World Favourite Animated Superman design

Found this on Google, This would be an awesome design for a CGI Superman cartoon.
2392862-jla_cg_concepts___superman_by_danielaraya_d2znybj.jpg

ybj4wrf.jpg

Is it WBs fault or CNs fault? Or a combination of both? I can't really figure it out.

The problem is that the toy companies are having more and more influence on how things should go and EVERYTHING is directed at selling toys. So if a show dares to show any content that may deter or confuse young kids and get in the way of them buying toys then it will get canceled.
That's what happened to the GL show, it wasn't the ratings it was the lack of toy sales that did the show in! So sad!

The problem is that the toy companies are having more and more influence on how things should go and EVERYTHING is directed at selling toys. So if a show dares to show any content that may deter or confuse young kids and get in the way of them buying toys then it will get canceled.
That's what happened to the GL show, it wasn't the ratings it was the lack of toy sales that did the show in! So sad!

It took me a while to get into the animation style of the GL show, but it was really, really good. The fact they canceled that show when it was good makes me wonder about the decisions being made. I haven't been a kid for a while, but I remember the only toys I ever wanted bought for me were Robotech toys because Robotech was friggin awesome!!!! I was so in love with that show and I wanted those toys. I guess something has changed in the past twenty years or so when it comes to kids wanting toys.

It was a joke what they did. Ruined it completely.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Another reason I have a distaste for Epilogue is at the time that was supposed to be the end of JL. No one knew at the time JLU was coming, so I was highly upset Timm choose to end a team show with a Batman episode. That....was...not....good. He did rectify that in JLU when all was said and done. "Destroyer" was the bomb!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Another reason I have a distaste for Epilogue is at the time that was supposed to be the end of JL. No one knew at the time JLU was coming, so I was highly upset Timm choose to end a team show with a Batman episode. That....was...not....good. He did rectify that in JLU when all was said and done. "Destroyer" was the bomb!

It was the end of the 2nd season of JLU. I don't get peoples beef with it, I always thought it was great episode. Mainly because it has one of the best Batman moments in any medium, when he comforts Ace before she dies

It was the end of the 2nd season of JLU. I don't get peoples beef with it, I always thought it was great episode. Mainly because it has one of the best Batman moments in any medium, when he comforts Ace before she dies

No one immortalized Batman like Bruce Timm and Frank Miller have

The JL:War design was sweet. I really liked the darker blue suit, the absence of the man-panties, the massive arms and the thick neck.

I think the War design is the worst the character has ever looked.

I think the War design is the worst the character has ever looked.

For me, that would be the JLU look. The angular torsos and disproportionate legs were awful, and Supes suffered a worse fate visually than the other characters.

DESPOP/Des Taylor's Retro superman:

superman_classic_by_despop-d5z3qwk.jpg

daily_star__the_original_news_paper_by_despop-d66hlfl.jpg

superman_screensaver_by_despop-d5z3qwz.jpg

happy_birthday_superman_by_despop-d6266np.jpg

classic_superman_by_despop-d5z3rb7.jpg

retro_superman_and_air_force_one_by_despop-d5z3qwe.jpg

Last edited:
DESPOP/Des Taylor's MOS Superman:
superman_man_of_steel_style_by_despop-d62s7dj.jpg

f2988c74a9eadce8419bc279e972a6fa-d68wmuj.jpg

Last edited:
I love seeing the Des Taylor art work. They're awesome.

Yeah, I highly recommend checking out all of his work -- not just the Superman-related stuff.

If he ever branches out into animation, I'd be all over that.

Last edited:
That artwork is great, though the eyes/eyebrows on all the characters make them look sinister.

Despop's work is great for sure. It'd be awesome to see that in animated format.

Personally, I wish they went ahead with a new MOS cartoon where he looked like the 75th Anniversary short. I prefer a more realistic animated style like that or Justice League WAR over the stylized one like Public Enemies or Superman vs. the Elite.
T4wZ3le.jpg

Despop's work is great for sure. It'd be awesome to see that in animated format.

Personally, I wish they went ahead with a new MOS cartoon where he looked like the 75th Anniversary short. I prefer a more realistic animated style like that or Justice League WAR over the stylized one like Public Enemies or Superman vs. the Elite.
T4wZ3le.jpg

MOS supes translates well into animation.

T4wZ3le.jpg

This is cool.

That artwork is great, though the eyes/eyebrows on all the characters make them look sinister.
Thank you. I was having trouble pinning down the exact words for what was bothering me about the art style. It's the same issue I have with Jae Lee's art style.

As far as fan art goes, I'm partial to this image:
tumblr_n3a7j9iq2o1rei3gfo1_1280.jpg

DESPOP/Des Taylor's Reeve Superman:
superman_christopher_reeves_animated_by_des_taylor_by_despop-d66x77u.jpg

b664ff5e11fd8c57d4ef977a03968b62-d64cw58.jpg

94002c2f67cfa0ca110ac7f46e949c7c-d66sl5c.jpg

animated_christopher_reeve_superman_by_des_taylor_by_despop-d64f0tb.jpg

T4wZ3le.jpg

outstanding!!! the best supermen!! wow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"