The Dark Knight *** First Legit TDK Film Review? ***

Phallic

Civilian
Reaction score
"My secret agent between the Armani suits saw a super private session for The Dark Knight and came out drooling. It will be a great success, he guarantees, the gadgets ( especially the bat-bike, responsible for a acclaimed action sequence ) are crazy and Heath Leger might receive a deserved indication for his Joker, "a mixture of a fool/clown, schizophrenic, sadic and crazy. The guy delivered, got himself into the role and it's unrecognizable. There will be no other Joker after him." In one scene he repeats to Christian Bale's Batman a line from "Brokeback Mountain"(the guy probably confused himself here) "you complete me" - but "in a context of stalker, crazy, scary." Another scene with Ledger/Joker playing dead inside a body bag caused adverse reactions in the audience, for obvious reasons - it will possibly be cut. (I hope not...)

My "Bond" tells more about the somber epic of Chris Nolan:
"It's incredible to create something new and exciting, not only for it's history but in technical terms, nowadays. Many great scenes, impeccable effects. Music and sounds pretty loud, but helping the story. They have a Heart Beat they use in a sensational way
(Remember the 2 note theme from the interview with Zimmer!), anticipating the next scene- a psychological trigger ala Jaws. (tan tan tan )

The cast is awesome, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman stealing scenes in which all are present. Maggie Gyllenhaal fantastic replacing Katie Holmes and Aaron Eckhart as a great surprise as the politician with a heart of gold whose personality changes after a horrible accident. Another good astonishment is Eric Roberts as the mobster he knows so well how to do. Christian Bale solid as ever, cool since Bruce Wayne is a rich playboy and Batman is the opposite. The film plays a lot with this duality, all the characters are complex, has ambiguities, very interesting and delicate here.

The humor/comedy is totally dark, the movie is very dark and, in this version, a little too long. But will blow us away.
"

Rough translation from Portugese.

Source:
http://bloglog.globo.com/blog/post.do?act=loadSite&id=6481&per malink=true

I'm very confident that this review is legit. Let's celebrate, this is finally confirmation from people outside of the production that TDK will in fact be awesome!

EDIT: To those questioning its authenticity.

The reviewer is very well known in Brazil as a journalist and the news site that this was published on is a very reputable site. Therefore, it is extremely unlikely that she would risk her reputation (and will likely be caught if it is a farce) and her career just to fool a couple of Batman fanboys.

Just imagine a 50 year old Brazilian woman, sitting at a computer, thinking, "Muahahaha, I bet I totally fooled those Batman fans!!!"

No, I don't think so.

Joker in a bodybag?? Holy f-ing @$%& ... Heath just keeps topping this Joker performance .. i hope that's true...

"My secret agent between the Armani suits saw a super private session for The Dark Knight and came out drooling. It will be a great success, he guarantees, the gadgets ( especially the bat-bike, responsible for a acclaimed action sequence ) are crazy and Heath Leger might receive a deserved indication for his Joker, "a mixture of a fool/clown, schizophrenic, sadic and crazy. The guy delivered, got himself into the role and it's unrecognizable. There will be no other Joker after him." In one scene he repeats to Christian Bale's Batman a line from "Brokeback Mountain"(the guy probably confused himself here) "you complete me" - but "in a context of stalker, crazy, scary." Another scene with Ledger/Joker playing dead inside a body bag caused adverse reactions in the audience, for obvious reasons - it will possibly be cut. (I hope not...) "

OH........MY.......GOD.....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so hope to God that "you complete me" is legit. That sounds so twisted.

:up: Good find Phallic!

Cool if its legit. Still cool if its not.

*nerdgasm* Joker in a bodybag? :wow:

I wish there weren't so many attention ****es and liars out there in the vast wasteland that is the internet, becuase I REALLY want to believe this.

good find man GOOD FIND!

man am I ****ing stoked about this movie

"My secret agent between the Armani suits saw a super private session for The Dark Knight and came out drooling. It will be a great success, he guarantees, the gadgets ( especially the bat-bike, responsible for a acclaimed action sequence ) are crazy and Heath Leger might receive a deserved indication for his Joker, "a mixture of a fool/clown, schizophrenic, sadic and crazy. The guy delivered, got himself into the role and it's unrecognizable. There will be no other Joker after him." In one scene he repeats to Christian Bale's Batman a line from "Brokeback Mountain"(the guy probably confused himself here) "you complete me" - but "in a context of stalker, crazy, scary." Another scene with Ledger/Joker playing dead inside a body bag caused adverse reactions in the audience, for obvious reasons - it will possibly be cut. (I hope not...)

My "Bond" tells more about the somber epic of Chris Nolan:
"It's incredible to create something new and exciting, not only for it's history but in technical terms, nowadays. Many great scenes, impeccable effects. Music and sounds pretty loud, but helping the story. They have a Heart Beat they use in a sensational way
(Remember the 2 note theme from the interview with Zimmer!), anticipating the next scene- a psychological trigger ala Jaws. (tan tan tan )

The cast is awesome, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman stealing scenes in which all are present. Maggie Gyllenhaal fantastic replacing Katie Holmes and Aaron Eckhart as a great surprise as the politician with a heart of gold whose personality changes after a horrible accident. Another good astonishment is Eric Roberts as the mobster he knows so well how to do. Christian Bale solid as ever, cool since Bruce Wayne is a rich playboy and Batman is the opposite. The film plays a lot with this duality, all the characters are complex, has ambiguities, very interesting and delicate here.

The humor/comedy is totally dark, the movie is very dark and, in this version, a little too long. But will blow us away.
"

Rough translation from Portugese.

Source:
http://bloglog.globo.com/blog/post.do?act=loadSite&id=6481&per malink=true

This woman is fairly reputable, so I think this could be legit.

Hmmm, if true sounds great. Even though some may get sensitive of the Joker hiding in a body bag, I say its part of the movie, and Heath would of wanted it. Sounds great though.

I hope they keep that scene in.

a psychological trigger ala Jaws. (tan tan tan )

Um, what?! LOL

If this is legit, wow. Seems to confirm the buzz we were already hearing. You might want to put that in spoiler tags though, just in case some of the plot points are legit.

if this is a joke... damn. If not... HELL YES!!! And how can a batman movie be too long? :D BTW: I wonder how that whole body-bag scene goes and why the Joker decides to be in it. Hmmm

Hmmm, if true sounds great. Even though some may get sensitive of the Joker hiding in a body bag, I say its part of the movie, and Heath would of wanted it. Sounds great though.

I would find it would get A TON of contraversty from the media

it all sounds great. i suppose it's possible. some of those things are just so strange to make up and they all sound so fitting. i dig. i dig indeed.

I don't believe it but we'll see if this adds up. The review reminds me of alot reviews posted on aintitcool.com

The kind where you obviously can tell they don't know what the hell they're talking about or they are plant.

I would find it would get A TON of contraversty from the media

For sure. But there is something to be said for keeping the performance intact. Overall I think it shows more respect to Ledger.

wow that sounds awesome....july cant come soon enough

I'm praying they cut AS LITTLE as possible...:wow:

I don't believe it but we'll see if this adds up. The review reminds me of alot reviews posted on aintitcool.com

The kind where you obviously can tell they don't know what the hell they're talking about or they are plant.
well i doubt they would have a plant so early. and if it WAS a plant, that would mean the specifics are true.

but yeah, it could be completely made up

Maybe there should be some spoiler tags in use here.

What a load of B.S.

Usually when they show early cuts to studios and select test audiences, it's without any scoring. The scoring process with Zimmer and Howard is still underway.

If they do use the line "You complete me." I actually love that line. To me it is the symbol of what Batman and Joker are t one another, they require one another, evil vs good. With out one the other cannot exist. They are Ying and Yang.

wow, if this is legit, then we're all in for a real treat. i think i remember Nolan saying that he wasn't changing a thing about Heath's performance in TDK, so i'm really looking forward to the bodybag scene (if true)...and i agree, that "you complete me" line sounds so twisted and crazy..i hope to God this is legit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"