do you give re-makes a chance or put them down right away??

It really does depend on the movie. There are some "remakes" that I wouldn't really call remakes. For example, the Tv-movie of The Shining. That wasn't trying to "remake" the original film, but adapt the novel in a different way then the first film did. There are a few movies in which that could be done.

For example, twenty years down the road, someone could come along and do more Bourne films, but have them more closely based on the original book series, since the Damon movies have very little resemble to the novels. I wouldn't consider that a remake.

And then there are the straight remakes of films, and they really can be hit or miss. Some can take the original film's idea and expand it in ways nobody would have expected. The Fly for example. And then sometimes you wonder why they bothered...like remaking a movie scene for scene...like Psycho.

If we are talking about a direct remake of an original film then I'm usually pretty cautious. I'll give a remake a chance if they get some quality talent on board and have something worthwhile and unique to say with the material.

As far as another adaptation of a literary source then I've never had a problem with that. Everyone can have a different interpretation of a book or comic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"