• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman Returns Forget The Godfather????

gdw

Superhero
Reaction score
I couldn't find where I got this link from, otherwise I'd post there, and honestly I do not know who these guys are, but I would like to see the reviews they are talking about.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=454013CF1066A18C

Any who, one of them says that a review guy said forget about SR being the best Superman movie ever, instead he said it's possibly THE best MOVIE, period.

Well I must say that I would love for that to be true, but I don't really even know who they are, as I said, so if someone could perhaps inlighten me, and also, we can discuss the potential for Superman Returns to be, not only the "Cing of Comicbooks Captured for the Cinema," but the one of the best films ever.

What do you guys think?

We will all answer that question June 30 (at least USA/Canada)

lol, yes but what about the potential? If we took that mentality with everything, there'd be nothing to discuss.

They sound British.....maybe an advanced screening?

I heard about this on the radio today, and I highly doubt any film released nowadays can scale the heights of Godfather.

Did these two even see the movie?

I think it's possible. If Brandon, Kate and Jason hit the tone of those hospital scenes from the novelization perfectly, I think it's possible. The emotional content of those scenes give me a casablanca/titanic-esque feel.

I wonder who this journalist who saw an advance screening was?

But wow......building up the anticipation.

Showtime029 said:
Did these two even see the movie?

have anyone of these reviewer's seen the film, just seems like some of these comments are made up.

Well, I can say this much...

You need to have big "cojones" to say something like that. And if they saw a screening already and have it as THE BEST movie ever.

My God in heaven, fans will see this movie 7X (at least)

The Game said:
I heard about this on the radio today, and I highly doubt any film released nowadays can scale the heights of Godfather.

What exactly did you personally hear? This whole thing sound wacky to me.....

The Game said:
have anyone of these reviewer's seen the film, just seems like some of these comments are made up.

Chris Gore said he knows two people who have seen a 2hr. 51min. cut of the film and they said the movie is absolutely amazing. For anyone who doesn't know who Chris Gore is, he appears on Attack of The Show to talk about DVDs.

VGPOP said:
Well, I can say this much...

You need to have big "cojones" to say something like that. And if they saw a screening already and have it as THE BEST movie ever.

My God in heaven, fans will see this movie 7X (at least)

I saw the first X-Men over ten times in theater :D

Hmmm who is this very respected journalist whos seen the film and called it the best ever?

War Party said:
Chris Gore said he knows two people who have seen a 2hr. 51min. cut of the film and they said the movie is absolutely amazing. For anyone who doesn't know who Chris Gore is, he appears on Attack of The Show to talk about DVDs.

Oh awesomeness :up:

Pickle-El said:
What exactly did you personally hear? This whole thing sound wacky to me.....

A radio jockey said that, these two guys have reportedly seen the film at a special screening (maybe Cannes) and have called it the best film EVER, better than The Godfather, when I heard that i was like WTF.

bosef982 said:
Are these guys legit?

Yes. They are just talking about SOMEONE ELSE'S review. They themselves havent seen it. But that journalist apparently did.

Kane said:
Oh awesomeness :up:

Chris said he was told that the film should be cut down to around 2hr. 15min.-2hr. 20min.

That's the mp3 I captured off the BBC 1 radio feed because I thought it was a cool mention. Don't know much about the show though.

War Party said:

I hope they keep that length.

War Party said:
Chris said he was told that the film should be cut down to around 2hr. 15min.-2hr. 20min.

Thats fine. I wouldnt mind that for viewing purposes for the general audience..

But the DVD will obviously have the full cut :)

Why can't they release both and let audiences decide?

That's a lot to cut, isn't it? About 30 minutes of the film.

Better than the Godfather? LOL! I highly doubt it.

Hehe, I needed captions for some of that talking.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Better than the Godfather? LOL! I highly doubt it.

Hehe, I needed captions for some of that talking.

Did you really caption that?

I have Windows Media 10 and I cannot find that info

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"