FLETCH picks up new Director and Zach Braff???

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=212&Itemid=44

So Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence Has been picked up to write and direct (God another script for this film :mad: ) Fletch Won. Lawrence is expected to direct the film in April 2007 during his hiatus from "Scrubs." "Fletch Won" will be the first feature film Lawrence will direct.

Bill Lawrence stated, "The coolest thing about the 'Fletch Won' book is that it's an origin story. Like 'Batman Begins,' I think people will enjoy seeing how Irwin Fletcher became Fletch. Not only can I recite the original 'Fletch' movie line for line, I actually read all the Greg Mcdonald books as a kid. Consider me obsessed, - I'm going to try as hard as I can not to screw this up."

According to various sources, it was actually Braff himself who helped bring Lawrence on board by suggesting him to Harvey Weinstein, this, in turn, lead to talks between the two over the next six months. In a recent interview Lawrence said, "Zach knows I can recite the original 'Fletch' movie line for line." Lawrence has also read all of Mcdonald's "Fletch" novels.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Lawrence said, “Zach is perfect for the role. I'm going to use all my pull trying to make him do it."

Braff had this to say in an intervie for his new film 'THE LAST KISS'...

No I am not definately doing Fletch Won, I am thinking about it but I am not definately signed on.

I like Lawrence, I think he is very talented. I am a fan of braff but I just dont know if he is the best for this role.

I guess its just very hard to accept any one other than Jason Lee and Kevin Smith doing the FLETCH reboot.

Meh, Kevin Smith has shown he's inept at doing anything other than catchy dialouge, so I for one am happy to see people who care about story taking care of this, don't get me wrong I loved Clerks 2 but without hte dialouge what is it, Jersey Girl which was a luke-warm movie. I think Jason Lee would be a better choice but Zach Braff is the better actor, Jason Lee plays everything the same, Zach Braff seems to have more range with showing emotion, also it might be nice to see Braff not playing the loser-character.

Zach Braff is so awful at everything. There isn't any actor/"filmmaker" who gets such an undue pass. He's a creation of lame critic piggybacking on their own bull$hit. Scrubs is a Lizzy Maguire sound-effect-laden piece of mediocrity. And Garden State is just horrible.

BT18 said:
Zach Braff is so awful at everything. There isn't any actor/"filmmaker" who gets such an undue pass. He's a creation of lame critic piggybacking on their own bull$hit. Scrubs is a Lizzy Maguire sound-effect-laden piece of mediocrity. And Garden State is just horrible.

Please tell me you have a fan club because I want to join. :heart:

Damn, thought Fletch would be a great Jason Lee vehicle, but I guess he doesn't need it anymore since Earl is a hit.

I find Zach Braff to be one of the unfunniest men on the planet so plese just say no to this movie. At least Jason Lee can be funny wish he would be in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"