Fargo - FX Greenlights Limited Series

Who are we counting as "the villain" of season 2. Bokeem Woodbine?

In any case yeah he's my least favorite

There were a lot of villains in season 2. Mike Milligan and Hanzee were probably the most pronounced.

I'm still not totally sure what Varga's game is exactly. Is it just to consume Emmit's business?

Last edited:
There were a lot of villains in season 2. Mike Milligan and Hanzee were probably the most pronounced.

I'm still not totally sure what Varga's game is exactly. Is it just to consume Emmit's business?

I'd say Jean Smart's character is also a pretty prominent villain of season 2.

Varga did himself no favors with Gloria. He could not have possibly acted any guiltier. I love how Gloria shut down his Hitler story. She's got him rattled. :up:

What this show needs is a good action scene.

With 6 episodes down feel episode 1 and 3 so far felt the most self contained and had the most to offer. The rest kind of meld together. If this season had few more episodes left I'd still have hopes things'd hit a high pitch but kind of doubtful although do like the season so far. Season 2 always felt like things were going to go banannas but seemed to hold back most of the time. Perhaps season 3 will go all out when least expect it...

Season 4 might not be happening for a while.

Noah Hawley's had success with the format, too. How long can Fargo go?

LANDGRAF There may never be another Fargo. Unless Noah has an idea for Fargo that he thinks he can make as good as the prior three. I think once people get to the end of this [season] they will find that it is thematically different. It's really about the moment we live in now.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...-louie-future-netflix-shoveling-money-1006685

Yeah, between moving to film, Legion Season 2, and so on, Hawley's going to be a busy man. There was already a gap between Season 2 and 3 anyway, so it's no problem.

Though now I wonder what will come first: Season 4 or Season 2 of Atlanta.

season 2 of atlanta. Probably gonna come spring 2018

Well, that was a surprise. Winks and nods to other seasons and the film is one thing, but aside from the flash-forward in Season 2, didn't think we'd get past characters showing up. Very curious what, if at all, will become of Mr. Wrench showing up at the end of this episode. Will he become involved or was that just an Easter Egg for fans?

Well, that was a surprise. Winks and nods to other seasons and the film is one thing, but aside from the flash-forward in Season 2, didn't think we'd get past characters showing up. Very curious what, if at all, will become of Mr. Wrench showing up at the end of this episode. Will he become involved or was that just an Easter Egg for fans?

Took me a moment to even realize who he was, lol. :p I wasn't expecting him.

It took me a sad amount of time to place Mr. Wrench :funny:

So Gloria's boss is in cahoots with Varga, right? There's no way anyone wouldn't see the cameras going out at the exact time that Nikki was attacked as being suspicious. Not to mention the fact that there was an actual police officer there to witness the attack. I mean, if he isn't somehow in with Varga then he's the most cartoonishly pigheaded police officer ever.

So Gloria's boss is in cahoots with Varga, right? There's no way anyone wouldn't see the cameras going out at the exact time that Nikki was attacked as being suspicious. Not to mention the fact that there was an actual police officer there to witness the attack. I mean, if he isn't somehow in with Varga then he's the most cartoonishly pigheaded police officer ever.

I dunno. It's definitely possible. But from the opening scene of the season, this year has been all about perception vs truth and how the two intertwine. I feel the character may just be meant to represent someone so stubbornly blinded by their own beliefs that they cannot accept any facts or reality to the contrary (which is a pretty fitting character type to explore with the state of the country being what it is).

Also, fun fact, Mr. Wrench is now the only character who has appeared in every season to date. I wonder if that is kind of going to be a running thing, that Wrench some how pops up in each story, even if only for a cameo (like last season)?

I dunno. It's definitely possible. But from the opening scene of the season, this year has been all about perception vs truth and how the two intertwine. I feel the character may just be meant to represent someone so stubbornly blinded by their own beliefs that they cannot accept any facts or reality to the contrary (which is a pretty fitting character type to explore with the state of the country being what it is).

They're really pushing it then because even the most stubbornly blind people would be questioning their own story at this point.

They're really pushing it then because even the most stubbornly blind people would be questioning their own story at this point.

If this were The Americans or Ray Donovan or some show that operated based on some sort of realistic or internal logic, I would agree.

However, Fargo is a show that, by nature, is based in surreal absurdism. It isn't set in a world of logic. Just like the Coen Brothers movies that it is inspired by and shares a world with. Watch Burn After Reading, The Big Lebowski, or even Fargo (the movie) and you can compile lists upon lists of absurd and illogical behavior.

The show seems to follow a base logic though while going off in different directions (tangents with characters and their monologues) at times giving the show it's quirky feel to not totally put it into unreal territory.

With that being said, Gloria's boss should've been fired due to his flagrant interference with a police investigation even before this episode. There's no one overseeing him so that's caused a problem and Gloria doesn't really seem to be thinking lawyer or observing how to take care of him as too distracted with investigation. St. Cloud p.d. should've seen red flags though based on how he kept trying to shut her down this episode. Guy's a piece of work and hopefully gets killed by one of the criminals he's unintentionally trying to cover for.

If just for that entire, tension-filled sequence in the woods, this is probably my favorite episode of the season right now.

Great opening. The series's best use of Hawley's heightened style of violence which I had prior resented for not being as muted as The Coens' own.

Nice to see The Stranger is still around after all these years of narrating the lives of slackers and passing on ambiguous messages to film directors.

That was an incredible hour of television. I feel so sorry for Sy but I can't wait to see Varga's reaction to Emmit turning himself in, and what Nikki has in store for Varga as well. I'm sure she won't stop with punishing Emmit.

I've been reading episode recaps and it's amazing how few reviewers understood that scene with Ray Wise's character. Everyone was like, "Why is there a bowling alley in the middle of nowhere? Why did Gloria's stranger there, and why did he bring a cat?"

Holy ****! Move over Gus Fringe, Negan, and Varys! Nikki is officially the most bad ass character on television!

So this is a stretch that not even Reed Richard would make, but the fact that Winnie's hug somehow helped to get electronics to work for Gloria reminded me of Holy Wayne taking away Nora's pain in The Leftovers.

Hey, it was Carrie Coon both times. Hashtag it's all connected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"