Ghost Rider DVD Discussion (What you'd like to see?)

So you want a bunch of new footage filmed? Great.

By the by, thanks for reminding me of that incedibly lame growl into the camera...what/who was he growling at...there was no one around. He was snarling at the camera...at us...it was really lame.

Well For Extras I hope they include a Ghostriders in the sky video

A long documentary about the making of the film from casting to special effects.

A documentary on the Ghost Rider comics.

A multi-video/pannelled comparison of the first transformation. Seeing all of the various stages that getting one to turn into Ghost Rider went through.

1. Storyboard
2. Animatic
3. Live Action
4. Visual Effects 1
5. Visual Effects 2
6. Etc.

That would really be a cool feature.

And Deleted Scenes.

Nothing else comes to mind right now. Oh and a feature on the Hellcycle!

A long documentary about the making of the film from casting to special effects.

A documentary on the Ghost Rider comics.

A multi-video/pannelled comparison of the first transformation. Seeing all of the various stages that getting one to turn into Ghost Rider went through.

1. Storyboard
2. Animatic
3. Live Action
4. Visual Effects 1
5. Visual Effects 2
6. Etc.

That would really be a cool feature.

And Deleted Scenes.

Nothing else comes to mind right now. Oh and a feature on the Hellcycle!

Sounds good I'd like a detailed comic book timeline. Interviews with comic book artists and writers that have worked on the book. Bio on the different characters in the comics. Character design drawings cause that artist rock that draw the concept art.

To the guy who created this thread, what the heck is up with 'animated prequel'? "I would only like an animated prequel."? That has nothing to do with the topic at hand really, unless you meant would you ALSO like an animated film.... just REALLY confused about that. Since, is this a thread about the film DVD???

Think you also must have meant 'animated sequel' because- what would happen in a prequel???

Srry for the confusion.

I'm not really liking your poll choices.
Even if some of your ideas are good, I'm not thinking most of that was cut out.
I doubt they filmed violent scenes for this that were left out, since they set out to film a pg-13 movie.
I don't know what has been cut out, someone mentioned a caretaker/blackheart fight, that sounds cool, apart from that anyone have any clue?
I'm guessing it'll mostly involve dialogue, or scenes that probably didn't fit into the film in the first place.

Sorry, what I originally thought was the intro could be expanded more with an animated sequence showing the story about Carter Slade saleing his soul. The story of the town and the 1000 souls. Then I thought well wouldn't a whole story about Caretaker be cool to have. Marvels been rolling out the animated movies and I just thought the story of Carter Slade/Caretaker could work really well as an an animaited movie. I called it a prequel because it would take place before the movie in the old west. The poll was just to see if people wanted an extended edition or not. I just added to the animated movie option to see if people would like to see it. Sorry for the confusion.

That could be cool, since I doubt they'd make a live action prequel.
And your other idea is sort of like the Punisher extended cut... Wonder if I should pick that up.

There's hopefully going to be an F4 extended cut. There was a HUGE turning point in Johnny's character arc that I loved and was deleted. Not to mention a lot more of Alicia (forgot if that's her name, you know- the Puppet Master's daughter).

That would be cool to see- the old west Ghost Rider- just was confused in the I'd rather have an animated prequel choice.

I'm not really liking your poll choices.
Even if some of your ideas are good, I'm not thinking most of that was cut out.
I doubt they filmed violent scenes for this that were left out, since they set out to film a pg-13 movie.
I don't know what has been cut out, someone mentioned a caretaker/blackheart fight, that sounds cool, apart from that anyone have any clue?
I'm guessing it'll mostly involve dialogue, or scenes that probably didn't fit into the film in the first place.

Yeah I realize these are high hopes lol. They would have to invest more money into doing comic book form Blackheart, but isn't everyone asking for that. I'd pay $30 instead of $20 for a dvd with that upgrade to help cover the cost. I do think MSJ said he had to cut some from the first transformation scene because of the rating.

That could be cool, since I doubt they'd make a live action prequel.
And your other idea is sort of like the Punisher extended cut... Wonder if I should pick that up.

The Punisher extented cut is cool. They add a subplot that pays off in the end showing the Punisher darker.:wow: The opening is a cool idea but is more an animatic then an animation. They tried to make it look like a Tim Bradstreet drawing. They spent all the money on getting a 40 MP camera! When they could have used that money on animating it more or morphing inbetween the posses some. But still its a cool extra and I'm glad I waited to get this edition.

More explanation in the second half of the film...like more detail in how he learns to control the spirit of vengeance etc. Maybe change some of ghost rider's awful lines...

LOL yeah real unrated. Ghostrider gets caught giving them the Penance stare.:ghost: :wow: :D

YEAH!!!!!! That's right! One only need to watch Training Day to know this is gold!

DO IT MARK! DO IT!

Of the options that you put there, I selected the first. I do think you didn't put enough options though; Unrated Version, Extended Version (not both together), Double Disced special features bonanza theatrical cut, stuff like that.

I'm happy with the theatrical cut. All I want now is some special features and a freakin' commentary. We better get a commentary.

Of the options that you put there, I selected the first. I do think you didn't put enough options though; Unrated Version, Extended Version (not both together), Double Disced special features bonanza theatrical cut, stuff like that.

I'm happy with the theatrical cut. All I want now is some special features and a freakin' commentary. We better get a commentary.

The unrated thing just means they don't have to get a rating for any extra scenes they add to it. Not that it's necessarily a lot darker. Mainly just for adding some more to the very end of his first transformation. MSJ said it was very tricky showing a person in pain on fire and getting a PG-13. Or if they add Blackheart beating the crap out of Caretaker. Also the theatral cut choice I consider the 2-disc special edition. Just no extra scenes. I should of put that next to it, and made it clearer that none of them are bare-bones no trills editions I hate those.

I'd like two hours of deleted scenes not directed by MSJ, with a different cast and a 'R' rating.

I think we must ignore deemar325 and maybe ban him!!!

Flamehead is The Mod Rider now, so if he goes to far with his stupid posts, i hope Flamehead wil ban him!!!!

Steve

About dvd:

I want an extended unrated version with everything filmed for this movie in the place.

I hope Mark will do that, he listens to fanboys, Singer doesn't (but i still hope we get an extended SR DVD with all the scenes in it)

Steve

How about a reprint of Marvel Spotlight #5. I loved the reprint of Amazing Fantasy #15 that I got with Spider-man.

I want an Extended Unrated DVD Edition. I'd like the battles to be longer. Is it just me, or did every villain seem extremely wimpy? They were all defeated in like less than 5 minutes except for Blackheart.

I want an Extended Unrated DVD Edition. I'd like the battles to be longer. Is it just me, or did every villain seem extremely wimpy? They were all defeated in like less than 5 minutes except for Blackheart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"