Game of Thrones prequel given green light by HBO

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Brutikus, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Elayis

Elayis Well-Known Member

So I guess this means Star Trek 4 is dead. Either that, or either a) it's getting delayed, or b) Clarkson is no longer directing.

2. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Looks like an interesting and varied cast, and the premise sounds cool to. I'm intrigued. Also Georgie Henley is in this show, wow time flies. Part of me wonders how awkward it might be seeing Lucy Pevensie getting naked though?

3. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Honestly, I'm not very enthusiastic about this prequel. The parent show couldn't even manage to wrap up it's final two seasons with ten episodes each; be them short on story content or whether they just want to wrap it up quick is beyond me, but in my mind, this doesn't bold well for a prequel/sequel show. It's obvious why they're doing it; Thrones has made a lot of money, and they know they've got a financial success here (so why not extort it), but yeah, not overly enthusiastic.

My other problem, I think this'll end up just being another medieval show. Many fans of Thrones are in this (in part) due to the mystical nature of the show. If the prequel doesn't remotely touch on that (at least until the final chapters), I fear (maybe) they'll lose a few ten-thousand viewers.