Clone Wars Cancelled

BenKenobi

Civilian
Reaction score
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/star-wars-clone-wars-gets-ax-lucasfilm-pursues-214242207.html

It's official, whatever "some additional content" means I can't say for sure :/ However on a brighter note I'm relieved Detours is dead too! My big fear is the trend Disney seems to be following- canceling well written cartoons that can be enjoyed by the family for substance-less young elementary humor. (i.e.. Spectacular Spider-Man in favor of Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes, now the Clone Wars.) Really I wouldn't be totally surprised if we never find out the ending to series and the team had an early warning the end was near (giving us the Ashoka episode and leaving a cliff hanger for Maul, much Like Avengers gave us the Galactus Episode and never followed up on the Surtur arc.) Hopefully this is not the case but this raises my concerns the new series could be an enormous piece of crap!

Why happy about Detours being delayed?

It just looked really stupid. Theres a certain charm about tv shows that satire a well known story (like how it seems like every cartoon has a groundhogs day parody, a raider parody, and a Star Wars A New hope parody). Or even more satirical shows that dedicate an episode to parodying a film (Robot Chicken Star Wars, Family Guy Star Wars, for example), but it's a bit much to make an entire TV series centered around satire of a fictional film. It just loses it's charm and doesn't seem very creative. Not to mention it was just some crude CGI crap that just didn't look visually appealing at all.

What's that mean for Ahsoka?? =( It sounded like they wanted to do more with her...I'd be surprised if Dinsey drops the character totally.

Thinking we should ask the mods to change the section name. I'd say Star Wars Television or Star Wars animation would be better suited now.

It's not "Cancelled", it's "concluding". Season 6 will be the final Season and apparently will wrap everything up.

Except there won't be a season 6. There's some episodes that haven't been released yet, but it's not a full season and it's not even determined whether or not those episodes will be released on TV, DVD, Online, whatever. Basically there's some stuff left over that will probably be available in some form or another at some point, it's all up the air. For all intents and purposes though, the show is cancelled.

Wait - seriously!? I hope they've at least wrapped up Ahsoka and Maul...

Nobody knows yet. In the Season 5 Discussion thread there's a lot of talk about it, along with various links to official and unofficial sources. One video with Dave Filoni shows a cool clip of a yet-to-be-released episode which is definitely worth watching. Everyone's hoping for closure on the multiple hanging plot threads that remain, but whether or not that will happen is anyone's guess.

All we know right now is that there are a few episodes still to come, but what they deal with and whether or not the episodes will give any answers remains to be seen.

As far as I'm concerned, Ahsoka's adequately wrapped. This conclusion even [BLACKOUT]gives her a chance to appear in Ep7, if they want her to[/BLACKOUT].

More like 70. And? Assuming, of course, she ages at the same rate as humans.

Someone in another thread mentioned a carbon freezing incident, that would be a neat way to carry the character over without aging her too much. I think it's unlikely we'll see her in the sequels, or at least not the first of the trilogy. If she were elderly I could see her in a Yoda-type role, advising a younger character about one thing or another, perhaps.

Well does anyone remember Vima Da Boda from the New Jedi Order book series? She could play that kind of role?

It's not "Cancelled", it's "concluding". Season 6 will be the final Season and apparently will wrap everything up.

It's not being picked up by any of the major networks but it's going to be "bonus content" thats about as close to cancelled as you can get.

bringing ashoka back for Episode VII is an awful idea. I like the character but she'd be completely out of place. It'd be like putting 10 year old Han and Lando running around Revenge of the Sith.

I'm hoping the rumors of them doing a series of movies with the extra episodes turns out to be true.

It's a shame though, Disney could have easily kept this show, as it seemed to be doing great.

I'm hoping the rumors of them doing a series of movies with the extra episodes turns out to be true.

It's a shame though, Disney could have easily kept this show, as it seemed to be doing great.

I was kind of worried about the shows life as a disney show, it's not exactly family friendly. I'd rather it end proud than die as a watered down kiddy show.

EDIT: While Disney can make quality films, most of it's tv programing is VERY kid friendly.

Well she'd be like 17 during Order 66 right? So 19 years later you get the Battle of Yavin, making her 36. Four years later the empire falls. So she's 40 in Jedi.

Yeah I guess 70 is closer to the money. But don't they want Luke to be the "wise one"?

Well, they don't have to make Ahsoka the wise one. Just a... different perspective.

she'd just feel really out of place imo. the new films shouldn't focus too much on the prequel characters (simply because they were 60 years ago.) and should just use the bare basics of the original trilogy to build a new cast.

If Anything I see them making a new series.

Perhaps set after ROTJ. She would be late 30's-early 40's
She then could interact with "original" characters

They could even follow her adventures leading up to that time.

But one would figure Disney would be looking at cashing in.

She is a Popular character, they might like to help promote a new movie coming out as well.

If Anything I see them making a new series.

Perhaps set after ROTJ. She would be late 30's-early 40's
She then could interact with "original" characters

They could even follow her adventures leading up to that time.

But one would figure Disney would be looking at cashing in.

She is a Popular character, they might like to help promote a new movie coming out as well.

Putting her in the movie is just a bad idea, what connection does she have to anything besides being Darth Vaders old apprentice? His stories done. A TV series could work better, but I think a post Episode III rise of the Empire series with her on the run, say from a young Boba Fett, Starkiller, and of coarse Lord Vader would be WAY more appropriate for the character than a post ROTJ one

In addition, a number of people close to the situation have told me that there are no clean resolutions to the story arcs of fan-favorite characters like [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]Ahsoka [/FONT][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]Tano[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and Asajj Ventress in the unaired Season 6 material. It's also been suggested to me that, while last week's statement on StarWars.com teased future "[COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]bonus [/FONT][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]content[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]," there's no guarantee that fans will ever see that content.

If that's true, it'll be terrible shame. I don't expect them to start making new stuff after cancelling the show, but to just lock the already finished away in a vault for eternity seems a little silly.

Hopefully (again, if it's true) we'll see the conclusion or continuation of the unresolved character stories in some other media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"