The Force Awakens Force awakens Bluray and 4k?

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
So there was some news like a week or so ago on **************s.com about how some movies are going to get start coming out in 4k this year like man of steel. So I was wondering do you think there is any changes of this movie coming out in 4k bluray? I don't have a 4k tv yet but if movies where to start coming out on bluray in 4k with a regular bluray included and not costing much more I would start to get them. So that way I wouldn't have to rebuy 4k bluray and spend more money has I don't like to rebuy movies that I already have just because they look better on bluray in less the bluray has more new special features or something.

So there was some news like a week or so ago on **************s.com about how some movies are going to get start coming out in 4k this year like man of steel. So I was wondering do you think there is any changes of this movie coming out in 4k bluray? I don't have a 4k tv yet but if movies where to start coming out on bluray in 4k with a regular bluray included and not costing much more I would start to get them. So that way I wouldn't have to rebuy 4k bluray and spend more money has I don't like to rebuy movies that I already have just because they look better on bluray in less the bluray has more new special features or something.

So far all the 4K UHD releases that have been announced include an UHD Blu-ray disc, a HD Blu-ray disc, and a digital HD copy. As for price, the 4K UHD releases of The Martian and Exodus and Fox's other UHD releases are $29.99 on Amazon and $25.99 on Fox Connect. The Amazon prices might drop before the release date. The MSRP is $39.99, but most places won't sell them for that price.

Also, you don't necessarily need a 4K tv to benefit from 4K releases. 4K players can be used on a 1080P tv. The player downscales the UHD movie to 1080p. Similar to watching a 1080p blu-ray on a 720p tv. However, even though the UHD version is downscaled on a 1080p tv you would still be benefiting from the better video compression (due to UHD discs having more space and better compression codecs), and you would be benefiting from the better audio formats (Dolby Atmos and DTS-X) and better audio bitrates.

As for TFA, it's a guarantee that TFA will get a UHD release. The UHD release might come out later than the blu-ray and DVD release, but there will definitely be a UHD release.

Last edited:
I want my UHD so bad. One of the most visually striking movies with natural colors.

i'm dreading already getting my favorite movies again on a 4K format.. but i dont think I will replace every bluray i got.

So far all the 4K UHD releases that have been announced include an UHD Blu-ray disc, a HD Blu-ray disc, and a digital HD copy. As for price, the 4K UHD releases of The Martian and Exodus and Fox's other UHD releases are $29.99 on Amazon and $25.99 on Fox Connect. The Amazon prices might drop before the release date. The MSRP is $39.99, but most places won't sell them for that price.

Also, you don't necessarily need a 4K tv to benefit from 4K releases. 4K players can be used on a 1080P tv. The player downscales the UHD movie to 1080p. Similar to watching a 1080p blu-ray on a 720p tv. However, even though the UHD version is downscaled on a 1080p tv you would still be benefiting from the better video compression (due to UHD discs having more space and better compression codecs), and you would be benefiting from the better audio formats (Dolby Atmos and DTS-X) and better audio bitrates.

As for TFA, it's a guarantee that TFA will get a UHD release. The UHD release might come out later than the blu-ray and DVD release, but there will definitely be a UHD release.

Oh ok I thought they would maybe be really expensive because I remember back when bluray first like came out a lot of bluray movies where like $40 and like 15 more then the DVD version of the movie. Oh I forgot you would need to buy a new player for the 4k blurays lol. So yeah most likely it will be a while before I get that. I didn't know about the movie still looking better even on a 1080p tv. Right now I have about a 8-9 year old 720p tv that can upscale to 1080p but is not 1080p so that may be why I don't think bluray looks has good has people act like. But I have seen 4k tvs and wow just wow they look amazing! I am hoping in a few years that I can get a 4k 3d 60 inch TV for around $1000. I had never heard of 4k up in till like 2014 and never saw one in till 2015 and I no they started to go down in price just last year. So they don't do a DVD with the 4k version to just bluray lol.

i'm dreading already getting my favorite movies again on a 4K format.. but i dont think I will replace every bluray i got.

Yeah I don't even really replace my dvd's with blurays lol. I think rebuying movies you already have just because they look better on bluray is a waste of money in less it has some new special features.

Are the movies that are coming out on 4k getting full special features or are they bare bones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"