Sequels Future of religous themes in Spiderman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave this religious nonsense out of the Spider-Man movies, please.

The only real religious themes in the Spidey movies is that Peter makes the "cross pose" when he saves the train in SM2. He is selflessly sacrificing himself for others. He is their "savior." The only thing I can see you saying in SM3 that is similar is that Peter goes to church for redemption and to rethink having the symbiote in SM3. While I think that classifies Peter as a Christian (though not necessarily a Catholic) that does not mean the movie had religious themes. Redemption is a universal theme. I kind of see Peter going for salvation to Church and then "washing away his past sins" in the shower. But this is light stuff.

Also remember, Sam Raimi is Jewish. That means he practices Judaism.

Silly thread.

The only real religious themes in the Spidey movies is that Peter makes the "cross pose" when he saves the train in SM2. He is selflessly sacrificing himself for others. He is their "savior." The only thing I can see you saying in SM3 that is similar is that Peter goes to church for redemption and to rethink having the symbiote in SM3. While I think that classifies Peter as a Christian (though not necessarily a Catholic) that does not mean the movie had religious themes. Redemption is a universal theme. I kind of see Peter going for salvation to Church and then "washing away his past sins" in the shower. But this is light stuff.

Also remember, Sam Raimi is Jewish. That means he practices Judaism.

Silly thread.
Arent all threads silly, in some way?

Ones with hours of effort trying to predict what will be in a movie years away with no official announcements or details is a wee bit silly, I'd say.

Clearly Spiderman will practice Pastafarianism and battle the Flying Spaghettis Monster.

Parker may also pray to Raptor Jesus.

Clearly Spiderman will practice Pastafarianism and battle the Flying Spaghettis Monster.

Parker may also pray to Raptor Jesus.

21501813_l.jpg

I voted that Peter should be a member of the nation of Islam, because that makes the most sense.

Geez, I feel dumber having read all of this.

I love how you left Christianity off. Choose from the major religions. ha ha. (sarcasm).This is sooooo stupid. In the comics, the few religious things in there point to Peter being a Christian and you left that one off the list. ha ha. Anywho, how 'bout we delete this topic and avoid any religious themes in spiderman movies. Comic movies don't make for good religious moral movies. There I said it. YOUR THREAD IS STUPID!

If we were discussing Marvel Zombies Spider-man, I could see where you'd include Christianity.

Yes, it is. Atheism is a lack of religion.
My college relgions professor would disagree with you there.

And I hate to use Wiki in a debate but....

Although atheism is often equated with irreligion, some religious philosophies, such as secular theology and some varieties of Buddhism such as Theravada, either do not include belief in a personal god as a tenet of the religion, or actively teach nontheism.
Atheism, in its broadest definition, is the absence of belief in a God or gods. The degree to which one can be considered an atheist while simultaneously being and adherent of a sect of a traditionally monotheistic, polytheistic, or non-theistic religion is the subject of ongoing theological debate.

Then again, I think my professor is a doucebag, so take it for whatever :hyper:

My college relgions professor would disagree with you there.

And I hate to use Wiki in a debate but....

Then again, I think my professor is a doucebag, so take it for whatever :hyper:
Hate to use wiki as a source too but...
A religion is a set of beliefs and practices often organized around supernatural and moral claims, and often codified as prayer, ritual, and religious.
I don't see how the belief that there is no god or gods applies to any part of this definition.

Also just to point this out, even if aethiesm would be considered a religion it still shouldn't be on this poll. There are no themes or morals associated with aethiesm or that aethiesm centers around.

The word Religion by definition is something we practice regularly that is why often you will hear people refer to their morning routine as something they do religiously because it is a routine in which their entire day is based around. So if your practice is to not practice anything and to avoid being linked to any system of beliefs then that is your religion and that's what atheism is. Also I'd like to say that it is utterly redicules that you could even consider making a theard about what religion he should be and leave of the worlds lagest and most well known. I as a Christian a preacher even am deeply offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"