George R.R. Martin Developing New HBO Series

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/george-rr-martin-developing-new-786264
APRIL 03, 2015 49 minutes ago by Aaron Couch
George R.R. Martin Developing New HBO Series
The series would center on a TV writer in 1949.

George R.R. Martin is looking to expand his TV reach.

The Game of Thrones author is developing a new series with HBO, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The potential series is called Captain Cosmos and centers on a young science fiction writer living in 1949 at the dawn of the age of TV. The writer spends his time penning stories no one else would dare to write.

The series is in early stages of development at the network, where Martin has an overall deal. The pilot is being written by Michael Cassutt, a writer and co-executive producer on SyFy's Z Nation.

The proposed series is not expected to be a big time commitment for Martin, who announced last month that he was dialing back on appearances in order to focus on writing The Winds of Winter, the long awaited sixth installment of his Song of Ice and Fire series. The previous book, A Dance With Dragons, was published in 2011.

Game of Thrones' producers have confirmed the series will reveal plot details from the book series before Martin's planned seventh installment is published.

HBO's Game of Thrones returns with season five on April 12 at 9 p.m.

Entertainment Weekly first reported the news of the potential series.
That sounds nice, but remember what your first priority should be, George. :o

So he can't write an episode of GoT but he can develop a whole new tv property?

Hey, just be happy he isn't doing both. :o

So, I'm guessing the "stories no one else dares to write" is code for erotica, right? I mean, they have to work in the gratuitous sex in somehow...

Captain Cosmos...and that plot...George, you're better than this.

Damn! For a moment I thought he was going to develop his vampire book on HBO.

Oh good. I started to worry he was rushing the books too much. :o

So how does HBO feel about waiting six years between individual episodes?

I'm of the opinion that he should be chained to a desk until he finishes A Song of Ice and Fire. There's no time for this!

It kinda doesn't, though.

And why are you all acting like this is GRRM alone working on this? It says there's another writer putting the pilot together.

So, I'm guessing the "stories no one else dares to write" is code for erotica, right? I mean, they have to work in the gratuitous sex in somehow...

And the writers family all have to die someway.

Sooo...

Can we get the rest of the books first? Work on TV when you're dead! :argh:

I kid. :p I'd just like to see the next book out sometime before 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"