Game movies that don't "suck"

Clue is technically the best but thats a board game

cluesnesfrontcover.jpg

:cwink:

Silent Hill is the best IMO. At least on a technical stand point. It also got the feel of the games down pretty well.

MOOOOORTAL KOMBAAAAAT!!!!!!! :D That was cool back in the day. But I think it has aged terribly. Some of the fight scenes are laughable.

Doom was ok... I'm not too bothered about accuracy to the source as long as it is good in it's own right. But i feel them changing it from not being about Hell took away from the film. If they stuck to the games, it could of been really unique. Like The Keep, set on Mars, with more action and demons!

But no, they turned into some generic "genetic experiment gone wrong" crap.

Can't believe I forgot about Silent Hill, that movie was good :cwink:

Does no-one enjoy the Resident Evil sequels? I find the original movie awful, but Apocalypse and Extinction are loads of fun. Admittedly, Apocalypse is not a good movie by any means, but it's not a bad one, and that elevates it above 90% of everything else based ona video game. Extinction is a genuinely good action/adventure/zombie/post-apoclyptic/Mad Max combo. So that's my vote for best ever movie game.

'fraid you're out of luck, there. Most of the video game fanbase despises the movies, and most serious cinema buffs agree that they're derivative junk. Even if I was not appalled at the blatant disservice that the movies have done to the source material, I'd still say they were cheesy schlock.

I didn't find any of the RE movies enjoyable, also I think that the few characters that were included from the game were only included jus so the film makers could say **** there's a game character in it. I found Degeneration to be pretty good tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"