Fraud in our Voting System (Voting and Registration Fraud): Your Thoughts!

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
Once again today I'm watching the news and more voter fraud is popping up around the country. Today's fraud was in the area of "Absentee Voting".

More states are now looking at allowing people to vote with only their DL, or registering the day they vote.....

[FONT=Verdana, arial, helvetica]
Absentee voting has been expanded in 25 states. This reduces public controls and expands opportunity for election fraud.
Risky electoral conditions are being introduced because someone says "Why don't we just mail ballots?" Election officials are pitching vote by mail as convenient and safe. Journalists don't always obtain an opposing point of view before publishing stories on this risky new trend. Half the USA has now shifted to no-fault absentee voting. Here is an opposing point of view, along with sources and citations for vote-by-mail incidents.

No-fault absentee voting is now enabled in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, and Wyoming; Forced all-vote-by-mail is in place in Washington and Oregon; no-fault vote-by-mail is proposed but not yet passed in Alabama, District of Columbia, Indiana, Missouri and Wisconsin. A federal bill (Universal Right to Vote by Mail Act: H.R. 1604) proposes to enforce no-fault absentee voting nationwide.

Areas with need-based absentee voting typically average about 12% absentee voting, including overseas, military, sick and shut-in, elderly, and out-of-towners. Areas with "no-fault absentee" gradually increase from about 25% (early stages) to over 50% (after no-fault absentee used for several years), increasing the size of the at-risk vote pool.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,sans serif][FONT=verdana,sans serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, arial, helvetica]TOP TEN PROBLEMS WITH EXPANDING ABSENTEE VOTING:

1. Absentee voting conceals who actually casts the votes. A real person doesn't show up to vote, eliminating a crucial public control for elections.

2. Absentee voting has difficult challenges for ballot chain of custody. Even locations that claim to use video surveillance sometimes turn off cameras, send them out for maintenance, or decide not to use them while elections are in progress.[SIZE=-2](1)(2)

3. Absentee voting has a history of inside tampering by election officials.[SIZE=-2](3)[/SIZE]

4. Absentee voting uses unregulated and concealed software to authorize votes. The unregulated "VoteRemote" software purchased by Diebold/Premier was designed by convicted embezzler Jeffrey Dean, who spent four years in prison for computer fraud. Court records show that Dean began working on VoteRemote for King County, Washington while still in prison, on a work release program.[SIZE=-2](4) [/SIZE]

5. Absentee voting eliminates ballot privacy when used in combination with ballot tracking or incorrectly designed ballot authentication software. A ballot tracking program used in San Juan County (Wash.) removed voter privacy and altered ballot approvals during the canvassing period and even after the canvassing period had expired, and misreported who had voted and who had not.[SIZE=-2](5) [/SIZE]

6. Absentee voting expansion has a partisan history: Nearly all legislation to expand vote by mail and no-fault absentee is introduced by Democrats, and nearly all sponsors in both state and federal pro-absentee voting legislation are Democrats.

7. Signature comparison isn't what people think: It uses electronic facsimiles, not physical signatures. These can be swapped and altered electronically, and in fact, signatures do not need to match at all! In Lake County Indiana, a set of rejected absentee ballots were simply changed to "accepted" after the matching process.(6) All this requires is replacement of "no" with "yes" in a database, which can be done after signature checks. In Washington State the paw print of a dog named Duncan passed signature checking for two elections in a row.[SIZE=-2](7) [/SIZE]

8. Vote by mail is sold to the public using questionable data. Contrary to what supporters claim, vote by mail does not necessarily increase turnout. According to data from the US Election Assistance Commission, all vote-by-mail Oregon was squarely in the middle of the pack for voter turnout.[SIZE=-2](8)[/SIZE] Also, Oregon reports impossible numbers: Out of 2.5 million ballots mailed in the 2006 general election, Oregon reported zero ballots returned undeliverable, and Oregon says only 54 were received after the deadline.[SIZE=-2](9)[/SIZE]

9. Ballot printers have a history of mailing wrong ballots, omitted ballots, and late ballots. During the crucial 2008 general election, Sequoia Voting Systems reported to Denver County (Colo.) that it had mailed 21,450 ballots, when it actually only mailed 10,364 ballots.[SIZE=-2](10)[/SIZE] Only when voters complained did Sequoia admit that it never sent the ballots. In Sutter County (Calif) Sequoia mailed absentee ballots missing ballot questions, but only for some voters.[SIZE=-2](11) [/SIZE]

10. Absentee voting enables cheat-peeks: Computer logs from Pima County, Arizona show that election workers were printing absentee results before election day; e-mails obtained with public records requests show they were passing early results around like baseball scores, giving unfair advantage to those candidates selected to receive them.

BlackBoxVoting.org

[/SIZE][/FONT]What could this mean for the 2010 Elections, as well as the 2012 Presidential Election?
[FONT=Verdana, arial, helvetica]
[/FONT]

The Democrat and Republican dichotomy is a fraud if you ask me :o

That may be true, but the reality is....that is what we are working with at the moment.

I've heard other studies, especially during the Bush years, that voter fraud came mainly from republican operatives. So I guess it's where you get your information.

The state of Oregon has entire mail-in ballots with little problem.

I've heard other studies, especially during the Bush years, that voter fraud came mainly from republican operatives. So I guess it's where you get your information.

The state of Oregon has entire mail-in ballots with little problem.

Please show us the studies, I would love to read those....and bring them into this discussion. Post all the sources you have, the more the better as far as I'm concerned.

I have several sources to put up over the next few weeks, this is one I just posted to get us started......post all you have.

Please show us the studies, I would love to read those....and bring them into this discussion. Post all the sources you have, the more the better as far as I'm concerned.

I have several sources to put up over the next few weeks, this is one I just posted to get us started......post all you have.
Just Google:

Bush voter fraud site:democraticunderground.com
Bush voter fraud site:thinkprogress.org
Bush voter fraud site:mediamatters.org

Approximately what she will put down :funny:

I am so going to get flamed for this :woot::up:

Last edited:
???? there is humor there? noooot seeing it...

I kind of wonder if both parties do it so much, it kind of cancels each other out mathematically.

Well yeah, but still doesn't make it right....

I sat on the jury last Spring, for a drug dealer who shot another drug dealer and killed him....2 week trial, both were dirty, but murder is murder, no matter who is murdered....a drug dealer is off the street yeah, but still he was murdered....and the other drug dealer is off the street in prison for the next 30 years, but it was still murder.....both are off the street, but it was still murder.

Perhaps I am just getting cynical. But the root is so BS and flawed to begin with, whether someone plays by the rules in this flawed system come across as... moot.

Greg didn’t just expose the mugging of democracy. As a University of Chicago trained researcher, he was able to detail how Katherine Harris used an outside vendor to create caging lists that prevented legitimate voters from casting their ballots. In fact, Greg has a laptop presentation that actually shows you the lists that Harris’s office worked from in keeping minorities from voting.

- In the swing state of Colorado, we found that the Republican Secretary of State wiped out 19.4% - one in five - voter names in an unnoticed mass purge.
- In swing-state New Mexico, in the February caucus, one in nine Democrats found their names missing from the voter rolls supplied by the State. The elections supervisor of San Miguel County - whose own name was missing from the rolls - has no confidence the state contractors will fix it. Our statistical analysis showed there was a direct relationship between your name and your race and income. The poor and the dark were disappeared.
- In Indiana, you heard about 10 nuns who lost their vote because their ID - drivers' licenses - had expired (they were all over eighty). But what about the others? We've calculated that 143,000 others were turned away - disproportionately Blacks and new voters.

And so on and so on.

http://www.gregpalast.com/voting-fraud-is-a-fraud-buzzflash-interviews-greg-palast/

Just Google:

Bush voter fraud site:democraticunderground.com
Bush voter fraud site:thinkprogress.org
Bush voter fraud site:mediamatters.org

Approximately what she will put down :funny:

I am so going to get flamed for this :woot::up:

You wouldn't expect to find this info on FOX, now would you? :oldrazz:

Me watching Fox? I am not a masochist :funny:

Hey at least you read. Great book called: "How to Watch TV News" by Neil Postman.

Voter Fraud requires thousands of participants making a lot of effort to obtain the right to vote in booths or via mail. Not a big problem stastistically based on the numbers actually uncovered.

It is ELECTION Fraud, that has the big potential to mess things up. A corrupted election system can disenfranchise thousands of voters. An electronic voting system that has no paper trail is vulnerable to computer hacking with no reliable method of correcting the numbers to what they truly were.

Well yeah, but still doesn't make it right....

I sat on the jury last Spring, for a drug dealer who shot another drug dealer and killed him....2 week trial, both were dirty, but murder is murder, no matter who is murdered....a drug dealer is off the street yeah, but still he was murdered....and the other drug dealer is off the street in prison for the next 30 years, but it was still murder.....both are off the street, but it was still murder.

There is a point to this re: Fraudlent elections?

It was to dox, he understands the analogy.

Perhaps I am just getting cynical. But the root is so BS and flawed to begin with, whether someone plays by the rules in this flawed system come across as... moot.

Yeah, it really doesn't matter. That's not cynical, the people telling you your vote counts are the cynics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"