Movie series that "jumped the shark"?

I absolutely love the new DVD version of Alien 3, with the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set. It's called the workprint, I believe. It's superb. Sigourney Weaver has said that it's very popualr in Europe but not in the US, and I think she sees it as the best one.

As a follow up to Aliens, it could be seen as a letdown. But you can't top Aliens anyway (ever seen a film like Aliens but better? Of course not). It's really a perfect ending to the trilogy, and goes from dispair to life-affirming sacrifice and true heroics. You have two hours of dark religious metaphors, a murky prison planet full of doomed criminals, and the worst thing imaginable unleashed on them - and yet the film ends with pure uplifitting light and triumph.

I just wish Sigourney had never signed for Resurrection, because Alien 3 is the perfect ending.

Kevin Roegele said:
I absolutely love the new DVD version of Alien 3, with the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set. It's called the workprint, I believe. It's superb. Sigourney Weaver has said that it's very popualr in Europe but not in the US, and I think she sees it as the best one.

As a follow up to Aliens, it could be seen as a letdown. But you can't top Aliens anyway (ever seen a film like Aliens but better? Of course not). It's really a perfect ending to the trilogy, and goes from dispair to life-affirming sacrifice and true heroics. You have two hours of dark religious metaphors, a murky prison planet full of doomed criminals, and the worst thing imaginable unleashed on them - and yet the film ends with pure uplifitting light and triumph.

I just wish Sigourney had never signed for Resurrection, because Alien 3 is the perfect ending.

Aliens drags quite a bit and while it solid, I rank it below Alien and Aliens 3... No correction the first time I watched it, I thought it was great... Watched it again and it lost it's luster. Alien on the otherhand is a master-piece but because the sequal is an action thrill ride it's often forgotten about, and Alien 3 I like how it try to blend elements from both 1 and 2. Alien 3 also has a great ending :up:

Kevin Roegele said:

I've heard the director's cut is better. I might check it out. Still, the first two will always be my favorites. Aliens is in my top three.

Die Hard 3 is one of my top 10 movies

Movies205 said:
Aliens drags quite a bit and while it solid, I rank it below Alien and Aliens 3... No correction the first time I watched it, I thought it was great... Watched it again and it lost it's luster. Alien on the otherhand is a master-piece but because the sequal is an action thrill ride it's often forgotten about, and Alien 3 I like how it try to blend elements from both 1 and 2. Alien 3 also has a great ending :up:

you'd think alien3 is remembered most bc it sucked

Dr. Fate said:
Highlander 2 permanently soiled the Highlander franchise.

yea, i thought there could only be one highlander...

im really surprised die hard 3 was mentioned at all. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"