Fox's Own Superheroes: A Daring Duo at the Studio

So true. Though I would have to guess that Sabertooth falling onto the boat wasnt part of his plan. I would call that a major kink.

But that is part of what makes movies what they are. T

PowersOfMind said:
So true. Though I would have to guess that Sabertooth falling onto the boat wasnt part of his plan. I would call that a major kink.

But that is part of what makes movies what they are. T

And why did they take a boat? Didn't they still have Kelly's helicopter??

danoyse said:
I'm from NY, and I watched it with a friend who's father and brother are in the NYPD, she was cracking up at how easy it was. Not to mention how the X-Men arrived at the crown of the Statue and weren't utterly out of breath from all those stairs (I've been on enough school field trips there to know what a climb that is).

But we love the movie, we were just chuckling at some of it. :)

It's like how Superman lets bullets deflect off of him on the old TV show, but ducks when the guy throws the actual gun.

Got ya. If you want to make comparisons between small issues like this and the glaring problems with the script mechanics that were clearly present in X3 then go ahead. I won't try and stop you. I didn't notice what you were talking about at all when I watched the movie multiple times and it hasn't occured to me in the last six years. Now that you've mentioned it, yes, it's worth considering. But the caliber of those problems doesn't come close to what it was in 'the Last crap'. There are things in X3 that made me go 'what the heck?' the very first time I saw it.

So I don't know where you're going with this at all...

fallenAngel said:
I agree with that. I think they just wanted to use a historical landmark. Sort of the anti statue of liberty. Since alcatraz represents imprisonment.

The only part about the bridge i don't understand it why he connected it to the main land, did he want more back up troops to easily get there, or to have a viable escape route in case things went ill. as they did.

Uhm, well, certainly Magneto could've used any alternative number of ways to destroy Leech and the Worthington labs at Alcatraz.

He and his merry mutants could've rowed, rowed, rowed a boat through the channel till they reached the island.

Or he could've simply caused all the metal in the building to fail, thus crushing everything and everyone inside.

But any action movie needs a good set piece or two, and in this one, the Bridge scene was one of them. Magneto is an arrogant mutant and very sure of his powers, so as someone else in this thread stated, it was meant to be a display of strength, a show of might, a tour de force(that cape is there for a reason, friends).

And yes, I agree that Alcatraz stood in for Liberty Island in this installment (I guess one reason humans hate mutants so much is because of their penchant for re-arranging popular U.S. landmarks. I'd like X:4 to be set in Paris, then, with the climax at the Eiffel Tower, mais oui!)

As for escape, again, Magneto must've been so sure of his victory that any idea of having to escape must've seemed laughable to him. After all, he DID have the Phoenix as his Ultimate Weapon.

danoyse said:
Hey wait...I thought you loved "The Breakup"?! :p

I did love the break-up. A lot more than X-men 3. It just speaks very poorly of X-men 3's reputation that it got upstaged so badly.

I agree about Sony. Fox should have had these people signed on for 3 movies right from the start. They clearly didn't want to fork over the cash to bring back that entire cast and creative team (which was going to cost them a fortune after the success of the first 2) and make a huge 3rd film.

I bet they paid more money making sure this rushed hacked together project got released before Superman Returns than it would have if Singer and co. returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"