Films you just took a chance on one day that ended up becoming favourites of yours

Sorry, I meant Winter Passing. :funny:

Lol ok Winter Passing. That I've never even heard of

Red Corner
First Richard Gere movie I watch from start to finish

Diabolique (1955)

I was just browsing through channels,and I decided that the first movie that I saw that was just beginning I was gonna watch.I landed on Sundance and I loved this movie.

Donnie Darko - I read reviews on how mind boggling and weird the movie had in a cult like kind of way, and a classmate who'd seen it said it was very trippy that it required repeated viewings to take it all in. Lo and behold I rented it and found it to be really good in a weird not for everyone type of way that I recommended it to a co-worker who also liked it.

I didn't know much about the film before I rented it. I actually thought it would be more about Drew Barrymore's character. Instead I was mind blown and watched the film again immediately after it ended.

-Kick-Ass - I hadn't heard of the comic and the posters made it look like a Mystery Men-wannabe to me, but the online buzz and Hit-Girl trailer convinced me to see it, and it now remains one of my top 3 favorite CBM's ever.

-Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - it was before Iron Man, and I hadn't really appreciated RDJ's talents until this came along. I only rented it because one of the jokes in the trailer got a chuckle out of me, and now I believe it may be my most-re-watched movie of all-time. Either that or Die Hard - it's a toss-up.

-Pitch Perfect - I was expecting something very Glee and instead got a Mean Girls/Bring It On hybrid with a kind of awesome a capella soundtrack. It's another one that I'm finding insanely re-watchable now that it's on HBO all the time, lol.

-Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. This one really took me by surprise. I mean, not only was the trailer kind of lame, but it was based on a theme park ride, ffs! I saw it on opening weekend because I liked Johnny Depp and my best friend was in love with Orlando Bloom, but it was just one of those experiences where, as I sat there and watched it with a packed crowd, I could just feel that this was gonna become something of a phenomenon.

^^Yeah, pitch perfect was a movie I was hesitant about until I saw it. Same with 21 Jump Street.

Equilibrium

Expected a cheap Matrix knockoff but it really reasonated with me.

Fight Club too. That came out of no where.

Inglorious Bastards was the first Quentin Tarantino film i'd ever seen. I had heard how bloody his movies were, and expected a Saw quality film. It quickly became one of my favorites, and I became a fan of all of his other movies. (still haven't/won't see grindhouse)

Hanna, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Drive were all movies that hit me by surprise.

All from the same year too.

Need to add Scott Pilgrim vs the World, The Mist, and Silent Hill to my earlier pick, Unforgiven.

Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human

Stars Mackenzie Astin and Carmen Electra and is narrated by David Hyde Pierce. He plays an alien observing, and rather poorly interpreting, how The Male goes about courting The Female. Very funny movie.

Second Hand Lions (I originally went to see the movie just so I can see the first full length trailer of LOTR ROTK) In the end though, I thought Second Hand Lions was one of the very best films that year, and it's a great movie for the whole family to watch. Loved Robert Duvall and Michael Cain as brothers.

Kick Ass (Probably in my top 5 favorites) it was recommended from my cousin. I was weary at first because she can sometimes have tastes that are very different from mine, but I decided to give it a shot, and I loved the movie ever since.

The Lone Ranger. I was weary of this one because the trailers looked boring, but when the critics started bashing it, I decided to give it a shot, and it's my second favorite movie of the year (following close behind STID)

Django Unchained. Movie looked good in the trailer, but I actually never really cared for QT movies, so I was going to pass this until a friend talked me into it. This movie is easily in my top 5 favorites of all time. When exiting 2012, The Avengers was my favorite, but now that I got all the DVD's from my favorite movies last year and got a chance to rewatch them, Django Unchained is my number one favorite, followed by The Hunger Games, Rock of Ages and then The Avengers.

The Lone Ranger. Although it's not a favorite, but it's the 3rd movie of the summer for me.

I'm happy to see all of the Pitch Perfect love here. My wife and I love it, and when I tell people about it, they are always like "that looks like crap," but everyone I know who has actually seen it thinks very highly of it.

Inglorious Bastards was the first Quentin Tarantino film i'd ever seen. I had heard how bloody his movies were, and expected a Saw quality film. It quickly became one of my favorites, and I became a fan of all of his other movies. (still haven't/won't see grindhouse)

If you can find some pirated stream of both the films together, with the fake trailers in between, its worth watching.

Even Tarantino will tell you it's the worst movie that he's made, but there is still a lot of good work that went into Death Proof. Planet Terror and the trailers are quite enjoyable.

Need to add Scott Pilgrim vs the World, The Mist, and Silent Hill to my earlier pick, Unforgiven.
Yeah I was bored and flipping through channels that SPVTW was on HBO that I just started watching and liked it too. Michael Cera is just dorky and odd looking for this type of character.

Yeah I was bored and flipping through channels that SPVTW was on HBO that I just started watching and liked it too. Michael Cera is just dorky and odd looking for this type of character.

Good. Scott Pilgrim is dorky and odd looking in the comics :D

Star Wars. This was a few years before the prequels came and I can't remember how old I was, 7-8 perhaps? I was bored one summerday and rumbled through our collection of vhs tapes and found a recorded one that said "Star Wars" I had no idea what it was but it became one of my all-time fave movies after that.

Star Wars. This was a few years before the prequels came and I can't remember how old I was, 7-8 perhaps? I was bored one summerday and rumbled through our collection of vhs tapes and found a recorded one that said "Star Wars" I had no idea what it was but it became one of my all-time fave movies after that.

Funny. When growing up, my eldest cousin was big into Star Wars, but I tried to get into it from episode 4, and it just didn't keep my interest. It was a cold day during winter break when I was a teen when ANH had just ended and ESB started, and that was when I became a Star Wars fan.

Goodfellas - the time it came out I was just 14 so I had no interest in dramas but after seeing countless stand-up comics doing Joe Pesci's impersonation and the references to it on Animaniacs I saw it one day on AMC and it was magnificent.

If you can find some pirated stream of both the films together, with the fake trailers in between, its worth watching.

Even Tarantino will tell you it's the worst movie that he's made, but there is still a lot of good work that went into Death Proof. Planet Terror and the trailers are quite enjoyable.

I might look up the trailers. Do remember how many there were? I know machete was one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"