Free MMORPG's

DC Universe Goes F2P in October

http://news.mmosite.com/content/201...line_going_free_to_play_in_late_october.shtml

Not really free. It has three access levels.

Free: New players will now have access to the current gameplay in DC Universe Online (including Gotham City, Metropolis, and all current raids and alerts), with the ability to create two characters, join a league and many other benefits. Free level players will be able to purchase downloadable game packs/updates, additional character slots, powers and more through microtransactions.
Premium: Any player who has spent at least $5 USD (including former paid subscribers and new players who have purchased $5 of in-game items) will qualify for the Premium access level. Premium level players will have more benefits available to them than the Free level player, including additional character slots, additional inventory slots, and higher cash limits. Downloadable adventure packs, additional character slots, and more can be purchased in-game.
Legendary: Maximum features and benefits are included at this level. Loaded with enhanced additional features, Legendary access will be available for a $14.99 USD monthly fee and includes all DLC packs at no cost, more than 15 character slots, more than 80 inventory slots, the ability to form unrestricted-sized leagues, and many other benefits.

Anyhow, I would give it a try when it's free.

lol, that video cracks me up.

I used to play Runes of Magic, LoTRO, and Guild Wars when I had the time. They are all good but LoTRO is the best out of all of them because of the role-playing community.

Here's a proper preview of Vindictus. From what I played, it was pretty cool.

Part 1

[YT]ZZyL1pw7d34&feature=channel_video_title[/YT]

Part 2

[YT]KyKs8TjUAT4&feature=channel_video_title[/YT]

Part 3

[YT]Y3yOhOrBqco&feature=channel_video_title[/YT]

I tried playing Vindictus today but it kept crashing because it said one of my other programs was a game hack. It clearly isn't a game hack and after wasting an hour of finding a way around it, I gave up and uninstalled the game.

Too bad because the graphics and action looked really good.

I'm a massive fan of RPGs, and play mostly browser based game versions! :D my favourites would definitely be Drakensang Online, Remanum, and Ghost Recon Online. Anyone else play these? :)

Last edited:
Hmm I play GW reguarly, went back to CoH once it became free and since I used to be a paying member I'm a 'premium' member instead of full out free *so confusing* Plays really well. However I ended up giving them $15 anyway :cwink:

Haven't played LoTRO since beta. I'm actually a bit curious about it. I didn't know it went free.

And it. Is. GLORIOUS!

Never would have paid for this game otherwise. This works for me. lol I'm honestly surprised they even made it free to download.

Metin 2 is a vey popular free MMORPG with some of my friends

And it. Is. GLORIOUS!

Never would have paid for this game otherwise. This works for me. lol I'm honestly surprised they even made it free to download.

It's pretty much always free to download the game client regardless of subscription or not.

I really enjoyed what little of that game I played. I just don't have patience for the MMO grind anymore though.

I downloaded DCUo, but still haven't gotten around to playing it.

My problem also is that I don't seem to have the patience for games anymore. i loved RPG's and the like when I was a kid and teenager, but now, I prefer more straight forward hack n slash (Force Unleashed) and shoot 'em up (TF2) games.

Picked up that Lord Of The Rings Online agian. The dvd appeared to be duff (cycle redudency check). The patch took about an hour and half. The game wouldn't start because of apparently, missing files. It redownloading the whole thing again, which should take about 4-5 hours even though I have the disk sitting right here with no garentee of it working. Very anoying.

The free2play model for this is really good, very fair. The perks for buying the physical copy are also fantastic. Aside from the from install issues, really happy with it, highly recomended. Even if you don't have the time to play, it's a pretty easy going game with emphasis on PVE as oppossed to PVP. You can use money (instead of time) to buy boosts and they aren't very expensive at all, it's not like the daylight robbery you get with DLC (or World Of Warcrafts mount prices) these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"