February 2012 Fan Art Contest

I decided after looking at some of the post to try and do a fun piece this time round, take it back to how the contest used to be. It's in the style of my spoof's I do on thunderback's art on facebook. lol. anyway here it is .

spidermanfighting.jpg

lol. sorry mate, I've never heard of him,:)

lol. sorry mate, I've never heard of him,:)
Really?
goto images.google.com type "fred hembeck" no quotes

Usually he did little comic strips in the back of marvel comics in the 70's - 80's

I decided after looking at some of the post to try and do a fun piece this time round, take it back to how the contest used to be. It's in the style of my spoof's I do on thunderback's art on facebook. lol. anyway here it is .

spidermanfighting.jpg

Very cool B-Man. I am always a fan of your work.

little less than one week left! hope to see some more entries!

Nice work juggertha.:) I was kinda looking foreword to seeing something new.:cwink:

yeah, man. Mine's a bit dated. In fact, it's got the date right on it.

Worry not though, your new entry is cool enough to give me a nice fix of Spidey for the week. :D

Thanks Ring Deacon big fan of your work too, :)
Thanks Juggertha, :)

Awesome entry B-man, scorpion nipples FTW!

also, has it been announced what the next contest will be? Hopefully something a little more creative

also, has it been announced what the next contest will be? Hopefully something a little more creative
Yeah I think ComicChick wants us all to draw only forbush Man Images for The March Contest So start doodling guys Forbush Man FTW! :oldrazz:

See here's my Entry for March already see what you guys can do:cwink:

ForbishMan.jpg

Last edited:

i'm stuck between Villains throughout Time or SuperHero Sellouts

i have that planned for later in the year

some of the potential themes throughout the year will be:

Villians Throughout Time
Super Hero Sell Outs
Comic Book Cover
Splash Page
Batman (something special planned for this one)
X-Men
Literary Characters (not just comics here)
etc

Comic Book Cover and Splash Page sound like good challenges.

i have that planned for later in the year

some of the potential themes throughout the year will be:

Villians Throughout Time
Super Hero Sell Outs
Comic Book Cover
Splash Page
Batman (something special planned for this one)
X-Men
Literary Characters (not just comics here)
etc

All of these sound cool. Literary characters could be fun.

Careful about Comic book covers, due to recent objections It might get a touchy subject

I wish I could have entered this, but I ran out of time. I'll still be finishing up my piece though. My WIP pic can be seen in the link to my art thread.

sorry for the delay everyone, had a death in the family and had to take care of some things.

will have the voting thread and the next month's contest thread up tonight

Maybe I can put a separate contest up With Comic-Chicks ok but this would probably be a 2-3 month contest to prepare - I'd give some of my exess Autographed comics or cards (preferrably Cards) as a "PRIZE" to winners but if it was overseas entries cards would be the prize let me know if you guys would be interested in that - it'd be a sep contest though and winners would have to supply a mailing adress for prizes
If I got enough interest and entries it would include a Jim Lee autographed comic (not just for a few entries though)
not
Please let me know if you guys would be interested - I have not decided details yet, what characters etc Enough interest there will be more than 1 prize

Comic-Chick May I make a humble suggestion - off the beaten track of what you suggested for next contest
MARVEL ZOMBIES - to get a unique type of contest This can include most of the marvel Universe However in Zombie Form

Being as i was a color assistant on some of those series I would really love to see that as a contest (series 1 and 2 plus some others)
Plus it would give an excuse for people to be Creative in their art instead of doing the "NORM" though a "gore" disclaimer may be necessary

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"