Age of Ultron New Avengers after Age of Ultron?

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Be careful.. some spoilers ahead.

With Phase Two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe coming to a near close with Avengers: Age of Ultron, an inevitable change is upon us. As previously teased by head of Marvel Studios, Kevin Feige, a change in the Avengers roster is imminent. Through an exclusive source at the House of Mouse, Superhero News brings you the “new” Avengers roster, which will debut at the finale of Age of Ultron.
Your new Avengers include The Falcon, Scarlet Witch, The Vision, and War Machine, led by Captain America and Black Widow. Whether or not all of these characters will appear in the forthcoming Captain America: Civil War is unsure at this time.

Source: Superheronews.
url

I know it's a rumor, but with everything regarding Civil War, Feige statements, Whedon hints, I think it make us think of some of this being partially true.

I like the new line- up, I think it's refreshing after two movies, it will break the monothony and it will add some diversity to how the original Avengers were, and about how some issues between the two leaders leagind to Civil War, making this one a temporal line-up, just before they all come back (the surviving ones of course) for the third part being a better and improved team when all is settled down between some members.

What do you think?

Last edited:
I believe that belongs in spoiler tags.

And yes of course there will be a new Avengers team, it is incredibly obvious to be honest.

edit- oh, if you're talking about that team then yeah that is also likely, though I don't think Vision or the Twins will be in CW

It has been reported last year at end of age of ultron
cap leads new team of Black Widow,War Machine/Iron Patriot,falcon,Quicksilver,scarlet witch,and vision

recent reports raises question
If quicksilver makes it onto new team after ultron is defeated and depture of stark,thor,and hulk

I am also curious
In Age of ultron does rhodes continue in armor like in Iron man 3 as iron patriot or has he returned to war machine like In Iron Man 2

As for hawkeye
he isn't part of new avengers according to report but he's confirmed for Civil war unlike rhodes,vision,or the twins

I believe that belongs in spoiler tags.

And yes of course there will be a new Avengers team, it is incredibly obvious to be honest.

edit- oh, if you're talking about that team then yeah that is also likely, though I don't think Vision or the Twins will be in CW

Well one of the Twins might not be in Civil War.:cwink:

Any way if the rumor is true, it makes sense. A new Avengers roster like that allows the team to appear in Civil War without having to use Thor or Hulk, who are likely off the board.

Last edited:
After Age of Ultron I imagine the Defenders will be the New Avengers, in a sense that they will be the new Hero Team of the MCU. Unitl Civil War which I imagine will have

Iron Man
Spider-Man
War Machine
Vision
Maria Hill

As a new Avengers formed by Stark to hunt down all the superhumans against the registration act.

I just hope this New Avengers team will be much more Better than the Original Team after Age of Ultron since we already got Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver(Who is not going to survive after this Movie) and The Vision added and we hope to see Rhodey join in with Cap after Age of Ultron.

Then Iron-Man will form NWO.. Sweet!

I'm more excited about Civil War than AoU.

After Age of Ultron I imagine the Defenders will be the New Avengers, in a sense that they will be the new Hero Team of the MCU. Unitl Civil War which I imagine will have

Iron Man
Spider-Man
War Machine
Vision
Maria Hill

As a new Avengers formed by Stark to hunt down all the superhumans against the registration act.

I don't think they will be the Avengers. And Spider-Man will be introduced by a cameo in this, so I don't think he will be a part of it yet.

The Avengers may be the team that Cap has in Civil War.

Cap
War Machine (IDK how he would be against Tony but may be a really good and interesting reason behind it)
Scarlet Witch
Black Widow
Vision
Falcon

--intermediate-- Black Panther I don't know if he's gonna be on Cap's side or Iron Man's

I voted yay. A new team made up of some genuinely cool characters would be awesome.

I hope not... I would rather just focus on these characters for a very long time.

This New Avengers team is pretty much weak sauce.

War Machine(Poor Man's Tony Stark)
Black Widow(Will she be shooting guns at Thanos?)
Falcon(Got his ass kicked by Rumlow)

Vision and Scarlet Witch are replacing Thor and The Hulk. They're the big guns of the team. War Machine( Discount Iron Man) hasn't really impressed me as of yet.

Black Widow shoots guns. Hawkeye almost brought down a helicarrier. Why isn't he on this team instead?

I agree that team seems a bit light.

Ive always been big a Vision and Scarlet Witch fan (I never thought Id see these 2 characters adapted to film).

Falcon is a cool character but isnt much help against super powered beings.

War Machine has never really done much for me. I think the people who've read these comics for the past couple decades have a better appreciation for the character (although I was reading Iron Man in the early 80s when Rhodes first put on the suit).

They need another member in there. With the 2 scientists Stark and Banner leaving, it seems like the perfect time to bring in Hank Pym - but unfortunately hes not the modern day Ant-Man. However, Pym often spent alot of time as the team scientist, not always getting suiting up and getting mixed up in the action. Add Pym and Lang in there.

Last edited:
This New Avengers team is pretty much weak sauce.

Ah it's character bashing time. How fun.

Power levels as a discussion are usually rather dumb because these aren't real people. A writer can just as easily write a plot where someone like Black Widow and Falcon are useful while the likes of the Hulk and Captain Marvel are getting their asses kicked.

In fact that happens rather frequently in the comics and has its own trope name, The Worf Effect. The "big guns" are usually the first ones to get taken out. Slugfests but it takes more than that to lead to victory.

Last edited:
An overall weaker team actually makes sense with the IW movies approaching. How better to demonstrate the power of Thanos than to show him absolutely destroying the Avengers when he first arrives on Earth? Raise the stakes, and then bring in the other characters who will be genuinely motivated to work together.

Even the most talented writer is really going to struggle showing the less powerful characters doing anything other than die when facing Thanos - he has to be a sufficient threat to warrant bringing together a large team of superheroes.

Even the most talented writer is really going to struggle showing the less powerful characters doing anything other than die when facing Thanos

That's why a smart writer has the movie contain elements other than "Thanos punches people. People punch Thanos back." It's a two part movie that is gonna total at least 4 hours.

There's gonna be more to the plot than Thanos going one on one with the team and there will likely be people other than Thanos for the Avengers to deal with.

After Age of Ultron made such a big deal of the team going global and having to deal with both Ultron and the Maximoffs do people think Infinity War is just gonna be the big altar fight from Infinity Gauntlet spread out over 4 hours?

And as I said in another thread while I expect the Avengers to be defeated at the end of Part 1, thus forcing the team to expand for Part 2, I don't think it's going to have them utterly slaughtered and decimated. All that does is paint the heroes who aren't the "Big 4" as a bunch of losers and enforce the idea that there will never be a real team of Avengers without them, which is contrary to the idea of Marvel trying to build up and expand its universe with so many new properties in Phase 3 to begin with.

That's why a smart writer has the movie contain elements other than "Thanos punches people. People punch Thanos back." It's a two part movie that is gonna total at least 4 hours.

There's gonna be more to the plot than Thanos going one on one with the team and there will likely be people other than Thanos for the Avengers to deal with.

After Age of Ultron made such a big deal of the team going global and having to deal with both Ultron and the Maximoffs do people think Infinity War is just gonna be the big altar fight from Infinity Gauntlet spread out over 4 hours?

And as I said in another thread while I expect the Avengers to be defeated at the end of Part 1, thus forcing the team to expand for Part 2, I don't think it's going to have them utterly slaughtered and decimated. All that does is paint the heroes who aren't the "Big 4" as a bunch of losers and enforce the idea that there will never be a real team of Avengers without them, which is contrary to the idea of Marvel trying to build up and expand its universe with so many new properties in Phase 3 to begin with.

But one of the big four (Cap) will be part of the new team that originally faces and gets damaged by Thanos. Stark will also be on Earth and may help in IW1 without actually joining the team and also get defeated, and Thor may already have faced/been beaten by Thanos in Ragnarok. Plus this would actually show the new characters like Captain Marvel, Dr Strange, Black Panther etc. being the heroes. The key issue will be everyone coming together as a team.

The range of new powers on the team makes for interesting stories for IW set in space (GOTG and maybe Captain Marvel), alternative dimensions (Dr Strange), the micro scale (Ant Man) etc. If any of these possibilities get dumped to make way for a spy/SHIELD story arc then Marvel really will be neglecting its new characters.

I doubt any of those possibilities will be dumped and in fact I don't think this new team will be exactly the one featured in Infinity War Part 1 anyway. I fully expect people like Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Doctor Strange to sign on but there are better ways to go about it than introducing a new team at the end of AOU just to make them into a bunch of red shirts.

So if this new team of Avengers get split over the choices made in Civil War then (say something like Rhodey sides with Stark and leaves the team or Steve dies) Infinity War would require recruiting new members anyway. But even then that doesn't require killing off the others or making them look stupid just to prop up the new guys. Mostly I figure this is just a way of establishing that the world needs the Avengers while still having AOU have some sort of consequence.

But my point was that dismissing the team out of hand by saying "Wait a minute most of these guys would get creamed by Thanos!" misses the point because A) There are threats other than Thanos as the various MCU movies have shown us and B) Infinity War probably won't be an entire two part movie of JUST Thanos anyway.

I hope not... I would rather just focus on these characters for a very long time.

They've already had lots of focus. They ain't going away. Thor and Cap are getting third movies. Iron Man's had three. It would just be nice to get some new blood in there.

They've already had lots of focus. They ain't going away. Thor and Cap are getting third movies. Iron Man's had three. It would just be nice to get some new blood in there.

The franchise is already growing at a very fast pace. They need to be careful before they burn peoples interest as is. Right now they are using characters that people are familiar with and care about. I would rather watch movies with the main characters with an occasional mix up. Not two movies with the team together and then just replace everyone.

Ah it's character bashing time. How fun.

Power levels as a discussion are usually rather dumb because these aren't real people. A writer can just as easily write a plot where someone like Black Widow and Falcon are useful while the likes of the Hulk and Captain Marvel are getting their asses kicked.

In fact that happens rather frequently in the comics and has its own trope name, The Worf Effect. The "big guns" are usually the first ones to get taken out. Slugfests but it takes more than that to lead to victory.

I actually liked Sam Wilson as a character, but they could definitely go for more powerful characters, especially considering the threat that Ultron presented. As the villains get tougher and tougher, the usefulness characters such as Black Widow and Falcon would most likely diminish. I do agree that the writers can come up with creative ways to keep characters useful, but I think Black Widow is more useful as a side character and shouldn't be in the fight as an Avenger. Have her gather Intel or hare her go on a solo mission for Shield to find a way to defeat the enemy.

Maybe I'm just pissed that Quicksilver might get killed off in AOU, while BW sticks around. It's a terrible idea to introduce a character and kill them off in the same movie. Phill Coulson didn't even get that treatment. On top of that, why isn't Hawkeye on this team?

I think it's kind of silly to continue to conflate that with Black Widow. It's like fandom blames every decision they don't agree with or character who doesn't appear on Black Widow. She's a fictional character and has nothing to do with Quicksilver supposedly dying. And we don't know Hawkeye isn't on the team. He's confirmed for Civil War after all.

As for needing tougher people, both Vision and Scarlet Witch are very powerful and it's not like War Machine is significantly weaker than Iron Man. All three of them contribute power to the team just not in the Hulk or Thor's "Grunt and smash" way.

Last edited:
Remember that this "team" may be seen on CW. So the threat wouldn't be as high as Ultron was or Thanos may be. I bet these are the remaining character after the events of AoU (and some of the heroes own problems) and it will be for the "confrontation" with Stark's team or group on CW and the villain on it.

After that and the casualties on the team (probably Steve) there will also be more adds like Ms (Capt.) Marvel, Black Panther, Spider-Man, etc..

So don't think this team will be the Avengers for IW. No one has implied that. It's the consequence (not official) of AoU and what may come in CW, not to mention the next step for a whole new team with Phase 3 new movie characters coming.

So don't think this team will be the Avengers for IW. No one has implied that. It's the consequence (not official) of AoU and what may come in CW, not to mention the next step for a whole new team with Phase 3 new movie characters coming.

I do remember Feige stating the team we see at the end of AoU will go their seperate ways and reform for the next Avengers movie. I think that a team minus Hulk, Thor etc. makes sense for CW and the beginning of IW1.

I think it's kind of silly to continue to conflate that with Black Widow. It's like fandom blames every decision they don't agree with or character who doesn't appear on Black Widow. She's a fictional character and has nothing to do with Quicksilver supposedly dying. And we don't know Hawkeye isn't on the team. He's confirmed for Civil War after all.

As for needing tougher people, both Vision and Scarlet Witch are very powerful and it's not like War Machine is significantly weaker than Iron Man. All three of them contribute power to the team just not in the Hulk or Thor's "Grunt and smash" way.

But Marvel are making decisions about which characters stay in the MCU, who dies, who plays a prominent role in a specific movie etc - they are responsible for making Widow a 'lynchpin' character (Feige's words). Everyone should have a good role but Thanos isn't going to be defeated by a karate kick. :o

The powers in the MCU are about to become very diverse and extremely impressive. SW has a beautiful and powerful ability that will be destructive and visually stunning. Ant-Man (and hopefull Wasp), Dr Strange and Black Panther are all different from the typical fighting we currently see on the team which is great. They are diverse and tough and will be needed when Thanos arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"