G.I. Joe:The Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by He-Man, Feb 14, 2008.

1. He-Man Registered

Posted: Mon., Feb. 11, 2008, 5:00

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117980627.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&nid=2607

EA develops Hasbro properties
    Upcoming games will include 'G.I. Joe' tie-in

Electronic Arts is developing a broad array of games based on Hasbro properties set to come out in the next several years, including one tied to the upcoming "G.I. Joe" film.

Numerous sources said that EA will release a game in conjunction with Paramount's 2009 summer tentpole.

An EA rep confirmed that the publisher has interactive rights to "G.I. Joe" as part of its overall deal with Hasbro, but declined to comment on any specific game plans.

What are expectations of the game? I'm hoping to see at least some characters that didn't make it into the movie.

2. Kable24 Member of the NRA

it will probably be like the Transformers the Movie game, which wasn't very fun.

3. Timstuff Registered

EA tends to have a better track record for licensed games than Activision, though.

4. Gatchamanjp YO JOE!

I would like the ability to play as either G.I. Joe or Cobra characters, and be able to choose the members of your squad.

5. mr. peasant Registered

I've a strong suspicion that it'll either be a FPS or a TPS (third person shooter). Though personally, I'd rather a more 'squad-based' strategy game similar along the lines of Jagged Alliance (anyone else played that game before?).

6. Timstuff Registered

I think that it should either be an FPS, or a third person shooter in the vein of Gears of War or GRAW, and it needs some crazy vehicles to drive. And there would definitely have to be an online mode that pits GI Joes against Cobras.

7. Virus276 Registered

I wouldn't mind if it were similar to Socom like how you can choose your team and their weapons. Gears of war style would be cool too

8. Kable24 Member of the NRA

Socom style would be great with online capabilities like CoD 4.

9. DarthRekal Dodger Blue

:up: