Favorite British Sitcoms?

With Red Dwarf once they brought back Kacansiki (spelling) it went down hill

Kryton was the funniest when he couldn't lie and Listers teaching him.And ace rimmer: "Smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast."

COMPO said:
Kryton was the funniest when he couldn't lie and Listers teaching him.And ace rimmer: "Smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast."

I love the scene where lister wants Kryton to lie about what the orange is so he's going 'its a oooor...its a oooooor'
Then he tries to insucall Rimmer a smeg head and goes:
Kryton: 'You're a smeeeee...'
Rimmer: 'I'm a smeee...?'
Kryton: 'Yes sir, a complete and utter one'

So does nobody else like teachers or league of gentlemen?

Nightwolf said:

Ive never actually seen either, but I highly reccomend a book called 'the Vesuvius Club', which was penned by a memeber of the League of Gentlemen, Mark Gatiss.

Yeah the Red Dwarf epsiode I saw last night was "Stasis Leak" where the guys found a portal to the Red Dwarf back when they were originally on it. It just ends up with like 3 different versions of everybody fighting. It was awesome.

The week before it was the episode where they woke up and the had missed four days, and they had to figure out what happened during those four days.

It just gets me that it's so creative with it's plots, and everything ends up fitting together at the end of the episode. Plus, it's rediculously funny.

red dwarf rules, especially quarantine!

rflibble.jpg

He's comin' ta get ya :D

Nightwolf said:

*orgasms* League of Gentlement.. that should TOTALLY have been on my list.

"'ello Dave?"

I've finished all of Black Books and it's great all the way through the end.

Based on recommendations in this thread I've also got the first season of Spaced now and I'm in the process of getting the first season of Green Wing. I can't wait to watch them.

hippy fascist said:
red dwarf rules, especially quarantine!

rflibble.jpg

He's comin' ta get ya :D

So you want to ride on a flying carpet to see the king of the potato people?

Watching Coupling right now, and it's diabolically awsome. (It's rare for a show to reach it's peak with it's third episode, but they did it here. "Inferno" wins the series.)

GyLocke said:
Watching Coupling right now, and it's diabolically awsome. (It's rare for a show to reach it's peak with it's third episode, but they did it here. "Inferno" wins the series.)

They used to call me scary jeff

I've really only watched one british sitcom...not just the greatest british sitcom of all-time. :mad: but the greatest sitcom period (yes, even with season 4 included)

COUPLING!!!!!

bollicks! there are better british sitcoms than that! ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES!

bollicks! there are better british sitcoms than that! ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES!

The Young Ones and Absolutely Fabulous, I was introduced to them both on Comedy Central. I haven't seen either in a few years,but I can watch the episodes over and over and laugh my arse off. :D

Coupling,Black books S1, father ted,Garth Merenghi's Dark Place,Spaced, BlackAdder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"