FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer DVD

You know what? I just bought Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer last night and after disagreeing with the fanboys on the first one, I must say I have to disagree with you guys on this one too. To keep it short this movie was a blast and I had a great time watching it with my friends and all of us being comic book fans did not understand the hate. After this and Spider-man 3 being the fun rides they were and being bashed...I must say I've lost faith in the fanboy opinion.

On that note, I retract my statement. Galactus definately was not butchered. He was not the cloud itself. He was amongst the chaos of the cloud itself. Hell, I even noticed the shape of his helmet as he was screaming before the Surfer "destroyed" them both. I'll go back and watch it later just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me (but then again all three of us blurted out "GALACTUS!" on that exact part that I was refering to so maybe I'm not crazy).

Oh and Doom may be different but I absolutely loved this character anyway. Butchered? Yes. If you keep making comparisons. But you can do the same thing with Blade. Movie Doom isn't nearly as awesome as comic book doom but damn if he ain't one badass, fun character. I loved screaming with my friends at the screen like we were kids again. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! DON'T LEAVE HIM ALONE WITH THAT THING! ****ING IDIOTS!". Good times. This is what a comic book movie should feel like. I really can't wait for a sequel.

EDIT: Oh and the Surfer is just pure awesome put on screen. Those eyes are just freaky as hell and even without the effects the costume looked great. Loved the raw power coming from this guy. Got chills when he got his board back and his theme song came on for the first time. Then when he rushed off to face Galactus? Grrreat stuff. :up: I say give Tim Story no limits for the next one and let's really watch him cut loose. Regret not seeing this one in theaters.

If there is a SS movie, i hope Ottman returns to do the score for it, his Surfer theme was excellent, and he is wasting his time with the FF movies IMO.

Does anyone else's DVD cut the word 'garbage' when Reed is talking to Sue about watching E! News. If you look closely, his mouth is still moving after the sentence "Why do keep watching this?"

EDIT: Apparently it does, according to another thread. :D :up:

Does anyone else's DVD cut the word 'garbage' when Reed is talking to Sue about watching E! News. If you look closely, his mouth is still moving after the sentence "Why do keep watching this?"

I'm actually glad to hear that, i originally thought my DVD was faulty.:yay:

Same here dude, I thought mine was faulty too. :yay:

Is it just me or do you find that DVD's today tend to be a lot more faulty than they used to?

Anyway, glad my FF2 isnt faulty, i hate taking things back.

Has anyone posted any screengrabs of the "tarnished" version of the Silver Surfer? I've had a look through a few threads and not found any - I've wanted to get another look at that amazing creation for months now, but there are no official pictures of it.

No cinefex article either, which would have been nice.

Would anyone please be kind enough to post some nice grabs of the tarnished surfer (from Blu-ray would be nice) or point me to them if they've already been posted?

Yeah, I believe there are some in the Silver Surfer thread.

Just saw this at Costco.

ffkh5.jpg
Got this:hyper:

Wwwwow that's a good deal!:wow: You lucky dog, you! :up:

Well I just went through 24 pages of the DVD thread to see if this was posted earlier and it wasn't but to my surprise I couldn’t find anything about the version I already have... did anyone buy the steelcase edition of FF with the different cover? Here I'll find a picture...

BOOOOO to the mod, this deserves it's own thread, can you please change it back??

please HD screencaps of SS.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Spoarz™;12987160 said:

I thought it was always like that:huh:

Here's some custom covers I made if you guys want to use them

fantasticfourpreviewgk8.jpg

fantasticfourrotssprevicw3.jpg

FF&FF:ROTSS
ff12gy6.jpg

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

FF43.jpg

lenff4_a.jpg

lenff4_B.jpg

I really loved the cool lenticular packaging!​

The dvd doesn't even have a release date yet here.:( :down

I came across a special edition Chronicles of Narnia dvd with book-ends and everything and I thought for a second that it must have been a good movie, and not just capitalizing on the post-LOTR fantasy epic market, that I must have missed something when it came out. Then I decided not to let book-ends run my life. Its crazy how sweet packaging can make someone want to buy ROTSS, a movie that was very nearly the worst of the year. That is sweet packaging though.

Finally got a release date for the dvd. It's March 14, 2008....

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer​

lenff4_B.jpg

I really loved the cool lenticular packaging!​

I got this too - I was REALLY surprised there was no little book of any kind within the DVD

Got my copy of the DVD today but unfortunately, I can't get it Christmas next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"