The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

It’s funny they keep on parroting the Jay Olivia quote, casually glazing over multiple Ben quotes expressing he wasn’t satisfied with the script at all and the fact it was co written by Geoff Johns (who they hate)

It’s funny they keep on parroting the Jay Olivia quote, casually glazing over multiple Ben quotes expressing he wasn’t satisfied with the script at all and the fact it was co written by Geoff Johns (who they hate)

I think it's very telling as well, that anytime someone was given a chance to praise the script in any way or fashion, all they could come up with is that Batgirl's in it, Deathstroke murders a bunch of people, it was set in Arkham Asylum and they rip off that Arkham Origins trailer fight

Nothing to do with characters, story, or any of that. A character existing, another character killing off a bunch of characters, a setting and ripping off a fight. Sounds so thrilling

The entire idea of Deathstroke being the villain in The Batman was born out of being inspired by the Batman: Arkham Origins cinematic trailer where they had a cool fight scene (that you don't really get to do in the game anyway, its more of a counter button mini-game), so its not like there was a strong foundation to work off of.

“I screen-tested for ‘Batman’ and didn’t get it,” Hoult said. “Screen-tested for ‘Top Gun,’ didn’t get it. Then I got the call from Tom Cruise: ‘Hey, how about “Mission Impossible?”‘ Ok. Got it. Then I had to drop out because I was already attached to do some more of ‘The Great.’”

“I screen-tested for ‘Batman’ and didn’t get it,” Hoult said. “Screen-tested for ‘Top Gun,’ didn’t get it. Then I got the call from Tom Cruise: ‘Hey, how about “Mission Impossible?”‘ Ok. Got it. Then I had to drop out because I was already attached to do some more of ‘The Great.’”

He’s improving and will get better and better roles. No shame in losing to Battinson.

He's got the James Marsden problem where he could never reach leading man status despite his best effort. But yeah I loved him in The Menu and hopefully in Renfield.

He’s a very competent actor but a very boring screen presence for a lead, imo. He needs to lean into his more oddball character-actor side and go for those fun supporting roles. He’s far more enjoyable to watch in those, imo.
Agreed. :) He's a much better supporting actor. I don't think he can carry a major film on his own.

He’s a very competent actor but a very boring screen presence for a lead, imo. He needs to lean into his more oddball character-actor side and go for those fun supporting roles. He’s far more enjoyable to watch in those, imo.
Batman kinda epitomizes the opposite of the type of roles he should do as an actor. It's hard to think of a role less suited for his skills.

Nicholas Hoult is completely fine but I find him a "meh" actor. I haven't seen him totally knock a character out of the park. With the exception of About A Boy. I can't stop seeing him in that role.

I didn't think I would like The Batman but was pleasantly surprised by its unique take. I agree that with all the Supermans out there it's going to take something special like this to stand out.

Nicholas Hoult is completely fine but I find him a "meh" actor. I haven't seen him totally knock a character out of the park. With the exception of About A Boy. I can't stop seeing him in that role.
I loved him in Warm Bodies. Have you seen that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"