Free MMORPG's

EverQuest 2 ( Extended ) is free ( free like LotRO, you can upgrade your account /purchase stuff if you want but you don't have too ).

I played EQ2 a couple of years when it launched, it is a solid Fantasy game.

PS : Guild Wars is not a MMOPRG, Guild Wars 2 will be.

PS2 : check out mmorpg.com web site.

Last edited:
a friend got me hooked on Perfect world and a month later i installed WoW, was not impressed at all with all the hype (the graphics were the most painful thing about that game, i mean really GUYS a WoW game with that type of graphix and its still #1 in online gaming ....sheesh)

uninstalled it after 10 days and stuck with something more appealing (PWI)
installed BATTLE OF IMMORTALS (what ever you beat you can keep as a pet including a Anubis warrior from The mummy movies, a Gargoyle, and a Naga)

Forsaken world (vampire themed game , still looking around in the game rather than giving it a actuall attempt so im not sure what to expect. )

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/

the only other thing i used to play (before the Pedos took over) were Gaiaonline and IMVU

Last edited:
What do you mean by "the opening"?

wowscrnshot061411175547.jpg

Also: Shogun 2

5F9DB43E09B8969B990F19177107055073BC510E

Interesting. I never found Hellfire Peninsula to be all that special. Nagrand on the other hand, I thought was beautiful; one of my favorite areas in the game.

Last edited:
I actually hear that Monkey Quest, a game Nick advertises ALL the time is pretty fun. I may try that out.

Last edited:
City of Heroes is going to be relauching as a free to play game.

Lord of the Rings Online is the best free to play MMORG out there IMO. Everyone is different but to me its not only the best looking one out there (if you have the card for it), its meticulously detailed from the Tolkien books so you get to interact with events and characters from that mythology which is awesome.

DDO has many good qualities also but it seems to be designed for a "party" and if you don't have a group to regularly play with it can be a pain. I've also found many of the people on there very clannish. That is true to some extent about many games, but it seems to be worse than others to me.

City of Heroes is a fun game with the best character creator out there. You will find yourself making characters alot, playing with the different creation choices. Its weakness imo is the powersets and how they line them up doesn't give you as many choices for power combinations as you might think. Its re-playability is better than it used to be now also. Its not free to play yet but will be soon.

I didn't much care for LotR Online at all. I mean, I love that world but.... Eh.

I played LORT Online a little when it first went free to play. I really liked it. I just stopped playing because I ran out of time for it between work and school.

A game that Wow and GW's will like that is f2p, that is pretty amazing is Runes of Magic. Graphically stunning, game play is amazing, and ability to mix classes adds a whole new side to the game. The mounts are nice and it's updated a lot. Plus they have PVP servers at after level 15 anyone can attack anyone with a justice system that you can be good or evil. Very cool game I advise it for anyone looking for an in depth mmorpg. I hope it wins the golden joysticks this year.

Also not to mention WoW is f2p, to level 20 though. Just some news for anyone who wants to try it out.

Not really an MMO. Basically Diablo with Guild Wars player hubs from the looks of it.

[YT]k8779Ff_qoc&feature=channel_video_title[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"