Favorite Thanksgiving Dishes?

Dry brined turkey breast with a zesty gravy, crunchy veges, and garlicky mashed potatoes. Not a big fan of wheat, but a good stuffing tastes good. Skip the yucky sweet desserts unless it's chocolate and a nice port.

Or Mexican food.......always Mexican food.....

As far as favorite dishes are concerned, I like to take a bowl, put some Stove Top stuffing in it, then put mashed potatoes on top of that. Then put gravy on top of that. Beyond that, I really don't experiment that much. I'll have some vegetables, a little bit of turkey. Maybe one or two rolls. And that's usually it.

not a big thanksgiving person, but i love sweet potatoes. with marshmallows on top

and i'm also a sucker for a mashed potato with a killer gravy

As far as favorite dishes are concerned, I like to take a bowl, put some Stove Top stuffing in it, then put mashed potatoes on top of that. Then put gravy on top of that. Beyond that, I really don't experiment that much. I'll have some vegetables, a little bit of turkey. Maybe one or two rolls. And that's usually it.

Same here! Get a bowl, mix stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy together, and top it off with some white turkey meat. So good :ilv:

Canadian Thanksgiving was well over a month ago but I'm looking forward to basically repeating the experience again at Christmas :hehe:

I'm also a big fan of pumpkin pie and that classic American dish, green bean casserole!

418379-best-green-bean-casserole-mfs_108-1-748e6c55722a44039c10f06347f2b2a1.jpg

I looooove thanksgiving. This year I will be cooking the Turkey in a smoker for about 6 hours with an apple and chili pepper rub and burning maple and cherry wood. I also like to have a ham as a second meat to include when we have a big crowd. I’ll probably do that for Christmas this year.

As for sides. I love mashed potatoes and gravy. I also love mashed sweet potatoes. Straight up corn (no pudding) and some creamed corn. Green beans. And a cranberry salad. And I need stuffing smothered in gravy.

My all-time favorite trinity of Thanksgiving deliciousness however was the combo of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy and chicken and dumplins when they were cooked by my late grandmother. I have no idea how she did it, but they were absolutely amazing. Her mashed potatoes were amazing as well. She never had lumps in them and she would add a hint of cheddar to them, just enough that you would get a tad bit of the flavor.

So amazing!

The two things I eat most at Thanksgiving, are stuffing and yams. I've never been really big on turkey, though I'll eat it if its not dry. Ham is better though, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"