Female Super Hero - WW got there first, but can Marvel top it ?

WW beats CA significantly in terms of movie quality and most important - likeability of the main hero..

In terms of Box Office it should win out. Being an MCU movie is a huge edge in this film's favor. And I do hope this continues to lead to good movies.

In terms of can it top WW as a movie...I don't think so. Honestly I enjoyed that one more even if I thought the DCEU to that point hadn't done much right. Just feel that movie did more things well and had greater high points.

But financially Captain Marvel should win out.

If it’s about the emergence of lead female superheroine into the big screen , then it is about the competition, just as it will be about the next “successful” female superhero after that.

Not all of them are/have proven successful. Look at Elektra, as popular of a comic book hero as she was in Marvel Comics, totally bombed at the box office – bad director and writers totally killed any chance of her being a box office smash.

Very many knew about the Justice League (Super friends) and the TV classic of Lynda Carter’s WW and comic fans knew and followed Woman Woman as well.

So if the director/writers get it right, the appearance and format get it right and it’s well accepted by Many had a clue and familiarity with Wonder Woman.

I really don’t believe that was the case with Marvel. Those that have seen it or planned to see it said they had no idea who she was or of her origin.

But something bumped apparently their interest to go see Marvel, i stll tend to think very much had to do with Avengers End Game tie in, as well as it being a marvel superhero movie ..and no one can deny that it has legs enough to surpass the 1 Billion class which makes it among the all time leaders history. As ironic as it is that i wasn't impressed at all with Capt marvel, i am glad that it has a reaction and result at the box office to continue Marvel's humogus impact at the box office

If it’s about the emergence of lead female superheroine into the big screen , then it is about the competition, just as it will be about the next “successful” female superhero after that.

Not all of them are/have proven successful. Look at Elektra, as popular of a comic book hero as she was in Marvel Comics, totally bombed at the box office – bad director and writers totally killed any chance of her being a box office smash.

Very many knew about the Justice League (Super friends) and the TV classic of Lynda Carter’s WW and comic fans knew and followed Woman Woman as well.

So if the director/writers get it right, the appearance and format get it right and it’s well accepted by Many had a clue and familiarity with Wonder Woman.

I really don’t believe that was the case with Marvel. Those that have seen it or planned to see it said they had no idea who she was or of her origin.

But something bumped apparently their interest to go see Marvel, i stll tend to think very much had to do with Avengers End Game tie in, as well as it being a marvel superhero movie ..and no one can deny that it has legs enough to surpass the 1 Billion class which makes it among the all time leaders history. As ironic as it is that i wasn't impressed at all with Capt marvel, i am glad that it has a reaction and result at the box office to continue Marvel's humogus impact at the box office
As far As Elektra goes, very hard to make an assassin likeable even with Jennifer Garner as your lead character.

The haters helped, too.
All of the online controversy made people who didn't have the movie on their list take a second look or even a first look.

I liked Captain Marvel significantly more than Wonder Woman.
It was more fun and had a significantly better third act

Honestly, I didn't even consider judging one over the other until this thread. And I still don't. To me they are both great movies with strong leads and good scripts. I'd watch them back to back, though I'd have to toss a coin to choose who goes first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"