JUN/JUL 2012 Fan Art Contest *WIN PRIZES*

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
The Dark Artist Rises!

THEME: Batman
With Batman opening in a few weeks, this is the perfect chance for you to get your creative juices flowing to create an awesome entry.

RULES:
* Contest is open to everyone.
* Submit / post your entry here in this thread.
* DO NOT swipe, trace or steal the artwork of another artist and pass it off as your own. This is for ORIGINAL works. References are fine, but copying/tracing is not. Always credit your references.
* Do not post Works In Progress in this thread. Make your own thread for that This thread is for your final submissions
* Also, please do not spam the contest thread by re-posting / quoting your entry multiple times
* Photo Manipulations are allowed
* One entry per user.
* Image must be uploaded to a photohost and uploaded to thread. links to outside sources won't work as a submission

DEADLINE: July 31 2012 (midnight PST)

WINNER: Winner will be announced after results of voting thread poll. Poll will run AUG 1 - AUG 14

PRIZES:
100x100 avatar capabilities

and:

91mf9oYHjPL._AA600_.jpg

This will shape up to be another good one. Now If I can get my photoshop working again after my pc crash I will enter it. I may have to use something old that I have never posted before otherwise.

Here is my contribution. :)

I wanted to incorporate little things about all three movies and including the main characters.

I ran out of watercolors so all I used were copics, prismacolor markers, color pencils and Adobe Photoshop CS5. Original size is 10" x 15".

legend_of_the_dark_knight_by_frankakadar-d52mypz.jpg

nice to see we already have submissions rolling in!

I was treating my Bruce Wayne as the Michael Jackson of his world. Adopting kids into his life, dressing up, trying to get back the childhood that was taken from him when he was 8.

robinyearone.jpg

I was treating my Bruce Wayne as the Michael Jackson of his world. Adopting kids into his life, dressing up, trying to get back the childhood that was taken from him when he was 8.

Just Puhleez don't make a picture of Bruce dangling a tiny robin out the window and saying "fly Robin Fly!"

Oh no someone may do that now

Please ignore. My submission is below.

Last edited:
Here is my submission, It is just a hand drawn rendition I did of a google image. This is my first creation. I hope to improve on later drawings.

I am sorry I am not very savvy with uploading these photos, just go to the link below to see the drawing. Thanks!:yay:

If you can put it in JPG then post it as that it should then appear here in the window when you go advanced and click the icon "Insert image" and put the full url of the image in that

or you can try with the pdf you supplied though I doubt it becase that reqires outside software to view

Alternatly if that site does not work when a jpeg is uploaded use free hosting sites like

http://freeimagehosting.net/ doesn't even reqire you sign in to put an image :) jst more features if you do

As a suggestion to users PLEASE post all submissions to a location that can be hyperlinked for example Photobucket, freeimagehosting etc

Image sites like facebook while hyperlinkable - won't have the image appear in this forum
Images that usually appear are JPG, or GIF some others may show as well

to add actual image go advanced, then click "insert image" icon and the actual URL - thanks

and keep up the good batman art :)

OOooOOOooh... I'mna get down on this. If I win, can I be mod for a day?

Since I did not post as a jpg. I decided to re-post my art, in the proper form. I am sorry if this messed the poll up!
RiseJpeg.jpg

Lilbanks96

Took inspiration from JMC, Drew Struzan and the official posters from their respective films:

poster4hq.jpg

1500x2222:
poster4highres.jpg

Also available in full 8100x12000 for print.

Last edited:
I havent posted on these boards in forever, but saw this and figured I'd throw in a submission. The original of this one is huge, had to size it to show on the boards a little more efficiently.

-T-

batmancharacters.jpg

Wow!!!! we have a winner, what a piece, :)

welcome back Draw4U, nice to see you're still cranking out amazing stuff

and people, please quit questioning the validity of someone's art. if you have a question or concern, pm them or me, otherwise, let me handle it :)

don't want anyone to be dissuaded from participating. i hope to see lots more entries!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"