Comics Favorite X-Men Story

Charlie No-One

iamamiwhoami
Reaction score
What is your favorite X-Men arc/novel/story ever told?

uncannyxsmen137.jpg

I would have to say the Dark Phoenix Saga is mine. It is fantastically written and the reason Jean is my favorite character. So much characterization for each team member. Also, the love story between Scott and Jean is beautiful and the ending is heart breaking.

onslt-mu.jpg

While not necessarily the best X-Men story, this was the book that got me really into comics, and at that age, this was the most epic thing in the world, except it didn't have Spidey! Plus, I always liked the feral Wolverine.

279513092310061uncannyx.jpg

Inferno! The Original X-men FINALLY come face to face with the "dead" Australian X-men after years of being kept seperate. The truth about Jean/Maddie/Phoenix is finally revealed. Oh and theres NY merging with a hell dimension and chaos ensuing across the Marvel Universe

Dark Phoenix Saga for obvious reasons
Inferno because it showcased the Xmen vs Xfactor. My brother and I would fight over which team would win.
God Loves Man Kills
I actually consider Claremont's first run as one complete story. Everything was interlinked and fit within each other. I miss the days of single issue stories and story arcs that were introduced in Uncanny 200 and come to fruition in Uncanny 300.

I would have to say that mine is The Age of Apocalypse

AGEOFAPOCALYPSE05.jpg

oh and Phalanx Covenant. featuring the first appearance of Blink!!!
blink3.gif

Fall Of The Mutants and Inferno

i love fall of the mutants...its when I started collecting Xmen

I would have to say that mine is The Age of Apocalypse

oh and Phalanx Covenant. featuring the first appearance of Blink!!!
blink3.gif
Phalanx Covenant was broken up into 3 seperate books; Genereation Next, Life Signs and Final Sanction. Generation Next was by far the best of the 3 storylines which was kind of a shock considering it featured a bunch of new characters. I found the other 2 to be a bit on the boring side

Giantsize1.jpg

NUFF SAID!!!!

check this out. I go to my local Borders and look thru the graphic novel section and nothing new really catches my eye. I had bought the Messiah Complex in trade and didnt really like it. However I find Essential X-men number one and number five. Being a very big fan of the run I buy them both and rush home to read them. I read the Giant Size Xmen #1 and it doesnt jive with the Brubaker's story of a team in between the originals and the all new guys. In the book Krakoa tells the X-men that not only was Scott bait to lure more mutants to the island but he was influencing Xavier to find more mutants to send to him. Everything Xavier did in that time frame was under direct influence from Krakoa

30466-3092-33893-1-uncanny-x-men-the_super.jpg

One of the best Gambit issues ever. It cleverly establishes his mutually-antagonistic relationship with Wolverine by showing how Gambit always stacks the deck in his favor, and it shows a kinder side of him when he tricks Storm into remembering why her doubts about being an X-man were unfounded.

Plus, he totally kicked Wolverine's ass.

30466-3092-33893-1-uncanny-x-men-the_super.jpg

One of the best Gambit issues ever. It cleverly establishes his mutually-antagonistic relationship with Wolverine by showing how Gambit always stacks the deck in his favor, and it shows a kinder side of him when he tricks Storm into remembering why her doubts about being an X-man were unfounded.

Plus, he totally kicked Wolverine's ass.

this issue led me to believe that Gambit had something to do with Longshot. Since his introduction everyone was saying that he moved like Longshot and during the fight with Wolverine Gambit's eye glowed black in exactly the same way Longshot's glowed yellow which caused the danger room to go wonky.

I know the panel you mean. The eye thing didn't cause the Danger room to mess up; Gambit hacked into it to distract Logan. The Longshot thing was just to mystify people who at the time thought Gambit was Longshot in disguise.

I know the panel you mean. The eye thing didn't cause the Danger room to mess up; Gambit hacked into it to distract Logan. The Longshot thing was just to mystify people who at the time thought Gambit was Longshot in disguise.

I was one of them.

It did seem to be a pretty deliberate fake-out. Gambit starts out throwing blades, people comment on how much like Longshot he is, he seemed to have an ability to make people like him, and then the artist draws a quick flash of light similar to longshot's trademark eye.

Dark Phoenix
Fall of the Mutants
Onslaught ( love Scott Lodbell, probably more that Claremont)
Phoenix: Endsong
Messiah Complex

but most of my other favorite stories come from single shots like UXM #97 where Havok and Polaris are possessed by Eric the Red and attack the X-Men, #157 when Rogue has her Ms. Marvel powers and fight Wolverine and Storm, or X-Men #23(?) when Jean puts Sabertooth in his place.

Dark Phoenix
Fall of the Mutants
Onslaught ( love Scott Lodbell, probably more that Claremont)
Phoenix: Endsong
Messiah Complex

but most of my other favorite stories come from single shots like UXM #97 where Havok and Polaris are possessed by Eric the Red and attack the X-Men, #157 when Rogue has her Ms. Marvel powers and fight Wolverine and Storm, or X-Men #23(?) when Jean puts Sabertooth in his place.
I believe the Jean/Sabretooth thing happened either in #27 or #28. If I remember correctly #23 dealt with the Betsy/Revanche issue

I believe the Jean/Sabretooth thing happened either in #27 or #28. If I remember correctly #23 dealt with the Betsy/Revanche issue
oh thats right. like i wanted to say #32, but i knew that was right after their wedding and they were in the future with nathan.

27 was with Threnody and Sinister. 28 was Jean vs Sabretooth.

23 was Cyclops vs Dark Riders (that was my first X-Men comic bought simoultaneously with Unc. 300-301, and Unlimited 2 :))

Oh....

And My favorate X-Men story...

I think it's gotta be the Age of Apocalypse. Onslaught almost has it but I was always annoyed by how Spidey (Ben) and Peter Parker was going to join the final battle in his own book but never showed in Onslaught: Marvel Universe. That little bit annoyed me and is the only thing keeping it from being tied or beating the AoA.

Extinction Agenda, Days of Future Past and Dark Phoenix Saga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"