Frasier revival in the works (Paramount +)

@DKDetective speaking of inappropriate age gaps. :lmao:

Are there no actors closer to Kelsey's age?
The actor who played Siobhan is 57 and June is 43, which is almost a decade older than Cutmore-Scott...
For an episode about father and son being confused about which of them the blind date was meant for, the ages of the actors playing the female love interests were pretty decent.

The actor who played Siobhan is 57 and June is 43, which is almost a decade older than Cutmore-Scott...
For an episode about father and son being confused about which of them the blind date was meant for, the ages of the actors playing the female love interests were pretty decent.
She looks good for 57. I was expecting late 40s.

This episode was more like classic Frasier. Except before it would've been Frasier and Niles thinking it was their date. It had that farcical element with them going in and out of the kitchen and missing each other or the typical misunderstandings reminiscent of the old show.

I actually like the kitchen of the apartment. The Rorschach wallpaper is still too busy and is distracting.

Latest episode was pretty good.

A nice psychological deep dive into the mind of a Crane

Freddy and David bonding over intellectual discussion was nice and made me believe this was the seed of Lilith and Frasier.

*Drunken Freddy speaking French and going on rants about Psychology*

*Frasier crying tears of joy*: MY BABY BOY!

I don't think it's a great show by any means, but I do enjoy it. The actors have good chemistry, and Kelsey Grammer still nails his character. It's like TV comfort food basically.

I do miss the original cast and their dynamic with each other, but the new characters are fairly solid.

The original series was mostly about Frasier and his dad. I like that his son is more like his grandfather than his father and they have trouble connecting as a result.

Roz, Daphne, Niles, Marty and Eddie were a dynamite supporting cast and hard to beat.

But I do like how Freddy takes after Marty, but is still in many ways Frasier and Lilith's son.

Allan is the breakout character IMO. Eve and Olivia are also very solid. David is still the weakest of the new bunch.

Im happy that Roz is coming back next episode.

Freddy and David bonding over intellectual discussion was nice and made me believe this was the seed of Lilith and Frasier.

I remember they spent either a full episode or part of an episode in the original (while Daphne was still pregnant with David) trying to figure out what his name was going to be and Roz took over naming the child and years later he got rejected from a prestigious school because Roz named him Ichabod.

I remember they spent either a full episode or part of an episode in the original (while Daphne was still pregnant with David) trying to figure out what his name was going to be and Roz took over naming the child and years later he got rejected from a prestigious school because Roz named him Ichabod.
Probably lost his head over that.

Same ole Roz, as snarky to Frasier as always. I remember times in the old series where their friendship was on the rocks because of Frasier's relationship with Felicity Huffman's character. He eventually chose his friendship with Roz. Also, their tribute to Martin was a nice touch.

I liked that they mentioned Alice as she was very important to Roz.

It's too bad that Freddie and David never met their grandmother, Hester Crane. However in David's case, my guess is that both her mother's parents are still alive (as is actress Millicent Martin who plays Daphne's mom. Obviously Brian Cox is still alive).

You who would be a fun character to add to the mix?

Roz's daughter Alice.

You who would be a fun character to add to the mix?

Roz's daughter Alice.
She's a monogomist girl who prefers a long term relationship... are we sure she's Roz's kid?

She's a monogomist girl who prefers a long term relationship... are we sure she's Roz's kid?

I wonder if Alice was at the funeral for Martin? She would have told everyone about the time Martin told her about Animal heaven.

Last edited:
Do we know if Martin was still married to Ronnie when he died?

Also, I am not expecting any Cheers cameos outside of Lillith. I do hope that there's an explanation as to what happened to Cheers. In the old series, he finally had closure with Diane. Still going with my theory about Cheers:

Sam sold Cheers, moved to Hawaii, bought a Tiki bar on the beach. Carla found out about this and forced Sam to hire her or she'd cut his ears off so she moved to Hawaii as well (all of her children moved out). Woody hadn't been working there for years, traveling across the country with Kelly once the kids moved out, even going back to Hanover, Indiana. Norm and Cliff are still regulars at Cheers, and communicate with Sam, Carla and Woody via Skype.

Do we know if Martin was still married to Ronnie when he died?

Also, I am not expecting any Cheers cameos outside of Lillith. I do hope that there's an explanation as to what happened to Cheers. In the old series, he finally had closure with Diane. Still going with my theory about Cheers:

Sam sold Cheers, moved to Hawaii, bought a Tiki bar on the beach. Carla found out about this and forced Sam to hire her or she'd cut his ears off so she moved to Hawaii as well (all of her children moved out). Woody hadn't been working there for years, traveling across the country with Kelly once the kids moved out, even going back to Hanover, Indiana. Norm and Cliff are still regulars at Cheers, and communicate with Sam, Carla and Woody via Skype.
In the Christmas episode, Frasier said he got some of Martin's stuff like the infamous Dancing Santa from Ronee.

So I rewatched the whole season again, and the way that Martin was addressed was perfect. I am hoping that it becomes a model for any shows that they want to bring back: to write a character off from the original in a classy way whose actor has passed on. I wonder how King of the Hill will address Dale, Luanne and Lucky since their actors have passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"