Forever

According to Wikipedia (not always accurate I know) Adam is voiced by Heroes/AOS Adrian Pasdar

Finally caught up with this series.

That was a slightly odd episode with the S&M. The dominatrix was hot though. I'm glad that Henry isn't being killed off in every episode otherwise that's always an easy escape.

Always nice to see Hilarie Burton and I thought they approached the subject matter in a refreshing way. I wonder if we'll see her again.

Random thought : as a pocket watch fan I was thinking no way his time piece would not have been taken by a passerby before the cop find it.
Abe's ex-wife was Jane Seymour right or did my brain farted ?
I got bored and dropped Elementary, this show is an OK replacement.

Random thought : as a pocket watch fan I was thinking no way his time piece would not have been taken by a passerby before the cop find it.
Abe's ex-wife was Jane Seymour right or did my brain farted ?
I got bored and dropped Elementary, this show is an OK replacement.

Yes Abe's ex was Jane Seymour. I couldn't even think of her name at first wanted to call her Joan Collins.:o

She should whip out her medicine woman skills and aid the investigation. :o

The conversation between Henry and Abe about music at the start of this weeks ep was funny. :D I am also liking Henry's sidekick, he's a quirky contrast to Henry's straight forwardness.

The basic story this week is one I've seen used a number of times in this type of show.

Exciting mid-season finale this week which brought some things to a head.

So "Adam" is in fact the therapist at Bellvue hospital, played by the creepy guy from The Dark Knight Rises.

I thought it might be him. First off, he looks creepy, and second, although he had an English accent, his voice was similar enough in tone to Adam's that if he put on an American accent he would sound just like him. And in fact, it did turn out to be him.

I thought that he was trying to throw Henry off the scent by suggesting that other patient. But how did the therapist get personally recommended to Henry out of all the people he could have seen?

I thought that Henry might confide in Jo, but I guess they're leaving that until later. At some point though I think he probably will have to tell her the truth. This would've been a prime opportunity though with Abraham there to verify things so that it wouldn't look like Henry is completely insane.

I just realized that Adam is played by Burn Gorman, who was Owen on the Torchwood series a few years ago...

I love that they had a Highlander reference in this episode. In fact at times the show reminds me of Highlander mainly Henry's 'son' who he raises as a kid and now as an adult is Henry's oldest friend, just like Connor and that girl he met in WWII and she later works for him as an adult.

As soon as I saw Burn Gorman's name in the credits I knew he was Adam. He is too much of a 'name actor to just be playing a random therapist in a show like Forever.

I just realized that Adam is played by Burn Gorman, who was Owen on the Torchwood series a few years ago...

He was also in The Dark Knight Rises, Game Of Thrones, Pacific Rim, Turn and Layer Cake.

As soon as I saw Burn Gorman's name in the credits I knew he was Adam. He is too much of a "creepy actor" to just be playing a random therapist in a show like Forever.

He was also in The Dark Knight Rises, Game Of Thrones, Pacific Rim, Turn and Layer Cake.

Fixed. :oldrazz:

He was also in Revenge for a few episodes.

It looks like they've already gotten a creepy and good nemesis for Henry Morgan, unlike Red John in the Mentalist, who turned out to be a disappointment despite building him up for 6 seasons. At least here they haven't strung him out too long and have gotten a good actor in the part right from the start.

I would've liked for the therapist to have featured a bit more in previous episodes beforehand though before having the revelation.

I recall reading that Adrian Pasdar was the voice of Adam on the telephone before. Don't know if that was true. But Burn Gorman does have a similar enough voice to how Adam has sounded all along.

I had a feeling the shrink was going to be Adam but the way they revealed it was effective and he makes an ideal creepy nemesis for Henry. Killing both victims and framing Henry, then using the serial killer as a deluded dupe promising him immortality was pretty ingenious.

As far as when Henry tells Jo, I think it needs to be soon as she will hit the "Lois" wall of accepting coincidence and excuses.

Overall this show has been the surprise of the season for me, really good. :up:

during that drowning scene I couldn't help but, think (since he's always reborn in water) what if he was reborn back in the cab and was still stuck under water, and just kept drowning over and over again

an on a side note, since the whole waking up naked in the river thing has happened to him many times, you would think he'd start stashing a change of cloth near the water where he could find it (I know he never knows when it's going to happen, or where he'll wake up, but, still)

Last edited:
as do Crispin Glover and Robin Lord Taylor, as well...

Those two and Burn Gorman should star in a show or make a movie together. I don't know what it could be though. A creepy version of the Three Amigos maybe?

during that drowning scene I couldn't help but, think (since he's always reborn in water) what if he was reborn back in the cab and was still stuck under water, and just kept drowning over and over again

an on a side note, since the whole waking up naked in the river thing has happened to him many time, you would think he'd start stashing a change of cloth near the water where he could find it (I know he never knows when it's going to happen, or where he'll wake up, but, still)

Would be cool if somehow Henry's immortality got transferred to Jo for an episode. Then she could wake up in the water naked and have to walk back to the precinct without any clothes. :hehe:

Unless of course, she gets picked up by the police, but then they might still not give her anything to wear.

an on a side note, since the whole waking up naked in the river thing has happened to him many times, you would think he'd start stashing a change of cloth near the water where he could find it (I know he never knows when it's going to happen, or where he'll wake up, but, still)
I was thinking the exact same thing when it happened. lol

Henry never rematerialises in the same place that he died though, so that wouldn't happen unless there were a big enough container in the river to trap him.

Henry never rematerialises in the same place that he died though, so that wouldn't happen unless there were a big enough container in the river to trap him.
what if the water was frozen over?

Billy Baldwin was looking really haggard in this weeks ep. I liked the bit of backstory on Abe and his old war buddies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"