FX’s Shogun | Hiroyuki Sanada, Cosmo Jarvis, Anna Sawai

Yabushige you double crossing son of a gun, I trusted you with my Anjin. At least Mariko survived that 8 on 1 scrap and nearly committing harakiri.........................NO MARIKO STAY AWAY FROM THAT DOOR!!!

I swear between this and X-Men97 my Disney+ account is trying to kill me with emotional trauma overload.

florida-evans-damn.gif

cfdd8c8ab7dc9eda92da709ba8ef139c28d89efc.gif

Do we really think Mariko is dead?

It looked pretty conclusive but I am just not convinced.

I don't think it would be wise to end an episode like that only to walk it back one week later.

If Catelyn Stark got up the week after the Red Wedding episode only to find that her throat hadn't been cut, but the blade only lightly grazed her neck, we'd feel pretty cheated.

For those debating the ending of last nights episode, it pretty much matches the source material.
Of course other character stories have diverted from the book and from their historical analogs so even those who are not seeing this production as their introduction could have some hope

Do we really think Mariko is dead?

It looked pretty conclusive but I am just not convinced.
Yeah she gone. This aint a super hero show, every death so far as been pretty brutal and infatic. She dodged death twice in the episode but that blast looked pretty conclusive to me, she at least has a very large whole in her back now. Plus from a narrative point of view her dying makes the most sense anyway, finding a purpose in her death/being free like she wanted etc etc. Bring her back straight away would ruin the point of the entire episode itself.

For those debating the ending of last nights episode, it pretty much matches the source material.
I was going to mention that but I wasn't sure about how to say without spoiling anything.

My only fear is with just one episode left is there enough time to wrap up all the loose ends as well as show anything of the war itself. One more hour doesnt seem enough to tie up everything and do everything justice thats been built up, I just hope this series can get a fitting end knowing there isnt going to be another season. Perhaps a longer final episode?

It's astonishing how raptured I can be by the dialogue (and subtitles) while also not losing the actor's presence/skills.

It's like watching someone cook a perfect meal and knowing it's great by just the smells.

Yabushige being smitten by Blackthorne after Blackthorne was smitten by Yabushige was cute.

This show is easily in my top 15-10 of all time.

My only fear is with just one episode left is there enough time to wrap up all the loose ends as well as show anything of the war itself. One more hour doesnt seem enough to tie up everything and do everything justice thats been built up, I just hope this series can get a fitting end knowing there isnt going to be another season. Perhaps a longer final episode?
The show has deviated from the book, but the book doesn't show the war at all other than a brief two page epilogue.

The show has deviated from the book, but the book doesn't show the war at all other than a brief two page epilogue.
Fair enough then, doenst seem like enough time for closing up all the things to resolve and then a war as well now so will be a shame if we dont get to see what it seemed to be building towards but if its not part of the main book anyway thats probably why we wont get it.

Yeah she gone. This aint a super hero show, every death so far as been pretty brutal and infatic. She dodged death twice in the episode but that blast looked pretty conclusive to me, she at least has a very large whole in her back now. Plus from a narrative point of view her dying makes the most sense anyway, finding a purpose in her death/being free like she wanted etc etc. Bring her back straight away would ruin the point of the entire episode itself.
EXACTLY!

I hope the others get made. :D

That couldn't be a more perfect and not obvious ending to a show that is built more on story and character than action.

I'm pretty sure everyone who was expecting a Battle of the Bastards level finale will be super disappointed.

My memory must be crap because I thought in the book : Mariko survived the blast, but committed ritual suicide after the battle at Osaka. Am I wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"