• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite Political Quotes

Revolution, n. In politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment - Ambrose Bierce

Perfect freedom is as necessary to the health and vigor of commerce as it is to the health and vigor of citizenship. -Patrick Henry

Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.

Ronald Reagan

Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.

Ronald Reagan

Governments and the military purport to protect the public from enemies, and if there were no enemies they would have to invent some, for the simple purpose of rationalizing their existence - Laurance Labadie

My allegience is to the Republic, to democracy, not its leaders!- Obi-wan Kenobi

lol sorry but in 2005 that was my favorite line of all time.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin

We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know

Dick

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

Winston Churchill

Last edited:
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people." - Tony Benn

Democracy has proved only that the best way to gain power over people is to assure the people that they are ruling themselves. Once they believe that, they make wonderfully submissive slaves - Joseph Sobran

There can be no such thing as "limited government," because there is no way to control an entity that in principle enjoys a monopoly of power - Joseph Sobran

If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious change of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves. - Winston Churchill

Whoever you vote for, Government wins - Committee to Elect No One

I know what I am talking about when I am talking about the revolutions. The people who read the books go to the people who can't read the books, the poor people, and say, "We have to have a change." So, the poor people make the change, ah? And then, the people who read the books, they all sit around the big polished tables, and they talk and talk and talk and eat and eat and eat, eh? But what has happened to the poor people? They're dead! That's your revolution. Shhh... So, please, don't tell me about revolutions! And what happens afterwards? The same ****ing thing starts all over again! - Rod Steiger as Juan Miranda in A Fistful of Dynamite

We need to be patriotic about something besides war.
-John Edwards

No, he isnt saying that we shouldnt be patriotic about war but other issues deserve to be considered patriotic.

Security wise, I always say we could learn from Israel.
-Bill Maher

"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people." - Tony Benn

Nice sentiment, but thinking frugally, living people would potentially need helping more than once, but killing them is a one time cost. Not saying I don't agree with the quote, just some odd little thought that popped up.

Rudy Giuliani There's only three things he mentions in a sentence -- a noun, a verb, and 9/11.
Joe Biden

I'm am totally surprised that Biden knows what a noun, and a verb are......but hey, the one's he puts together in sentences make for great entertainment. The King of Gaffes never disappoints.

Throughout the 20th century, the Republican Party benefited from a non-interventionist foreign policy. Think of how Eisenhower came in to stop the Korean War. Think of how Nixon was elected to stop the mess in Vietnam.
Ron Paul

We have weapons of mass destruction we have to address here at home. Poverty is a weapon of mass destruction. Homelessness is a weapon of mass destruction. Unemployment is a weapon of mass destruction.
Dennis Kucinich

Our state is in crisis. Our people are hurting. Now is the time when we all must resist the traditional, selfish call to protect your own turf at the cost of our state. It is time to leave the corner, join the sacrifice, come to the center of the room and be part of the solution.
Chris Christie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"