DC TV Series FX turning Y: The Last Man to Series

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/y-last-man-tv-series-831981

I've been wanting a tv series out of this for many years now. I'm so glad that the television format is the proper way to go. And better yet, Vaughan is involved!

This is also terrific for a 99% female cast. A lot of great actresses are gonna get work now with some great material.

Last edited:
Can't believe it took how many Walking Dead seasons for them to realize this belonged on TV with it.

That's something that they should've figured out before TWD started. As soon as I read the book, I knew it would fit better on TV than film. And yet they spent like five straight years trying to get a movie starring Shia off the ground. See how well that worked out?

Probably for the best. Exciting news, regardless.

Y The Last Man will never work as a movie. TV is the best medium if you want to do it.

I can dig the idea of this being a TV show. Probably a much better idea than a movie.

Maybe the reason why they're waiting is just a timing thing? You know, if Hillary Clinton becomes president of the US gender rights will be scrutinised a lot more like how race was talked a lot more about when Obama became president so maybe they'll wait for her to come to power before making the show?

I don't even know who they can get for Yorick anymore. All the other suggestions are too old now

So maybe we'll see the series premiere in January 2018.

I like the sound of the showrunner and I'm so excited that they are finally working on it but part of me was hoping to see what Jenji Kohan (Orange is the new Black) would do with it

Steven Yeun if you must get an asian.

Urgh eff that guy. Ruined so much already

gmU4F9R.png

Bit like that nightwing reveal that never happened I reckon :’(

I still have to finish reading the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"