Games that deserve another chance next generation?

Alpha Protocol, RPG maker, Mercinaries, Mega Man/X/Legends

Street Fighter X Tekken

Wish this had been more successful. My 2 favourite fighter franchises combined. We'll see if Tekken X Street Fighter ever sees the light of day.

The way Capcom handled DLC for that was a complete turnoff. Wish they had an Ultimate bundle with everything for like $20 on PS+

I would of said Sleeping Dogs a few weeks ago, but its been confirmed that game will get a follow up. Other than that though, im not too sure. I wouldnt mind seeing the guys behind X-Men Origins: Wolverine get another shot at a pseudo sequel or comics based Wolverine game.
Very much agreed, easily the best Wolverine game

Alan Wake, Remember Me *will think of more later*
I need to continue with that game
If only it wasn't glitching, at least on my current PC

I'd say both the devil may cry and prince of persia reboots for sure, can't think of any others at the moment.
I agree

This article seems perfectly timed for this thread. Many of the games weren't massive financial successes but deserve another chance.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...es-You-Might-Have-Missed-This-Generation.html
Top 10 Brilliant Games You Might Have Missed This Generation

The list for ref:

Metro 2033
Bayonetta
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Vanquish
Alpha Protocol
Lost Odyssey
Binary Domain
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Bulletstorm

Bayonetta and Castlevania are the only ones I've owned. Well I guess I own Vanquish as that was on Plus.

Oh wow yea vanquish is another one, and of course heavenly sword, can't believe I forgot that one

The way Capcom handled DLC for that was a complete turnoff. Wish they had an Ultimate bundle with everything for like $20 on PS+
It was totally pathetic. Even though I love the game I'm not buying extra characters, even ones I want. If they're not in the original full price game or available for free they don't exist as part of the product to me. I'll never support this practise.

Bayonetta and Castlevania are the only ones I've owned. Well I guess I own Vanquish as that was on Plus.
I own all except Alpha Protocol and have tried nearly all of them and most of them have enough merit for me to want to see another game. I like playing these below-AAA but non-budget (maybe B-AA) games and hope they don't die out. I do think they should be priced a little more competitively though.

Heavenly Sword

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

I mentioned this before, Iceman and I had a good back-and-forth about it in another thread, but I really want to see Warhammer 40,000 get another shot at becoming a big AAA franchise. It has so many things that appeal directly to many gamers...

Military?

Check.

vOoUYVD.jpg

Big dudes in badass armor?

Check.

p35mKaT.jpg

Guns?

Obviously.

SIRt7g2.jpg

Okay, of course they have guns, but... do they have swords??

...and axes...and hammers...and polearms...and shields...and...

5rZUJDE.jpg

Sexy ladies?

Sure. Why not?

Q3ByYV9.jpg

Robots?

Affirmative.

Kgn0OgG.jpg

Aliens?

Check.

gPnZgCO.jpg

Weird demonic ****?

You don't even wanna know.

3FiLqhE.jpg

Giant mechs?

The giantest.

5PvJzYj.jpg

Epic battles?

**** yeah.

z8ye77H.jpg

(Yes, that's a castle sitting on top of that mech.)
And that stuff is kind of just barely scratching the surface. Warhammer has such an astounding breadth of style and content, much of it that would appeal directly to many of the same people that are into a lot of the popular modern games. It's kind of baffling to me that it hasn't gotten it's claws into more gamers and had more success in the AAA arm of the game industry.

Space Marine I thought was excellent, and a really good start at establishing a foothold in the console arena. Or it would have if it would've sold more. Unfortunately it didn't, and it's planned two sequels have been cancelled. However, like I said, I think 40K has incredible potential for really great video games beyond what they've already done. So hopefully the sales of Space Marine won't discourage publishers from doing more big-budget 40K games and give the franchise another chance in the coming next generation.

Hmmm I dl space marine as a ps plus free game, but never really got around to playing it since it just seemed so generic on the surface. Guess I'll give it a shot now.

I mentioned this before, Iceman and I had a good back-and-forth about it in another thread, but I really want to see Warhammer 40,000 get another shot at becoming a big AAA franchise. It has so many things that appeal directly to many gamers...

Military?

Check.

vOoUYVD.jpg

Big dudes in badass armor?

Check.

p35mKaT.jpg

Guns?

Obviously.

SIRt7g2.jpg

Okay, of course they have guns, but... do they have swords??

...and axes...and hammers...and polearms...and shields...and...

5rZUJDE.jpg

Sexy ladies?

Sure. Why not?

Q3ByYV9.jpg

Robots?

Affirmative.

Kgn0OgG.jpg

Aliens?

Check.

gPnZgCO.jpg

Weird demonic ****?

You don't even wanna know.

3FiLqhE.jpg

Giant mechs?

The giantest.

5PvJzYj.jpg

Epic battles?

**** yeah.

z8ye77H.jpg

(Yes, that's a castle sitting on top of that mech.)
They need to hire you for their marketing team. Who wouldn't want all that?!

And that stuff is kind of just barely scratching the surface. Warhammer has such an astounding breadth of style and content, much of it that would appeal directly to many of the same people that are into a lot of the popular modern games. It's kind of baffling to me that it hasn't gotten it's claws into more gamers and had more success in the AAA arm of the game industry.

Space Marine I thought was excellent, and a really good start at establishing a foothold in the console arena. Or it would have if it would've sold more. Unfortunately it didn't, and it's planned two sequels have been cancelled. However, like I said, I think 40K has incredible potential for really great video games beyond what they've already done. So hopefully the sales of Space Marine won't discourage publishers from doing more big-budget 40K games and give the franchise another chance in the coming next generation.
I'm confident 40k games will keep being made, I just hope they really go for full AAA at some stage and that it yields the desired financial results. Like you say the content is awesome, very broad and perfectly designed to what a large percentage of gamers would naturally gravitate towards. I also hold out hope that something similar can happen for Warhammer Fantasy one day.

Hopefully Eternal Crusade will be a success on PS4 and Xbone, and that will maybe pave the way for more Warhammer stuff to follow.

Speaking of which, I would add Heavenly Sword to that. Its a shame that game never got a sequel and NT have grown as developers so it would be interesting to see them revisit that. If not, I maintain that Sony Santa Monica would be an awesome choice to resurrect that.

PS All Stars Battle Royale. The game was great but it lacked good presentation and personality. From the outside, it just looked so basic. Simple tweaks like changing the menus and the design could have made for a better experience. Its also a shame that a game called PS All Stars, was missing quite a few of Sony's notable franchises. It relied too heavily on third parties and missed out on the more obvious choices (Solid Snake, Lara Croft for example). It definetly deserves to make a comeback on the PS4 and if given more time, I think they could produce a much better game.

It probably didn't help that it drew so much comparison to Smash Bros for obvious reasons. For a sequel, Id switch things up and instead of fighting on a 2D plane, Id go for an arena style level as seen in Power Stone (which also needs to be revived). The core gameplay mechanic would probably have to change, but change could be good here. They could probably include a mix of 3D arena stages and the 2D ones

While both characters did make the first big splash on the Playstation, they are third party characters. Maybe the creators just wanted too much money for the licsense.

Mobile Suit Gundam.

And I mean an actual shooter type war game. No more of that Dynasty Warriors stuff. Give me a real heavily military themed Gundam game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"