Favorite Movie Genre

Drama is the best genre, which you can find in every movie ;)

I'll watch just about anything really as long as it's good.As far as Genre...I'm always up for a good thriller/suspense flick,Dramas are a big one for me (since they really do make the best movies) Some mindless action flick i'm up for to kind of "break up" the "I've watched too many serious dramas lately" kind of thing.I always seek out the superhero action flicks right away.I really don't care for Westerns/War...I stay away from romantic comedies!! The comedy isn't that good and in real life the guy never gets the girl.
Although a film like Finding Neverland or Jerry Maguire I found quite moving.Comedies in general I'm not quick to see since I don't find them funny enough (slapstick I hate your guts) 40 y/o Virgin was hilarious. I'll take a good Sci-Fi/Fantasy flick as well,The problem is that LOTR Triology came in and set the standard to a new high,so I compare every fantasy D&D type movie to that.Horror movies were great when I was in 6th grade,now it's just a waste of time for me.. Independent films ALWAYS get my attention like a petite brunette with C cups.

I voted comedy. :up: Though I agree, I can't really pick a true favorite, espeially since many films manage to incorporate elements of several different genres.

Personally i always liked War movies.The conflict,and reasons for war are always interesting.A shame most War movies are not done well anymore.

I voted Scifi/Fantasy, but it's only half-true, because while I sure don't have anything against fantasy (heck, the LOTR movies are among my favorites) it just not one of my favorite genres, while Scifi is.

Flame on! said:
Correction, rubbish thread for multiple reasons.

A. No-one actually cares what your favorite genre is. Case in point: There has yet to be any sort of conversational undertakings so far.

This is true about 90% of all the threads around here. That is, there is no real discussion going on. Sad, but it's the way the hype has been for a long time.

B. No-one actually has a favorite genre. They just have favorite movies

You may not have a favorite genre, I do.

C. How anyone can catagorically decide that they 'don't like sci-fi/horror/etc' is incredibly stupid.

Bull****. There are defining attributes to all genres (or we wouldn't have to divide it up into genres to begin with). If you don't like any of these attributes, then you won't like anything coming out of the genre.

D. Genre is too broad a concept to pigeon hole into 4 or 5 catagories.

Absolutely. It should've been a pull where you can chose multiple answers, mixing and matching. For instance, if I'd get to chose I would've chosen Scifi/drama/thriller.

Wu Xia

Exploitation

Blaxploitation

Crime

Spagetthi Westerns

Westerns

War Movies

I'm open to watch almost any film but i prefer it has drama and a fantasy theme to it:up:

Its no suprise to see Action/Adventure and Science Fiction in the lead so far on the poll,but i did think the votes would be a bit more spread.

Horror, only the poll sucks 'cause I need to vote "Horror" 50 times.

Also, the poll sucks 'cause, Where is "Documentary", which is my number 2 ?

poll sucks #3:

"Foreign" is relative.
In Bangladesh, "The Santa Clause" is a "Foreign" film.

I'm torn between Action/Adventure and Science Fiction/Fantasy.

I like them all really,just depends on the movie..

action/sci-fi
action/adventure
westerns
war themed
horror
dramas
comedies

In this order is my favorites,but its not by much. Again it just depends on the movie itself not just the genre..

I put the science fiction/fantasy for movies like Cloverfield (my new #1 favorite movie), Independence Day, War of the Worlds, The Hulk, etc.......

drama - the departed (thats drama-ish right?)
comedy - theres something about mary

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"