Fantastic Four 94--Not Bad.

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
I've seen the entire movie on Youtube earlier today. I was expecting a bad movie and to my surprise, I got a okay B-movie. The acting overall is acceptable, the best acting coming from Alex Hyde-White as Mr. Fantastic. The score is passable. I don't know if this is a temp score or not, but it does it job. I do wish some of the music was better though, but again, it's passable. The special effects. Well, at least there's something there on screen to look at. The best effects here is Mr. Fantastic's rubber arm and The Thing's rubber suit. The worst is near the end of the movie, when Johnny Storm chases the green laser. That just wasn't good or believeable. Director Oley Sassone gives the movie a so-so look visually. Some scenes I feel could have looked better, but other scenes were done decently. The production values are okay for the budget. The script has some lame moments, but it does have some positive parts in it. Character development and some nice dialouge, though the script should have been rewritten when the budget was slashed big time, but there wasn't any time for that.

Watching this movie was a nice little surprise. I'm glad I saw it for free, because I would have wasted some money if I got it off of ebay for more than a few bucks. I would like to see a official DVD release with remastered video, perhaps a new score, widescreen presentation, and a commentary track with the cast and crew (no, not Roger Corman and Avi Arad). Unfortually, that looks like it will never happen.

I've lost respect for Mr. Arad. I've finally seen the movie and I can't understand why he has *rumored* destroyed every print/reel of the movie. Something like that shouldn't happen. It's unfair to the Director, actors, and screenwriters, and everybody else involved in the production of the movie who worked hard. This movie deserved a proper release and given it's low budget, would have made a profit quickly for Marvel and Roger Corman. I also don't respect Roger Corman. Yes, he has made a lot of low budget movies in his career. The problem is that he's making movies to make money and not to entertain movie fans. He doesn't give a crap about how the movie turns out, as long as he makes a nice little profit. This is what I find wrong in the movie industry. The script is often treated like donkey crap. Yes, I said donkey crap. It makes me wonder. Since this movie wasn't released, why was Man-Thing released? Marvel, Avi Arad, and LGF HATE this movie. Why do you think it was sent to the Sci-Fi Channel and not to theaters? Why do you think the north american dvd is bare bones and that all parties don't like to mention the movie? I actually don't know why he(Avi Arad) didn't burn every print/reel of Man-Thing like he did with 1994 Fantastic Four. Well, rumored anyway. Obivously Avi Arad missed a copy because that's how other copies got around online and at comic convetions.

Arad should've burned all the copies from Story's F4 and stuck with this. :o

I remembered the first time I saw it was right after I heard the worst possible reviews ever, and it wasn't THAT bad. The movie had basically no budget, but it worked. Doom's hand puppet motions bugged me. Plus I liked the Thing suit in this better than the newer FF movie. :o

Yeh I think its fine, I dont see why it wasnt released and Captain America was.

The only thing that really pisses me off is the girl that plays Alicia Masters. Though she makes the rest of the cast look great in a way...

It started out pretty good but I could not even stomach how bad the visuals were at the end.

FOG3 said:
Yeh I think its fine, I dont see why it wasnt released and Captain America was.

The only thing that really pisses me off is the girl that plays Alicia Masters. Though she makes the rest of the cast look great in a way...

The only thing that really bothers me about the movie was When Alicia Masters get's knocked out.....The Camera Switches to her POV and fades to black.......SHE'S BLIND.

Anyway it was by no means great, but it's not nearly as bad as people say.

Hey...the score was finished.

You must say something about the music. This is also a testament to everyone's commitment to make the best movie we could. David and Eric Wurst composed the music for this movie and I can tell you, the sound track is Horner-esque. They recorded it with a 48 piece orchestra in the studio at Capitol Records where Sinatra recorded. The remarkable part is (and I know some smarmy producer may call them idiots but) they kicked in some of their own money."

http://www.teako170.com/ffmovie.html

Yo The 94 Version Was 100 Times Better Than The Tim Story Crap. Verily! I Was Laughing Through The Whole Damn Movie, While In Tim Story's I Was Cringing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"