Free Jimmy! (aka The R-Rated Animated Comedy You've Probably Never Heard Of!)

ImTheWombat

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://imdb.com/title/tt0298337/

I watched this movie the other day, having never heard of it. The plot sounded ridiculous enough for me to be at least SLIGHTLY entertained and it's from Norway (I'm a sucker for the oddities of foreign cinema).

It's a dark comedy about a heroin and speed addicted elephant being sought after by 4 different groups for four different reasons.

It features the voices of Simon Pegg and Woody Harrelson, among other well-known names.

Now, I didn't really care for the movie too much. The story was a bit slipshod and wacky for the sake of being wacky. The animation was nothing stellar (its no Pixar movie) and even verged on being downright ****ty in some scenes. You may ask yourself why I'm posting about this movie if I didn't like it very much, and that's a good question with a good answer.

A dialogue-free subplot of the film featured the elephant on the lam and going through withdrawl being taken care of by a friendly moose. In such a vulgar and morally defunct film (which is the reason why I kept watching it regardless of how ****y it was), this endearing beautifully executed sub-plot was the last thing I ever expected to encounter and definitely became the high-point of the film.

Overall, there are some funny moments, but the film itself kind of sucks a lot. However, I think people should make it a point to try and see it, simply for that absolutely phenomenal subplot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"