Game of Thrones prequel given green light by HBO

So I guess this means Star Trek 4 is dead. Either that, or either a) it's getting delayed, or b) Clarkson is no longer directing.

Looks like an interesting and varied cast, and the premise sounds cool to. I'm intrigued. Also Georgie Henley is in this show, wow time flies. Part of me wonders how awkward it might be seeing Lucy Pevensie getting naked though?

Honestly, I'm not very enthusiastic about this prequel. The parent show couldn't even manage to wrap up it's final two seasons with ten episodes each; be them short on story content or whether they just want to wrap it up quick is beyond me, but in my mind, this doesn't bold well for a prequel/sequel show. It's obvious why they're doing it; Thrones has made a lot of money, and they know they've got a financial success here (so why not extort it), but yeah, not overly enthusiastic.

My other problem, I think this'll end up just being another medieval show. Many fans of Thrones are in this (in part) due to the mystical nature of the show. If the prequel doesn't remotely touch on that (at least until the final chapters), I fear (maybe) they'll lose a few ten-thousand viewers.

'Game of Thrones' prequel casts Miranda Richardson in major role

Miranda Richardson has joined the ensemble cast in what’s described as a series regular role.

No other details were released about the character. The British actress is best known to genre fans having played Rita Skeeter in the Harry Potter franchise, and also had roles in 1999’s Sleepy Hollow and 2002’s The Hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"