The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Lenore Zann was spotty at first, but all that emotion she packed in on those crying scenes won me over. Alison Sealy Smith is also still the best Storm ever.
Storm was always cringey. Wolverine, Scott, and Rogue did not age well at all. Scott sounds like a Saturday Morning Cartoon Character, Wolverine sounds like an old guy trying to sound tough, and Rogue sounds like an old woman trying to sound sassy and young.

Man, watch X-Men 97 so we can chop it up about it!

View attachment 88661
LOL I've been busy this month but I'm gonna re-up D+ within the next week or so but I still have to power through what little I have of the original X-Men TAS before jumping into '97. I was also waiting until there were only a few eps left so I only needed to re-up for a month, which I think we're past that point now right?

I hate Rogue and Magneto. I also hate the original VAs. That's it.
Storm was always cringey. Wolverine, Scott, and Rogue did not age well at all. Scott sounds like a Saturday Morning Cartoon Character, Wolverine sounds like an old guy trying to sound tough, and Rogue sounds like an old woman trying to sound sassy and young.

IMG_1402.gif

IMG_1403.gif

Bringing back the same voice actors for most characters was a huge mistake imo. It was bad then and it’s bad now. Maybe even worse because we’ve got old folks trying to sound younger than they clearly are.

Is the spoiler announcement up because of X-Men 97?

Will season 2 of X-Men 97 be called X-Men 98?

LOL I've been busy this month but I'm gonna re-up D+ within the next week or so but I still have to power through what little I have of the original X-Men TAS before jumping into '97. I was also waiting until there were only a few eps left so I only needed to re-up for a month, which I think we're past that point now right?

Yessir. I can't believe the show's first season is almost up in 3 weeks, it's been a RIDE.

LOL For real. I mean look, every thing is not for every body but...

If you can't feel the raw emotion that Rogue is giving in these last few episodes, or just the passion and misery in Storm's voice when she loses her powers, then I don't know what to say. I was not expecting at all to get emotional like that these last few weeks.

Warms my heart too to see this all recognized on the Twitter machine lol, still can't believe it trended to #1

Is the spoiler announcement up because of X-Men 97?

Will season 2 of X-Men 97 be called X-Men 98?

Partly yes, but same can be applied to anything current. We have a lot of people who seem to forget Spoiler Tagging is not a request, it's a requirement. Which there isn't really an excuse for. Spoiler tags have been a thing forever. This shouldn't be news for anyone, to be perfectly blunt

As for the title, probably just going to be X-Men 97 the whole time.

Bringing back the same voice actors for most characters was a huge mistake imo. It was bad then and it’s bad now. Maybe even worse because we’ve got old folks trying to sound younger than they clearly are.

If I ever watch the show I'll watch it in spanish dub because I really can't stand the voices, especially Rogue. She sounds so old and doesn't match the design at all.

The first couple episodes with Rogue, I agree, she sounded noticeably older
But episodes 5 and 7 I actually thought she sounded like she used to... but maybe I just acclimated to it

Cal Dodd sounds ok sometimes, but a bit off others... but I give him points because I still hear his voice whenever I see Wolverine

The one who still sounds spot on imo, is Beast... Maybe because he had an older voice to begin with, but I hear no difference there

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"