Clone Wars Fate of TCW (in regards to Disney)

TheDreamMaster

The Night He Came Home...
Reaction score
So, in regards to the recent news which got us fans these wonderful sub-sections, what will happen to TCW now that the rights are with Disney?

I figure Cartoon Network has some sort of contract, and they were recently talking about at least one more season of the show for sure. I do hope that is still on the table. First off, I don't think Disney puts hardly anything above a TV-G on their networks, so a move to Disney networks would either involve editing or dumbing down the final season. What worries me more is the possibility of an outright cancellation. We have so amny storylines going on, including Maul, Ventress, and most importantly, the fate of Ashoka. I want them to wrap up, and not in a half-attempted comic tie in or something of the sort. I am ok if they let Maul live for future stories (but Savage needs to die. I like him, but he just isn't interesting on his own.), and we desperately need closure on Ventress. I'm sure I'm missing some things. I don't really need an episode 3 lead-in because that is what I have Tartakovsky's CW for, but the series does need an ending, a proper one.

They did say they were aiming for 100 eps and we're getting there. Maybe they have a plan where they tie it all up.

They did say they were aiming for 100 eps and we're getting there. Maybe they have a plan where they tie it all up.
That is true but that would mean they have to tie it up at episode 110, and I don't think they are expecting this to be the last season. However given
the trailer for this season showed Maul and Savage facing Sidious, we may well get that plot resolved.
I just hope they give us a good overall ending. I'm hoping they get a definative answer and if we get a final Season 6, then they can write episodes and archs to close out everything.

Also, Gianakin, I feel you and I are going to single-handedly keep this section open until VII really gets moving and the crowds pour in for discussion and whatnot. :awesome:

I really don't want this to finish/get cancelled. This is my weekly SW fix. :)

Whatever season Is being worked on at present will be last.Look at history

The Spectucal spider-Man dropped so Ultimate Spider-Man can be made

AvengersEarth's mightest heroes axed so a movie rip off Avengers Assembled can be launch.

The CLone wars will be axed so another star wars animated show can premiere on Disney.

Who knows it might move to Disney XD and Disney will allow things to happen and will not change anything.

The reason Ultimate spider-man turned out the way it is, is because of the decision of one man and that is Jeph Loab.

Disney is changing there game and policies so if the show moves to XD nothing will change, it might even get better cause the CW's head writer is already working for Marvel So I believe it's all good.

Whatever season Is being worked on at present will be last.Look at history

The Spectucal spider-Man dropped so Ultimate Spider-Man can be made

AvengersEarth's mightest heroes axed so a movie rip off Avengers Assembled can be launch.

The CLone wars will be axed so another star wars animated show can premiere on Disney.

Spectacular Spider-Man dropped because it was a Sony produced show, nothing to do with Ultimate Spider-Man.

Disney also made Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes where several characters are killed and has very smart well thoughtout stories. I've never been a big fan of the Clone Wars however it's gotten much better in the past two seasons. Personally I hope they make something like the OG clone wars saga and something that doesn't involved the OT characters one bit.

I believe Filoni has stated they already in production of season six. Whether it is just writing or actual animation, I am not sure.

I hope and believe season 6 will air on DX. I just pray Disney doesn't make the show more kiddy friendly. Like that new Spiderman show.

Hm, that's true about Sony and Lucas animation. TCW may have a chance yet. And I'm sure Filoni would know *something* about the acquiring before making those comments about season 6.

When TCW does eventually wrap up, I hope it's because the team is moving on to do another SW animated series. A new set of characters, new era, whatever. I wouldn't be the least bit sad to see Clone Wars go off air if it was to be replaced by another SW show of the same caliber.

I really hope they dont cancel CW and let it run its course. I really enjoy the show and look forward to what Filoni has in store for us in the future.

It will probably end after Season 5.

I really hope they dont cancel CW and let it run its course. I really enjoy the show and look forward to what Filoni has in store for us in the future.

Indeed, Dave Filoni has brought alot of exciting things for Star Wars fans to this series.

It will probably end after Season 5.

I'd be okay with a Five season run, you can only get so much out of a three year war. However I wouldn't mind it continuing.

I think cutting it at 5 seasons might be a bit abrupt. I'd rather they at least let CW have a 6th season, so they can have more time to set up the ending.

I think cutting it at 5 seasons might be a bit abrupt. I'd rather they at least let CW have a 6th season, so they can have more time to set up the ending.
Nothing wrong with that.

Isn't season 6 already in pre-production, according to Filoni?

As long as nothing happens between CN & Disney, I think Season 6 will be made & that it will be the last season. It seems like the show is getting near the end of the war anyway.

I think TCW will be fine under Disney. Hopefully no major changes.

The only problem I have is, do people actually watch Disney XD?

One thing I've been wondering, is how DVD distribution will go. currently, I believe all the current CW box sets have the CN logo, so I'm hoping they come out just as regularly as they do under Disney. All things considering, I'm aware Disney isn't quite so good at handling their TV show to DVD market, especially their older shows (I believe Gargoyles was one of these.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"