Sequels X-Men 4: Age of Apocalypse

AvengingLeague

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm wondering, since this is a popular comic book story arc that a lot of people have said should be made into the X-Men films, how would you adapt this story arc for a X-Men sequel that takes place after X-Men:The Last Stand(Xavier inside his twin brother's body, Jean and Scott dead, mutants of the X-Men and the Brotherhood's powers returning after the cure failed, Logan leaving for Japan apparently in The Wolverine)?

I think X-Men 4 should take place after DOFP. And I did this wish-list thing on my computer and I want the X-Men team to consist of Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Angel, Colossus, Bishop, Psylocke and Forge. In my wishlist, Bishop and Forge are returning characters from DOFP and Psylocke is the newest addition to the team and Angel is her love-interest.

Then for Apocalypse. I don't want them to bring his 4 horsemen yet (they should save that for X5). They should give him a treatment like Sebastian Shaw and X1 Magneto, like they will explain his motives and he will have a couple of minions. Then at the end of the movie, the X-Men will beat him but he will comeback for X5, stronger and with a more powerful army. I also want Angel to have a fake death in the movie. Like the X-Men will assume that he died in the battle but little do they know, Apocalypse captured Angel and in X5, Angel will be called as Archangel.

I think this arc would be the most EPIC way of closing this saga with the original cast.

with Marvel using Thanos on A2 and Warner Darksheid for JL, I have a strong feeling Fox will get more ambitious yet and will use Apocalypse as the ultimate villain of this saga.

Dont know when they will do it, but hopefully between 2017-2020

Before FOX reboot the movie series, they have to adapt Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse first!

I think an age of apocalypse movie would feel too much like a rehash of DoFP. It also wouldn't be wise to use Apocalypse for the first time in AoA. It would need to be explained how this character we've never seen before would have taken over North American in the absence of Xavier.

I would much rather the series end with an adaption of Fatal Attractions or X-cutioner's song.

I think they should go with Mr. Sinister(Disguised as the leader of the next set of villains) and The Sentinels for X-Men 4. He could the be man who's holding Scott captive.

My ideal team

-Cyclops
-Wolverine
-Beast
-Shadowcat
-Emma Frost
-Colossus
-Iceman
-Gambit

^I loke this idea much better and that vast would be very AXM it's to bad that Emma in the modern times would only make things convoluted.

I think there's a way for Emma Frost to be in the X-Men team and in the modern (present) times. For example, she accidentally traveled to the future with Wolverine and the other people in DOFP.

I think an age of apocalypse movie would feel too much like a rehash of DoFP. It also wouldn't be wise to use Apocalypse for the first time in AoA. It would need to be explained how this character we've never seen before would have taken over North American in the absence of Xavier.

I would much rather the series end with an adaption of Fatal Attractions or X-cutioner's song.

They wouldn't have to adapt the age of apocalypse story arc (I doubt they would anyway) they would just find a way to introduce the character and make him fit in the present day instead of an alternate future. X-Men Evolution managed to create an apocalypse story arc which began in season 2 and climaxed in season 4. In XME Mesmero was the one making preparations for Apocalypse's revival. In the movie they could giv ethat role to sinister which would allow for the introduction of the Marauders.

The concept could be:
X4
Sinister and his marauders are mutants hunting harvesting dna from them and using them to empower apocalypse. Elements from the mutant massacre story arc could factor here. Whether it is just morlocks or mutants in general. Then maybe Sinister hears about a group of very powerful mutants known as the X-men. Obviously with Jean and Scott dead the classic storyline from the comics couldn't work but they could adapt it to Wolverine and Storm. Especially wolverine for his healing ability which apocalypse could need to help him regenerate after using his power.
The X-Men fight to protect the Morlocks (or whichever group of mutants) but fail to stop Sinister from injecting the genes into apocalypse. Angel dies in the film and is reborn in the X5 as Archangel.

X5
The X-Men capture sinister and question him on what apocalypse is planning on doing. Apocalypse unleashes his four horsemen with Archangel leading the charge. The X-Men in a race against time scramble to find a way to stop Apocalypse and in an epic final battle they fight him and his horsemen.

X-Men cast
Storm (Halle Berry)
Wolverine (Hugh Jackman)
Rogue (Anna Paquin)
Magneto (Ian Mcklellen)
Professor X (Patrick Stewart)
Mystique (Rebecca Romijn)
Nightcrawler (Alan Cumming)
Shadowcat (Ellen Page)
Colossus (Daniel Cudmore)
Angel/Archangel (Ben Foster)
Iceman (Shawn Ashmore)
Beast (Kelsey Grammer)
Sinister (Jeremy Irons)
Apocalypse (Lawrence Fishburne voice)
Four Horsemen
Marauders

This would be the ultimate sending off all the original actors and would be the final chapter in the lives of the adult X-Men. The First Class sequels could explore more of the early lives of character such as Jean, Scott and Ororo.

If they are gonna do X-Men 4 to X-Men 5 and 6. I want half of the cast to be new. So for me, Patrick Stewart, Alan Cumming, Ian McKellen, Kelsey Grammer, Rebecca Romijn and Ellen Page should go. Start the new trilogy with Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus and Angel, new villains and new X-Men members. And I don't want it to be a send off so FOX could continue doing prequels or spin-offs. I want them to just continue original film series.

I think there first should be a Sinister movie, including Gambit. This should build up Apocalypse. You can't have him just show up all of a sudden...needs to happen subtle. Have Angel be a part of it and get developed, maybe captured and his wings metalized at the end. It'll be a cliffhanger...

Age Of Apocalypse should be another huge event that is properly built to. Its way bigger then Dofp. This thing spans through just about every X Men book there is. If people dont consider Dofp a sequel then AOA should be no exception, its a beast of a story and one that can easily take up at least 3 films and other spinoffs. Its def not just an X4 or 5 one shot sequel. If it is, its gonna be a huge disappointment.

This is were characters like Angel, Psylocke and Cable can really play a solid role.

Last edited:
I think Mr. Sinister should be the main henchman of Apocalypse. It worked for the videogame X-Men Legends II and it could work in the movie if its done well. And Psylocke needs to be introduce! I just hope they don't it in an alternate universe

Last edited:
In Xmen 4, have Sinisteras the main villain. He and whoever his henchmen are will be fighting and defeating the Xmen. In each battle, he could defeat one member each time until he's taken the 4 he's wanted.

These 4 would return as the four horsemen along with Apocalypse in X5.

Lord knows I'm not a huge fan of the X-Men film franchise. But First Class was the best one yet and DoFP is shaping up to be potentially quite entertaining. I'll probably wait until Wolverine leaves theaters to see it, but if its good I'll throw down some cash for tickets to DoFP. And if thats good, AoA is probably the next logical step.

So good luck to Fox. We've had our disagreements in the past, but thats no reason for me not to want you to succeed.

Before FOX reboot the movie series, they have to adapt Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse first!

YES!

Unless they're saving these two epic badasses specifically FOR the eventual reboot. Ugh. Damnit, I want an epic Apocalypse NOW!

And I used to think Sinister was the key to reintroducing Scott and Jean into the movies after what X3 did, but this new movie looks like it's going to do that instead.

I hope the producers are thinking the same thing that we are thinking about Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse.

And they can't use Magneto as the major antagonist forever! They have to let him go after DOFP.

In Xmen 4, have Sinisteras the main villain. He and whoever his henchmen are will be fighting and defeating the Xmen. In each battle, he could defeat one member each time until he's taken the 4 he's wanted.

These 4 would return as the four horsemen along with Apocalypse in X5.

to you and the newcomers, if you want another epic movie with those iconic villains, join this:

424149_327366630700673_1707389511_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/X4Campaign

https://www.facebook.com/pages/X-Men-4-Official-Fan-Campaign/327366487367354

:woot:

glad you like it! its like the X2 one, as a nod. Later in the year we'll have a new design, logo and all I guess. But I like the simplicity of this one right now

I guess you joined us weeks ago, right?

And to all the users, spread the word, guys! the more followers the better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"