Finally Caught

Memphis Slim

Superhero
Reaction score
Jefferson indicted in bribery probe

WASHINGTON (AP) — Rep. William Jefferson, D-La., was indicted Monday on federal charges of racketeering, soliciting bribes and money-laundering in a long-running bribery investigation into business deals he tried to broker in Africa.

The indictment handed up in federal court in Alexandria., Va., Monday lists 16 alleged violations of federal law with prison terms totaling as much as 235 years. He is charged with racketeering, soliciting bribes, wire fraud, money-laundering, obstruction of justice, conspiracy and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Jefferson is accused of soliciting bribes for himself and his family, and also for bribing a Nigerian official.
"The public deserves, and is entitled to expect, that government officials are free from corruption," Assistant Attorney General Alice Fisher said.
Almost two years ago, in August 2005, investigators raided Jefferson's home in Louisiana and found $90,000 in cash stuffed in a box in his freezer.

Let's see ol' Pelosi do the right thing........:whatever:

i wonder if he'll pull a paris hilton.

LOL, I recall an absence on threads about all the misdeeds of Republicans during their reign in congress, she's been there like a year and she's "Ol' Pelosi"

nice partisan blinders Celldog.

LOL, I recall an absence on threads about all the misdeeds of Republicans during their reign in congress, she's been there like a year and she's "Ol' Pelosi"

nice partisan blinders Celldog.

Well then you should have made the thread.

Every person is entitled to their own bias.

Well then you should have made the thread.

Every person is entitled to their own bias.

LOL, no.

not when they call themselves centrists.
not when they decry in others what they fail to see in themselves.
sorry, you failed.
go back to killing people anime conventions attendees, you're out of your league here Phantasm/sad person.

LOL, no.

not when they call themselves centrists.
not when they decry in others what they fail to see in themselves.
sorry, you failed.
go back to killing people anime conventions attendees, you're out of your league here Phantasm/sad person.
Looks like I hit a nerve there.

:heart:

I dont think its fair to indict democratic leaders.

Come on if we start getting all legal with politicians with bribery there won't be any left. Then who will the oil companies go to when they want to start wars to raise oil prices? You people have no idea how the economy works.

LOL, no...well I guess in a way.
stupid people annoy me.

so yeah.

you win...uh..I guess.:huh:

So first you make a comment about the guy that killed himself, and now you're calling me stupid.

I believe you win, good sir.

Alot of people keep money and stuff in their freezer. I have ice in mine, not $90,000 worth but alot. Someone used to put n64 games in there when they wouldnt connect right. He didnt get indicted.

Come on if we start getting all legal with politicians with bribery there won't be any left. Then who will the oil companies go to when they want to start wars to raise oil prices? You people have no idea how the economy works.
neither does alan greenspan.

So first you make a comment about the guy that killed himself, and now you're calling me stupid.

I believe you win, good sir.

It's not my fault your proximity drives people to suicide, maybe it's like in Heroes and you're just now dicovering your awesome power.

stay clear of conventions though.

for the sake of us all:csad:

neither does alan greenspan.

This is why america needs me. I'm fully capable of distracting everyone with pointless wars (I'm thinking it's time for a little canadian @sskicking) and moral scandals (the gays, people, ohhhhh, scary gays, they're coming for your children) while at the same time appeasing the corporate interests that run this country with 28% less paper work for them to fill out.

It's not my fault your proximity drives people to suicide, maybe it's like in Heroes and you're just now dicovering your awesome power.

Actually could you maybe start going to American Idol tapings?? I can see no bad coming from that.

I'm so belittled, I'm almost gone. :whatever:

This is why america needs me. I'm fully capable of distracting everyone with pointless wars (I'm thinking it's time for a little canadian @sskicking) and moral scandals (the gays, people, ohhhhh, scary gays, they're coming for your children) while at the same time appeasing the corporate interests that run this country with 28% less paper work for them to fill out.
we'd be a great team. we just need a good campaign manager, preferably someone who has two big "endorsements"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"