Geoff Johns and Allan Heinberg Are The Script Writers

ManWithNoName18

Sidekick
Reaction score
There was never an update so thought I'd make this

From press release

Jenkins directs the film from a screenplay by Allan Heinberg and Geoff Johns, story by Zack Snyder & Allan Heinberg,

my thoughts
Zack Snyder - ehhh his storytelling was never a strength even in his good movies.

Geoff Johns - enjoy his comics, I'll give him a pass on GL because a lot of his stuff got thrown out.

Allan Heinberg - don't know much about him

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Zack Snyder's story credit was just him telling Heinberg what he had for film's story rather than writing an actual story.

According to a tweet, I believe Patty Jenkins had some input as well.

Allen Heinberg actually wrote a few issues of Wonder Woman years ago. I have them somewhere, but I can't remember how good they were. If i remember correctly, they focused more on Donna Troy than they did Diana. I have full faith in Geoff Johns, he understands DC's characters more than almost any other writer. If these dudes are given the proper freedom to do right by WW, I'm sure we will get a fantastic film.

Allen Heinberg actually wrote a few issues of Wonder Woman years ago. I have them somewhere, but I can't remember how good they were. If i remember correctly, they focused more on Donna Troy than they did Diana. I have full faith in Geoff Johns, he understands DC's characters more than almost any other writer. If these dudes are given the proper freedom to do right by WW, I'm sure we will get a fantastic film.

The Heinberg WW issues were not particularly good. He also wrote the first issues and then left off the conclusion pending for over a year, which may show how much he cared about the work.

Geoff Johns is the guy who gave us the WW ice-cream scene.

There was never an update so thought I'd make this

From press release

Jenkins directs the film from a screenplay by Allan Heinberg and Geoff Johns, story by Zack Snyder & Allan Heinberg,

Is no one else really bummed about this? They need an actual film screenwriter. Not a comic book writer or television writer. Comic book/television/movies are very, very different mediums and being able to write for one doesn't mean you can write another.

I really wish Patty Jenkins had written the script, with help from Geoff Johns.

The Heinberg WW issues were not particularly good. He also wrote the first issues and then left off the conclusion pending for over a year, which may show how much he cared about the work.

Geoff Johns is the guy who gave us the WW ice-cream scene.

To be fair he also wrote Amazo Virus, Darkseid War, Infinite Crisis among a few other comics that had Wonder Woman. He seems to have a decent handle on Wonder Woman outside of the first 12 New 52 Justice League issues to be honest.

While Geoff has primarily written comics, he has experience with working on tv (Smallville ,Justice League Unlimited, Flash, Arrow, etc) and working with movie (Richard Donner, David Goyer, etc), so it's not like he's completely inept on the experience and diving head first.

I think having Johns expertise with the comics and Heinbergs incredible skill at writing nuanced women characters really sold this movie and contributed to DC's rebirth as a force to be taken seriously.

Also, glad to finally see what Heinberg can do with Diana when he's not distracted!

Here is more info about the writing process for WW:

http://collider.com/wonder-woman-script-changes-writers-charles-roven/

Excerpt:

“While there are things that most of [the other writers] contributed that are in the script, there wasn’t anybody who ended up making such a contribution that they were able to get a credit. A guy by the name of Jason Fuchs got the third position in the ‘Story By’ so it’s Zack Snyder, Allan Heinberg, and Jason Fuchs, but Allan Heinberg got the full screenplay credit. Even though after he wasn’t able to finish working—he had to go back to the TV series that he was working on—Geoff Johns and Patty did a tremendous amount of collaboration. But again based on the rules they weren’t allowed to get any credit, but they did a lot of writing that stuck. So that’s the long-winded version of the answer being that we had a basic arc of a story, but scene to scene it really came together when Patty got involved.”

These are the unsung heroes.

And it's interesting that they came up with a fairly solid script by committee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"