Sequels Future villains for sequels

Well he betrayed Apocalypse before any of the X-Men were even born. And yes, he is unrealistic in the sense that he's been manipulating everything behind the scenes from the very beginning but that's what makes him so threatening. I'd even like a flashback to the 70s to happen where Sinister get shot down when he suggests sowing Deadpool's mouth shut but his colleagues in Weapon X shoot him down. So he's even responsible for Tom Rothman's dumb decisions.

I know my posts are a bit verbose so here's my outline

X-Force 2018 (Villains: Genesis/Tolliver, Sinsear and the Dark Riders)

X-Men: X-Cutioner's Song: 2019 (Villain: Stryfe)

Deadpool: The Circle Chase 2019 (Villains: Ajax, Garrison Kane, Sluggo)

X-Force: Assault on Weapon Plus 2020 (Villains: Sinister, Sublime, Ultomiton, Weapon X)

Wolverine: Enemy of the State 2020 (Villains: Donald Pearce, Lady Deathstrike, Bonebreaker, Reavers)

X-Men: Messiah Complex 2021 (Villains: Sinister, Sabretooth, Scalphunter, Marauders)

X-Force: Phalanx Covenant 2022 (Villains: Cameron Hodge, Bastion, Genoshan Masgistrates, Phalanx)

Wolverine: The Lazarus Project 2022 (Villains: Omega Red, Madripoor gangs, Mercenaries)

X-Men: Fatal Attractions 2023 (Villains: Magneto, Fabian Cortez, Acolytes)

X-Force: The Dark Angel Saga 2024 (Villains: Apocalypse, Archangel)

Wolverine: Final Execution 2024 (Villains: Daken, Sabretooth)

X-Men/X-Force: The Twelve 2026 (Villain: Apocalypse)

X-Force: Necrosha 2027 (Villain: Selene)

Wolverine: The Black Blade 2027 (Villain: Silver Samurai: Harada)

X-Men: Proteus: 2028 (Villain: Proteus)

X-Force: Destination Unknown 2029 (Villain: Armageddon Man)

X-Men: Onslaught 2030 (Villains: Onslaught, Shadow King, Dark Pheonix)

X-Force: Sex + Violence 2031 (Villain: Belladonna)

X-Men: Dangerous 2032 (Villains: Danger, Cerebro)

X-Force: Dirty Tricks 2033 (Villain: Volga)

X-Men: Supernovas 2034 (Villains: Children of the Vault)

I think I just listed why the rights shouldn't revert to Marvel for another 20 years. There are just too many good stories to tell and Marvel already has a full slate. I'm all for Spider-Man reverting. If the Fantastic Four reboot sucks, I'll start supporting those rights reverting but Fox has mostly done well and I can see them push the X-Men for a good long time.

Last edited:
what casts do you expect to do all those movies?

original cast wont do 5-6 more movies, neither First Class cast; maybe one more, but all those movies? obviously not

that would be a way of approaching it, but I think will Fox will take the reboot route before recasting and continuing the existing timeline.

and all those Wolverine movies, hell no, give us something new, Gambit, New mutants or whatever, but all those wolverine movies would be oversaturation big time

I think will Fox will take the reboot route before recasting and continuing the existing timeline.

I agree and in my opinion, its for the best.

yeah.

XMen is a 14 years old franchise, and will continue for at least 8 more years, so once both casts are done, its better to start fresh, with a new origin, new team, different roster, new actors, some younger, some older.... just a whole different take.

Would be cool to see the first movie having the likes of Nightcrawler, Rogue and Gambit on the team yet, or at least joining in the first movie, instead of introducing them in the sequels. That would make the movie quite different to X1 or any x-men movie to date, for that matter. Angel could be one of the founders too, to give him a better arc next time around

yeah.

XMen is a 14 years old franchise, and will continue for at least 8 more years, so once both casts are done, its better to start fresh, with a new origin, new team, different roster, new actors, some younger, some older.... just a whole different take.

Would be cool to see the first movie having the likes of Nightcrawler, Rogue and Gambit on the team yet, or at least joining in the first movie, instead of introducing them in the sequels. That would make the movie quite different to X1 or any x-men movie to date, for that matter. Angel could be one of the founders too, to give him a better arc next time around

As much as I love the original cast, at some point Fox will have to reboot X-Men just like with their properties. Personally I want the last film to be released in 2025, 25 years after X1. So X5 in 2018, X6 in 2020, X7 in 2022, X8 in 2024, X9 in 2025 and some spinoffs inbetween those years.

Then for the rebootI want a bigger X-Men roster for the 1st film compare to X1.

me tooo. 7 official x-men would be fine for the first movie, with some secondary cameos here and there.

Im not a Jubilee fan, but wouldnt mind if she has a bigger role next time around

Lol, who said anything about the original cast? DOFP made it so that they aren't needed any time soon. The only person who may need to be recast in the near future is Wolverine. We already got our reboot.

Lol, who said anything about the original cast? DOFP made it so that they aren't needed any time soon. The only person who may need to be recast in the near future is Wolverine. We already got our reboot.

Dofp just reminded people whom this franchise started with and who are in the future. So what are you talking about. If youthink most people left the theater wanting it to be the end for them then then I disagree. The audience responded to them very well.

me tooo. 7 official x-men would be fine for the first movie, with some secondary cameos here and there.

Im not a Jubilee fan, but wouldnt mind if she has a bigger role next time around

Actually I want 8 to 12 members for the X-Men. Storm, Jean, Scott, Logan, Marie, Hank, Bobby, Remy, Kurt, Piotr, Kitty then save Betsy, Warren for the sequels.

Going back to villains:
1213538-210106_100423_selene_super.jpg

I'd like a main female baddie at some point…

12 members on the first movie would be crazy lol. They wouldnt have time to show enough of anyone, it would feel too much too soon

12 members on the first movie would be crazy lol. They wouldnt have time to show enough of anyone, it would feel too much too soon

I agree. Plus, I'd rather that Fox divide members between X-Men and X-Force jut to avoid much overlap. From the looks of it, the psuedo-reboot cast is looking like

X-Men: Cyclops, Phoenix, Wolverine, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Nightcrawler, Xavier

X-Force: Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Archangel, Psylocke

Then when the films reach certain points in time, I expect the rosters to expand.

90s

X-Men: Bishop

X-Force: X-23, Fantomex

2000s

X-Men: Shadowcat, Rogue, Colossus, Iceman

X-Force: Hope Summers, Siryn

2010s

X-Men: Sage, Sunfire

X-Force: Sunspot, Warpath, Marrow

Rolling characters out slowly allows everyone to get some decent screen time and character development. Plus, once the films hit the 2000s, I expect them to slow down to two for each team per decade. Anyway, regarding TV characters, here's who I expect to show up.

X-Factor: Mystique, Quicksilver, Polaris, Multiple Man, Layla Miller, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane, Rictor, Shatterstar, Forge

New Mutants: Jubilee, Surge, Cannonball, Chamber, Husk, M, Hellion, Prodigy, Karma, Magma, Synch, Cypher, Wind Dancer, Pixie, Dust, Elixir

Sadly, Havok will need to take a backseat since he was introduced in the 60s. He's most likely going to become Corsair should the Starjammers ever show up. Still, he's the only major character to get the short end of the stick. Fans of everyone else should eventually be satisfied.

I like the idea of each sequel introducing like 2-3 new x-men.

X2 introduced Nightcrawler, Colossus and showed Jubilee/Kitty a bit more, so thats a good approach.

About X-Force, as much as Id love to see Archangel, I highly doubt they include him in XForce1. Domino for sure, and Psylocke... I have doubts too. But would be pretty baddass having both Domino and Psylocke on the same movie, tho I kind of preffer boom-boom before Psylocke, this way Betsy would be the big addition in XForce 2

I like the idea of each sequel introducing like 2-3 new x-men.

X2 introduced Nightcrawler, Colossus and showed Jubilee/Kitty a bit more, so thats a good approach.

About X-Force, as much as Id love to see Archangel, I highly doubt they include him in XForce1. Domino for sure, and Psylocke... I have doubts too. But would be pretty baddass having both Domino and Psylocke on the same movie, tho I kind of preffer boom-boom before Psylocke, this way Betsy would be the big addition in XForce 2

I disagree since Psylocke was mentioned by Jeff Wadlow by name and Archangel is too important of a character for the films to ignore. He absolutely needs to appear since he's a popular character who needs a day in the limelight but at the same time, I feel like his powers which often lead to him decapitating people are a bit too dark for the PG-13 rated main series. Plus, he was a member of X-Force for a good long time in the 2000s.

I'd also rather use Tabitha in New Mutants since somebody needs to be the lovable class clown. X-23 is a far better choice for X-Force's teen sidekick since I'd rather pay $10 to see Laura on the big screen than Boom Boom.

I said 8 to 12 members. What I wrote were just my selection.

And I don't see a X-Men film and a X-Force film being released back to back for like years. We would be lucky just to get 1 X-Force film at this point.

once Apocalypse and Wolverine 3 happen, Fox will start a new era, so most of us will be surprised with different type of proyects.

2000-2009 Fox was a different studio at the time, but 2017-2022 Fox will be pretty different, and we'll see it. The industry will be much more ambitious in a few years, so Fox will step their game up for sure.

its normal to have doubts. But changes happen all the time, so we just need to wait and see

2017 will be the release of Wolverine 3 and Fantastic Four 2. So how is that any different from 2009 to 2016?

you just have said it: two movies on the same year. That's a clear evolution.
Back in the day, Fox only did a x-men related movie with a 3 years gap, now we have gotten:

2013: The Wolverine
2014: Days of future past
2015: Fantastic four reboot
2016: Apocalypse
2017: Fantastic Four 2 and Wolverine 3. (first step in the good direction)

Next evolution can only be a new property. When? we just cant know. So all we can do is wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"