since they came back, all they've been doing is stretching out jokes from previous episodes that people liked. Sure, they threw in a good gag here and there, but that doesn't change the fact that they've jumped it.

jaydawg said:

Agreed. I didn't start disliking it until that episode when Lois married Brian. That was just too stupid.

Jochimus said:
I hardly think this is cause to say Family Guy has jumped the shark - they take all sorts of jabs at movies and TV shows. As a matter of fact, that's what they've been doing from the very beginning.

By this logic, Family Guy jumped the shark on its first episode.

I'm convinced the Ice Age gag was put in to help hype the movie. There was a commercial for it minutes later. That was no "jab," that was marketing. :down :mad:

It did feel like a bit of gratuitous product placement to me. I got to be honest.

Just odd though that Fox would want to promote a kids movie like Ice Age 2 during a show like Family Guy.

Every ep after the A-team one has been crap

People are pretty quick to say a show has "jumped the shark" these days, sometimes a couple of bad episodes is enough... Thing is, if FG hadn´t been out of production for so long and didn´t have this "miraculous comeback story", people would probably be less critical. The whole thing raised expectations too much. I never thought the show was so frikking brilliant to begin with. It never got close to what Simpsons was at its prime, IMO.

ultimatefan said:
People are pretty quick to say a show has "jumped the shark" these days, sometimes a couple of bad episodes is enough...

The truth is a lot of the shows are jumping the shark these days.

Spidey-Bat said:
Agreed. I didn't start disliking it until that episode when Lois married Brian. That was just too stupid.

aww man i hated that episode.. wtf was that all about anyway the whole thing brian is trying to get lois to have sex with him i mean seriously

jaydawg said:

Thank you, I thought I was alone on this one. Everything that made the first three seasons of Family Guy so good has been completely absent from the new episodes. The great thing about Family Guy was that its humor was unexpected and original. Now it's become incredibly predictable, unoriginal and vulgar for the sake of being vulgar.

I gotta say I thought tonight's was pretty good.

Man there was a new episode?!?!

Freakin crap...:(

Anygood?

PWN3R RANGER said:
Man there was a new episode?!?!

Freakin crap...:(

Anygood?
Apparently it wasn't new. It was the one with Lois's brother and the fat guys. It was new to me, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah IMO out of FG's whole run, only two episdoes have been lame.

Spidey-Bat said:
The truth is a lot of the shows are jumping the shark these days.
And others are reaching heights of greatness. That´s how TV goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"