Age of Ultron Favourite Action Sequence (Spoilers)

the action sequences were the strength of the film, so it is hard to choose one in particular, the one that made me hold on to my seat was the one Cap/BW/Hawkeye vs Ultron in SK, but the final battle had the emotions!
the Hydra quarters assault was Avengers being so much fun!

That big circle shot when they were all protecting the key in the city, all fighting as one... straight up comic book. Plus the relative intensity of some of the moments (Iron man wanting to blow the thing, Cap and Widow ready to die for it, Barton going back for the kid and laying next to Quicksilver's body, when Wanda finally "walks out that door")... yeah, even though it was overlong and often just too much, I'll go with the finale.

The greatest comic panels come to life scene in any CBM to date IMO.

There were A LOT of moments that came right out of a page.

I liked the finale the most, it was the point that I got excited.

The Hydra castle scene was so long.

Honestly the opening fight scene was by far the best. It felt incredibly fluid and stylish compared to the finale. That was a little bit choppy and messy imo. I would have preferred an intricately choreographed fight of Ultron and a smaller amount of bots vs. the Avengers than just smashing drones.

For some reason the Cap/Natasha/Hawkeye Chase Ultron to recover The Vision stand out the most to me.

I did like the finale battle, but there was something about the Hulk vs. Hulkbuster that did it for me. :yay:

The final battle was my favourite, absolute craziness. 2nd goes to the opening Hydra sequence. That was much better than I expected.

The greatest comic panels come to life scene in any CBM to date IMO.
Agreed. It's impossible to take all of that in on first viewing. Gonna have to pause and frame advance that whole scene on blu-ray! (every day :woot:)

Captain America soloing Ultron was awesome. He has absolutely no right to even survive that fight but he keeps finding a way. CA:TWS cemented him as my favourite when he escaped the elevator and took down the heliplane. But fearlessly taking on Ultron as he did was amazing.

1) South Korea fight.

2) Finale battle.

3) Castle invasion.

4) Hulk vs Hulkbuster

Voted 'Cap/Natasha/Hawkeye Chase Ultron to recover The Vision'.

Loved Widow on the bike.

I know the peak of the final battle was supposed to be when they were all protecting that button from Ultron (EPIC EPIC EPIC BY THE WAY), but the scene that stood out in the final battle for me was...

Scarlet Witch finally stepping out that door. :woo: :woo: :woo:

And oh, I think the after party battle scene (Ultron's entrance) and the South African ship battle were neat, too. Consider them as options, too. :)

Every action scene was great in my opinion, especially the Hulk vs Hulkbuster one.

For some reason the Cap/Natasha/Hawkeye Chase Ultron to recover The Vision stand out the most to me.

I went in with The Hulk vs Hulkbuster as a bucket list CBM scene and I did enjoy it, but the chase was my favourite as well, I felt it had a good variety to it and mixed real stunts and effects well with a couple of nods to two classic 80's chase sequences.

Agreed. It's impossible to take all of that in on first viewing. Gonna have to pause and frame advance that whole scene on blu-ray! (every day :woot:)

It was a cornucopia of comic book greatness, so many wow moments that just kept flowing one after the other!

The battle of Sokovia 9.5
Avengers vs Hydra 9
Hulk vs Hulkbuster 9
Ultron attacking Avengers tower 8.5
Seoul chase 8.5

Hmm what exactly does it for you guys in the final battle? I have heard MANY reports that it is almost an exact (note, I said "almost") repeat of the final battle of the first Avengers with all of the weak nooks that take tons of damage while dealing very little of it, and that is why these reports are counted as complaints (because most of them act negatively towards the climax of the first film).

And I also wonder why the fight in Avengers Tower is not an option in the poll: is that scene not exactly a true fight?

Last edited:
Hmm what exactly does it for you guys in the final battle? I have heard MANY reports that it is almost an exact (note, I said "almost") repeat of the final battle of the first Avengers with all of the weak nooks that take tons of damage while dealing very little of it, and that is why these reports are counted as complaints (because most of them act negatively towards the climax of the first film).

And I also wonder why the fight in Avengers Tower is not an option in the poll: is that scene not exactly a true fight?

It's the same as in it's Avengers fighting 'drones' that's about it, it doesn't look the same in anyway.

I enjoyed all the fights, except the Thor bits in the beginning which seemed off. Loved Hulk just running through a bunker :D
Favourite was probably the Hulk/Buster fight but as I said, enjoyed them all!

I enjoyed all the fights, except the Thor bits in the beginning which seemed off. Loved Hulk just running through a bunker :D
Favourite was probably the Hulk/Buster fight but as I said, enjoyed them all!

You're the second person I've seen say something about that. What do you mean by Thor's parts seeming off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"