• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Gas station explosion kills 4 in W.Va.

Superman

The Man Of Steel (Is #1)
Reaction score
This is about a half hours drive from me.:wow:

GHENT, W.Va. - An explosion leveled a gas station near a ski resort Tuesday morning, killing at least four people and seriously injuring at least nine others, authorities said.

A firefighter and a paramedic were among the injured at the Flat Top Little General Store on Route 19, said Kim O'Brien, spokeswoman for the state Fire Marshal's office, who provided the casualty figures.

Authorities suspect that a propane tank exploded at about 10:45 a.m., just as a fire truck was pulling into the station in response to a report of a leak.

The cause of the explosion has not been determined. O'Brien said she's not sure whether it was a propane tank or a liquid petroleum tank that exploded.

All that's left of the building is a pile of debris, twisted metal framework and a sign showing the price of gasoline starting at $2.19 a gallon.

The explosion was felt at least a mile away at The Ski Shop.

"I thought we got struck by lightning. The whole building shook. The power went off," said Ben Monast, the shop's manager.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070130...hpJ9V9vzwcF;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Wow. I guess they're lucky it wasn't busier and more people didn't die.

Have they linked it to international terrorism yet?

Where are you at? I'm near Beckley.:huh:

Possible causes of explosion?

gride1ex1.jpg

Fill 'er up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"