• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For Political Lovers: If you were to run for president what would be your platform?

Let's see, when you've got a fat ass government that makes trillions of dollars a year in taxes and it has forty million people uninsured people who are under the "get well or die" program what do you think is the right thing to do? :whatever:

I can tell you that giving them handouts isn't it.

Well Bill O'Reilly is the devil and all.

Besides, if the government can throw away trillions of dollars on an unnecessary war in a Middle Eastern country that is similar to every Middle Eastern country, a timewarp to 14th century mentality, then I guess they could afford to have government backed health care

:up:

I can tell you that giving them handouts isn't it.

That's not a handout, it's called helping your fellow man.

Governments require a little something called taxes you ignorant dolt. So either your an anarchist (*******) or you're just ignorant (bigger *******).
Heh... He's already run out of infantile insults... We must be taxing his tiny brain.

by constantly resorting to namecalling, you continually prove you have no depth or substance to your thoughts and arguments (if indeed you have anything beyond a one line bit). you're not worth responding to.

By your constant grammar abuse and refusal to spell you're just proving that you're as ignorant as you sound.

That's not a handout, it's called helping your fellow man.

Meh, it sounds nice in theory, but it hardly ever works that way. More people rather help themselves than help others.:csad:

I'm giving you guys one more chance to be civil about this. (unlikely)

If not, say bye bye.

Besides, if the government can throw away trillions of dollars on an unnecessary war in a Middle Eastern country that is similar to every Middle Eastern country, a timewarp to 14th century mentality, then I guess they could afford to have government backed health care
Being able to AFFORD something doesn't mean that it will work or that it is the BEST thing for the people. Self sufficiency and responsibility is what builds strong societies. Do you know who the people without healthcare are? They are the people who've bought into the idea that it's someone ELSE who is responsible for them. THAT is a very destructive idea.

for the most part, yes i am. not all taxes, mind you, but a good portion of them. i'm 100% in favor of reducing the size of government and replacing any form of income tax with a consumption tax, specifically the FairTax.

The days of small governments are long gone, a small government can't survive in modern society.

What about all those people in hurricane Katrina? I guess that was just a hand out? :whatever:

What about them? Yeah, we Americans will throw a whole bunch of money at the current big cause, then not give a **** about it later. I'm positive that the donations have drastically gone down ever since Anderson Cooper returned to his air conditioned studio.

Being able to AFFORD something doesn't mean that it will work or that it is the BEST thing for the people. Self sufficiency and responsibility is what builds strong societies. Do you know who the people without healthcare are? They are the people who've bought into the idea that it's someone ELSE who is responsible for them. THAT is a very destructive idea.

Yeah, dying is what's best for the people. :whatever:

Kritish is overusing the rolleyes smiley.

mysterio said:

Fairs are dopey. Tax the hell out of them

FAIR081006CM610.jpg

Hmmm....a few thoughts:

• Kill the "No Child Allowed To Excel" program and get teachers back to actually teaching our kids rather than preparing them to regurgitate competency exam answers. Special attention to math, sciences, English and music and art programs. We are falling behind the rest of the world when it comes to preparing our kids for success, thereby endangering our own future as a nation.
  • Map out a proper, realistic exit strategy for Iraq with the help of people who actually understand the culture and environment there and in the rest of the Middle East so as to minimize negative impact and make the most of the situation overall.
  • Kill all the lobbyists. Corporate America runs our government right now and that has to end. They aren't serving the public's best interests. They're serving their own.
  • Economic reform that takes the middle and lower economic classes into consideration. The wealth in this country needs to start being redistributed back out to them.
  • Legalize marijuana and regulate and tax it just like tobacco and alcohol. I'm not a pot smoker or even a real advocate, but we've wasted far too many dollars on the "War On Pot" and convicted way too many young people for a drug no more evil than alcohol it on the "three strikes" laws, which have overcrowded our jails and prisons even more than they are.
  • Prison reform. Far too many luxuries like cable television, gaming systems, specialty food menus, internet and computer access, etc. have been afforded to them. Prison shouldn't be a place people want to go to, which is not the case currently for many people. The people in prisons should be made to work hard, get an opportunity to educate and reform themselves and pay their debt to society. It shouldn't be a glorified dorm or country club.
  • Repair our foreign relations policies. Our government has acted like complete jackasses for the past eight years, where the rest of the world is concerned. We have a big public image problem with our peers that needs some serious attention through diplomacy and a bit of humility. We aren't the world's police, though there are instances where it makes sense for us to provide help, such as in Darfur, not for political or economic gain but because it's the right thing to do for humanity.
  • Focus on problems at home. We have problems with mid to high level jobs being offshored en masse. That has to stop. We have homelessness, drug problems of epidemic proportions with crack and meth, education system issues, race and economic class issues, and so forth. Instead of being the world's police each and every chance we get, these things need to be addressed.
  • Fix the budget. We went from the largest economic surplus in history to the worst deficit we've ever seen in a little over two years when Bush entered office. We must start addressing this debt immediately.
  • Restructure social security so that it will be truly viable for the future.
  • Health care reform. Costs for insurance coverage and deductibles, medical care and prescription drugs are astronomically high, and for no real reason other than the folks running the show can get away with it. Something has to change to make medical care and prescription medications more accessible to the American population. I don't know that socialized medicine is the solution, but a task force to investigate the situation and come up with some solutions needs to be formed
  • Protection of our citizen's civil liberties and free speech. No more wire tapping schemes. No more NSA Carnivore programs. No more camera systems all over Manhattan. No more squashing people's political views just because the differ from mine. Everyone should have their say in this country, even if they are wrong. :p

In short, let's fix this place! :up:

jag

Remember kids, if you can't afford costly health care you deserve to die.

Hmmm....a few thoughts:
  • Kill the "No Child Allowed To Excel" program and get teachers back to actually teaching our kids rather than preparing them to regurgitate competency exam answers. Special attention to math, sciences, English and music and art programs. We are falling behind the rest of the world when it comes to preparing our kids for success, thereby endangering our own future as a nation.
  • Map out a proper, realistic exit strategy for Iraq with the help of people who actually understand the culture and environment there and in the rest of the Middle East so as to minimize negative impact and make the most of the situation overall.
  • Kill all the lobbyists. Corporate America runs our government right now and that has to end. They aren't serving the public's best interests. They're serving their own.
  • Economic reform that takes the middle and lower economic classes into consideration. The wealth in this country needs to start being redistributed back out to them.
  • Legalize marijuana and regulate and tax it just like tobacco and alcohol. I'm not a pot smoker or even a real advocate, but we've wasted far too many dollars on the "War On Pot" and convicted way too many young people for a drug no more evil than alcohol it on the "three strikes" laws, which have overcrowded our jails and prisons even more than they are.
  • Prison reform. Far too many luxuries like cable television, gaming systems, specialty food menus, internet and computer access, etc. have been afforded to them. Prison shouldn't be a place people want to go to, which is not the case currently for many people. The people in prisons should be made to work hard, get an opportunity to educate and reform themselves and pay their debt to society. It shouldn't be a glorified dorm or country club.
  • Repair our foreign relations policies. Our government has acted like complete jackasses for the past eight years, where the rest of the world is concerned. We have a big public image problem with our peers that needs some serious attention through diplomacy and a bit of humility. We aren't the world's police, though there are instances where it makes sense for us to provide help, such as in Darfur, not for political or economic gain but because it's the right thing to do for humanity.
  • Focus on problems at home. We have problems with mid to high level jobs being offshored en masse. That has to stop. We have homelessness, drug problems of epidemic proportions with crack and meth, education system issues, race and economic class issues, and so forth. Instead of being the world's police each and every chance we get, these things need to be addressed.
  • Fix the budget. We went from the largest economic surplus in history to the worst deficit we've ever seen in a little over two years when Bush entered office. We must start addressing this debt immediately.
  • Restructure social security so that it will be truly viable for the future.
  • Health care reform. Costs for insurance coverage and deductibles, medical care and prescription drugs are astronomically high, and for no real reason other than the folks running the show can get away with it. Something has to change to make medical care and prescription medications more accessible to the American population. I don't know that socialized medicine is the solution, but a task force to investigate the situation and come up with some solutions needs to be formed
  • Protection of our citizen's civil liberties and free speech. No more wire tapping schemes. No more NSA Carnivore programs. No more camera systems all over Manhattan. No more squashing people's political views just because the differ from mine. Everyone should have their say in this country, even if they are wrong. :p
In short, let's fix this place! :up:

jag

I'd vote for you, you're better than any of these ass clowns out here who are running.

I could care less how old any of you are-If you cant argue the point without becoming insulting -it doesn't matter what age you are.

For those that dont know we already have socialized medicine-No I'm not talking about County Hospitals.I'm talking about patients that dont pay their bills which are then offset by State and Federal resources.

They tally up all those unpaid bills at the end of the year-And the Hospital gets broken off a check.Plain and simple
Kind of unfair compared to the way County Hospitals are funded wouldn't you agree?\
The idea that-If we take the next step-Have ALL the bills paid for by Federal taxes,,..is somehow going to bring down the level of care-or the education of the doctor giving you treatment is absurd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"