Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Absolutely this

FF.jpg

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Still shooting for July?

Has anybody heard anything about San Diego Comic Con?

I’m guessing they might be too busy with production for a full panel, but hopefully we’ll get a little taste of something.

Like maybe shots of them in uniform…and I’d love to get a look at Ben.

Just the font in the first image gave me a strong Jetson’s vibe.

I think the idea is: “Let’s make this look like what people in the 60’s thought the future would look like” - which is the Jetsons.

Holy S***ski.....If that's true, I'm going to see it at the TCL Chinese Theater (Grauman's) in Hollywood. I'll have the breakfast buffet at Loews hotel....if they still have it.

I am freaking stoked......

It's totally groovy, far out (hey, it's the 60s), and rad. :funny:

EDIT: I'm feeling, well, Fantastic....

Last edited:
Maybe I’m the only one who was thinking this way, but I’ve kind of been assuming the FF would be in their universe for most of the film and then be brought into the main MCU by some event toward the end of the film.

But looking at the schedule, I’m starting to wonder if they’ll end the film with them still in their world - and then (with Doom) be brought together with everyone else in Secret Wars and then, through some series of events, not be able to return.

Still shooting for July?

Has anybody heard anything about San Diego Comic Con?

I’m guessing they might be too busy with production for a full panel, but hopefully we’ll get a little taste of something.

Like maybe shots of them in uniform…and I’d love to get a look at Ben.
Deja Vu!!!!!!!!

Holy S***ski.....If that's true, I'm going to see it at the TCL Chinese Theater (Grauman's) in Hollywood. I'll have the breakfast buffet at Loews hotel....if they still have it.

I am freaking stoked......

It's totally groovy, far out (hey, it's the 60s), and rad. :funny:

EDIT: I'm feeling, well, Fantastic....
I will actually go to the Midnight showing....

Regarding the Franklin question, the cast’s age: PP-49, EMB - 47, VK -35, JK -30, would make me think they’ve been a team for 10-15 years with plenty of time for Reed and Sue to have gotten married and have Franklin.

So I’d guess that’s the plan with maybe a 10ish year old Franklin, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Valeria is in there too.

With, hopefully, a long history with Doom who will come with them to the MCU … and maybe even be the reason.

I kinda like the Franklin theory...

but, with the 60's theme and the comparison too WandaVision (with the same director)

it almost feels too similar to the plot of that...

Current rumor is that Norrin Rad will also be in the Fantastic Four film alongside Shalla- Bal

Current rumor is that Norrin Rad will also be in the Fantastic Four film alongside Shalla- Bal
I’m still not convinced she’s going to be SS.

We haven’t seen an official announcement from Marvel, to my knowledge. I think Marvel may have cast her as Shalla-Bal and explained the character was related to Silver Surfer, but that connection got overstated in the reporting.

But we’ll see. It just doesn’t make sense that they would switch it, but sometimes they do things that don’t make sense.

Given Variety and such reported it as well, i an inclined to believe it
Yeah, but Variety said:

“Emmy and Golden Globe winner Julia Garner is joining Marvel’s “The Fantastic Four” as Shalla-Bal, a version of Silver Surfer from the Marvel comics.”

Was Shalla-Bal a version of Silver Surfer in the comics?

Yes.

Will she be Silver Surfer in the first Fantastic Four film? Maybe, maybe not.

Yeah, but Variety said:

“Emmy and Golden Globe winner Julia Garner is joining Marvel’s “The Fantastic Four” as Shalla-Bal, a version of Silver Surfer from the Marvel comics.”

Was Shalla-Bal a version of Silver Surfer in the comics?

Yes.

Will she be Silver Surfer in the first Fantastic Four film? Maybe, maybe not.
But I don't think they would be saying it that way if their sources didn't tell them that. It isnt like all the reporters at Variety are nerd experts, so their sources feed them this stuff. So, I would advise walking in thinking she is Surfer at this point unless something changes.

I think it’s more likely than not.

But I also wouldn’t be shocked if someone could find a Variety article from 2006 saying something like: “Beau Garrett has been cast as Frankie Raye - Nova in the Marvel Comics”

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"